Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 hour ago, Let the Light In said:

It’s not a narrative it’s the truth. She released and blocked 8 artists this year. 

Honestly atp who gaf about charts and numbers anymore.... we should all fuck off and just enjoy music atp /gen

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

1 hour ago, Let the Light In said:
  Hide contents

Because it’s manipulation. It’s not natural or organic releasing more than 64 versions of the same album with only one song difference calling it exclusive. It is finding a loophole and manipulating charts. Billboard didn’t take any action like they did with other artists (not hard to guess why) and she keeps using this loophole.Anyway it’s Charli’s thread and I don’t want to go off topic with Taylor’s cheap tactics.

Rewind needs more love, I see people putting at the bottom of their rankings 

Rewind is top 3 on Brat but no one is ready for that conversation. Real bitches got it first listen YUP

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

1 minute ago, Heartmachine said:

You are so right yes :true:

as always <33

2 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

With the Kamala tweet, Charli, perhaps for the first time this summer, made a brand misstep. When she fired it off, she was hanging out in her pool at home in L.A. and waiting for Daniel to finish making lunch..."To be on the right side of democracy, the right side of women's rights, is hugely important to me," Charli tells me when I ask about her becoming a cable-news talking point. She makes her statement one careful word at a time. "I'm happy to help to prevent democracy from failing forever." It is an uncharacteristically earnest response. "I obviously knew what I was doing," she continues, rolling her eyes, presumably at herself. But she did not expect her tweet to be viewed 55 million times. "Did I think me talking about being a messy ***** and, like, partying and needing a Bic lighter and a pack of Marlboro Lights would end up on CNN? No." She is not, nor has she ever been, nor does she want to be "a political artist," she says. "I'm not Bob Dylan, and I've never pretended to be." Besides, she's British; she can't even vote in the U.S. "My music is not political," she tells me. "Everything I do in my life feeds back into my art. Everything I say, wear, think, enjoy — it all funnels back into my art. Politics doesn't feed my art."

i honestly love when she doesn’t talk about politics so i dont have to hear this shit lol

I feel like the grammys are shrodinger’s cat rn, like they mean absolutely everything and absolutely nothing until charli is nominated and/or wins. (personally they don’t mean much to me as I always feel like the same few people seem to sweep and it feels bias, but it would be nice for charli to win one as she seems to want one)

5 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

It didn’t tank- it reached no1 and did better record wise on the charts but less culturally like brat.

crash= mild charting singles 

No1 album.

Brat= Cultural impact

Tik Tok hit 

I'm assuming you mean #1 in the UK, and if that's the case Brat also went #1 in the UK, and had much better results in pretty much every other chart (including #3 on the BB200)

but my point was that crash failed in its attempt to be a "sell out" album because nothing went viral. it did well because by that time charli was established + it had lots of features, but no song went viral. good ones was supposed to be her "sell out" anthem and it tanked horribly. it's not even top 10 of her most viral songs. 

BRAT, on the other hand, can claim more than actual hit. i don't think they will be as long lived as boom clap or i love it but they're still huge on tiktok which is pretty much what being viral means now

53 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

I'm assuming you mean #1 in the UK, and if that's the case Brat also went #1 in the UK, and had much better results in pretty much every other chart (including #3 on the BB200)

but my point was that crash failed in its attempt to be a "sell out" album because nothing went viral. it did well because by that time charli was established + it had lots of features, but no song went viral. good ones was supposed to be her "sell out" anthem and it tanked horribly. it's not even top 10 of her most viral songs. 

BRAT, on the other hand, can claim more than actual hit. i don't think they will be as long lived as boom clap or i love it but they're still huge on tiktok which is pretty much what being viral means now

It went #2 in the UK- did its chart position change?

6 hours ago, rollwithme said:

I’m definitely reading too much into it, but mentioning Stay Away feels like a calculated move to come across as an og fan to Charli’s fanbase.

this is my personal opinion but it reads like she doesn’t like any of her current music - specifically the album that is getting praise, and almost discredits the work she’s done since True Romance.

i know it’s your personal opinion but this is such a reach omfg 😭

not swifties making everything about taylor, i have no idea wth they are talking about a friendship braclent and saying it was so rude of charli :lmao: (normally i dont pay attention to what they say but this was like 10 comments under a picture of the ICONIC new charli photos)

when charli ends up dropping the remix album  the same day as Eusexua :diva:

10 hours ago, Rust Dress said:

why does LITERALLY no one talk abt b2b anymore :eartha2: 

that song has been one of my favs since it was released

SOOO GOOD 

top 3 prettiest songs on brat are B2B, Everything is Romantic and I Might Say Something Stupid

i haven't been this obsessed with an album since she dropped 'Charli' like im still listening to it everydayyyyy

Charli was such a fun era, it was so messy at the start too and how it came about

constantly releasing promotional singles and a whole bunch of remixes we got, im sure the label wanted more money in return :defeated:

Brats era rollout has to be her best one yet tho

13 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

It didn’t tank- it reached no1 and did better record wise on the charts but less culturally like brat.

crash= mild charting singles 

No1 album.

Brat= Cultural impact

Tik Tok hit 

confused by your point cuz brat is doing 100x better than crash did on the charts 😭 

crash went #1 in the UK sure but that specific week also didn’t have much competition, brat sold more its debut week, it was just up against Taylor Swift

and in the US - crash didn’t get a singular billboard hot 100 entry, brat (so far) has had 4.

on the billboard 200, crash debuted at 7 and quickly fell down the chart - only lasting 3 weeks before falling off completely, meanwhile brat debuted at 3 and is still in the top 10 over two months after release, holding steady with no signs of lowering at its 11th week. 

also on US radio - good ones got played… a tiny bit? it reached top 50, but tbh i never heard it. 

right now she has 360 (#16), guess (#43), and apple (#47) on the radio at the same time (!!) 

(and i say all this as a lover of crash)

12 hours ago, Rust Dress said:

why does LITERALLY no one talk abt b2b anymore :eartha2: 

that song has been one of my favs since it was released

generalized tastelessness i'd say because this is the best song charli put out in like 4 years