Myriam

Underrated Lana Songs

Guest Dot

Cola (Yes. You haters better suck that shit up! This song never gets old whereas UV...)

Backfire (one of her best but often overlooked songs)

Jump (one of my favourites from AKA. It's beautiful but where is the love for this song? I feel it never gets any love not even from AKA fans.)

Wow this needs to be bumped. More recently I feel that Lana's warm/summery songs are criminally underrated!

Summertime Sadness - the popularity of the song is probably what made so many people dislike it. Imo it's one of Lana's signature songs and it encapsulates her persona perfectly. It's warm and melancholic.

Brooklyn Baby/Florida Kilos - Now...where did all the love for these two songs go? IThey're Lana's most refreshing songs! Lyrically far more interesting than most of the songs from UV that ended up touching on subjects she has sung about for so many times that they don't sound authentic anymore. These two songs are by far the most interesting tracks from the album along with Cruel World.

Cola - Um. The fact this song has even been mentioned in the overrated songs thread is ridiculous. I might be the only person on this board that thinks it's a great song and looks past the opening line which already is iconic itself. The song features some of the best production Paradise had to offer. The mix of guitars and strings and soft drums give it this tropical and ethereal feel. It's like a warm summer breeze.

American - Often remains unmentioned or ignored. This song isn't the best of the best but I love how it's like a happy version of Blue Jeans. If Blue Jeans is Yin, then American is Yang. The song is really beautiful and deserves more attention.

tumblr_n4tas9suZA1s73qs0o1_500.gif

Brooklyn Baby/Florida Kilos - Now...where did all the love for these two songs go? IThey're Lana's most refreshing songs! Lyrically far more interesting than most of the songs from UV that ended up touching on subjects she has sung about for so many times that they don't sound authentic anymore. These two songs are by far the most interesting tracks from the album along with Cruel World.

Cola - Um. The fact this song has even been mentioned in the overrated songs thread is ridiculous. I might be the only person on this board that thinks it's a great song and looks past the opening line which already is iconic itself. The song features some of the best production Paradise had to offer. The mix of guitars and strings and soft drums give it this tropical and ethereal feel. It's like a warm summer breeze.

Wait....people actually dislike BKBY, FK and Cola????? BLASPHEMERS

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Wait....people actually dislike BKBY, FK and Cola????? BLASPHEMERS

Yup. People are crazy these days. Seriously...if you think songs like Sad Girl, a song whose lyrical theme and especiallt the chorus can't be more clichéed and uninspired are better than some of her most well-written and iconic songs, then I feel truly sorry for and hope you get past your sad and depressing phase.

I genuinely think that many people on here don't like happy Lana. They want her to keep singing depressing songs about being in love with a bad guy who is dead now. It's the same with I Can Fly. She intentionally cross-references herself on purpose bc it's "farewell to my sadness" song but people just criticize it for bein repetitive and crap (without actually saying why it is). I think most of them are pressed because a lot of people think that ICF is lyrically more up to par than Big Eyes.

Oh, it's my fav and one of the many reasons for this is the opening line :hooker: Apart from this, the way she sings, the feeling of the chorus, the way the instrumental is composed --- just everything about the song is wonderful.

Florida Kilos is wonderful, I guess it is so underrated because it really didn't fit UV. It felt thrown in and because of this it wasn't something that could promot ethe record (even though it would have made an amazing single). Brooklyn Baby is very good, but I can somehow get how some people don't like it too much, the verses appear veeery long and the end could be considered a bit messy. Still, it's a very good song and I really like it.

Summertime Sadness was just played faar too often for me to still consider it special. I like it, but it's not a song I need to listen to very often ... And American .. hm. It's beautiful, but for me it always feels a bit dull and fake after a while. It was wonderful live tho ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Summertime Sadness - the popularity of the song is probably what made so many people dislike it. Imo it's one of Lana's signature songs and it encapsulates her persona perfectly. It's warm and melancholic.

American - Often remains unmentioned or ignored. This song isn't the best of the best but I love how it's like a happy version of Blue Jeans. If Blue Jeans is Yin, then American is Yang. The song is really beautiful and deserves more attention.

Leaving aside the opinions of others, SS is one of the most beautiful songs of Lana, if not the best... :hooker:

BKBY don't make me crazy, but it's a great song. I prefer others songs of UV.

Florida Kilos is fantastic, but it's a bit "too cheerful" for the UV. It seems to come out from the album, but it doesn't clash.

On cruel world I agree with you, and it's probably the most underrated song with FK. Also MPG isn't bad, very calm but strong.

Cola isn't amazing, but nevertheless it's a very good song. The first verse and the strings are pretty cool, but that does not make it amazing.

I don't like American so much... In the Paradise Edition it's the song that I like the least...and I think it's not only my thought. :ohno: 

OH I HAVE ANOTHER ONE

Black Beauty (Album Version) - the fact that a properly produced version of the great demo has gotten so much hate is beyond me. It was never going to sound like the demo and I'm glad it didn't because the demo is simply what it is, a demo. You can tell it is due to the fact that the drum loop is not properly mastered and very cheap sounding. The final version doesn't take away the magic from the demo imo. The lyrics are the same and I personally think the demo has just elevated the song to another level of emotion.

OH I HAVE ANOTHER ONE

Black Beauty (Album Version) - the fact that a properly produced version of the great demo has gotten so much hate is beyond me. It was never going to sound like the demo and I'm glad it didn't because the demo is simply what it is, a demo. You can tell it is due to the fact that the drum loop is not properly mastered and very cheap sounding. The final version doesn't take away the magic from the demo imo. The lyrics are the same and I personally think the demo has just elevated the song to another level of emotion.

I love the album verison soooo much better than the demo

You're Gonna Love Me is vulnerable, haunting, and heartbreaking lyrically and melodically. Does it resonate with anyone else? I never see it mentioned!

you're gonna love me is really special to me. i think of lana sitting in her NY apt in obscurity, writing this song to get herself through it  :flutter:

let me be who i'm meant to be

I LOVE that song so much!  It's so playful. :)Angels Forever (LOVE!)

Hollywood

Never Let Me Go

Backfire

Kinda Outta Luck

Paris

Angels Forever is definitely not her most underrated song in fact its generally one of most popular songs that all fans on LB and elsewhere love to bits. I curious though what makes you think it underrated though tbh.

As for the rest of your list I completely agree with you that Hollywood,Never let me go ext are highly underated

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371