Fluorine

Charli XCX

29 minutes ago, LiCKRISSH said:

:o is there more to it or was it just a short cover?

It was during the end of the Sucker era I think. If I remember correctly the interviewer gave her 2/3 Britney songs to cover live and it's basiclly just her reading the lyrics over the instrumentals. The other one was Baby One More Time I think

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

1 minute ago, Still Sane said:

It was during the end of the Sucker era I think. If I remember correctly the interviewer gave her 2/3 Britney songs to cover live and it's basiclly just her reading the lyrics over the instrumentals. The other one was Baby One More Time I think

Interesting! Haha ty :) new to me lol

idc what anyone says but after revisiting sucker i think we need a comeback of punk pop charli with a hyperpop twist to it... i dont think you understand im OBSESSED

can we please stop talking about sucker poorly bc i honestly think after all these years it doesn't seem bad at all and we need Charli to think the same... it was just a weird era this exact moment of her career but it still was super fun and the general idea of that album still seems authentic to Charli... just not the outcome of what her label forced her to release and Charli's weird obsession in becoming a mainstream popstar BUT there's many gems and career-defining moments on this album! 

1 minute ago, venicebitch said:

idc what anyone says but after revisiting sucker i think we need a comeback of punk pop charli with a hyperpop twist to it... i dont think you understand im OBSESSED

can we please stop talking about sucker poorly bc i honestly think after all these years it doesn't seem bad at all and we need Charli to think the same... it was just a weird era this exact moment of her career but it still was super fun and the general idea of that album still seems authentic to Charli... just not the outcome of what her label forced her to release and Charli's weird obsession in becoming a mainstream popstar BUT there's many gems and career-defining moments on this album! 

I've never hated on that album. There's only like 2-3 songs in the album I don't like - just like with 90% of the albums I listen to. To me it's a fun record and I'm glad I had my Sucker-obsessed moment when I got into Charli! I don't know if I would like her to release another album with pop/punk influences, but I'd definitely would like Charli (stans) to stop pretending it was a mistake. It was not. It's not my favourite album either, but it doesn't have to be so I recognize it's a good record.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I can totally see Charli doing something in the vein of like 800db cloud for an album. And when she started working on Charli ,idk if it was just me, but she definitely gave off the vibe thay she was gonna include a lot more guitar in the music. I think she still really has a love for that kind of stuff, so I would literally die for it! @venicebitch

8 hours ago, venicebitch said:

this! Sucker is severely underrated and i think even Charli has come round to it, she's mentioned (since the mixtapes) that she loves Need Ur Luv and Body Of My Own, even in that RedBull interview she did last year she confirmed that she didn't hate Sucker and the only song on there she dislikes is Break The Rules... the way i look at it, Sucker gave her commercial success, it was that success that encouraged her to go even more pop (which led her to creating XCX World) and if it weren't for the XCX World era we wouldn't have gotten mixtape Charli and the albums that followed... so lets take a moment to appreciate Sucker.

also, despite not liking Hey Boy, Hey Girl (controversial, right?) i forgot how much i miss her natural voice and tone, i love PC / autotune Charli but damn i miss her real voice! another reason Sucker should be appreciated more.

1 hour ago, bored said:

this! Sucker is severely underrated and i think even Charli has come round to it, she's mentioned (since the mixtapes) that she loves Need Ur Luv and Body Of My Own, even in that RedBull interview she did last year she confirmed that she didn't hate Sucker and the only song on there she dislikes is Break The Rules... the way i look at it, Sucker gave her commercial success, it was that success that encouraged her to go even more pop (which led her to creating XCX World) and if it weren't for the XCX World era we wouldn't have gotten mixtape Charli and the albums that followed... so lets take a moment to appreciate Sucker.

also, despite not liking Hey Boy, Hey Girl (controversial, right?) i forgot how much i miss her natural voice and tone, i love PC / autotune Charli but damn i miss her real voice! another reason Sucker should be appreciated more.

There are so many anthems. Need Ur Love, So Over You, Die Tonight as well as the bops Famous, Boom Clap and I just love Charli and Rita’s voices on Doing It. 

Hey Boy, Hey Girl is not it and actually never was. Thank god Charli never stained her discography with dated and poorly aged tunes like that. If she had not gone the mixtapes route she would be Anne Marie level of mediocre pop now

16 minutes ago, Lukeb said:

There are so many anthems. Need Ur Love, So Over You, Die Tonight as well as the bops Famous, Boom Clap and I just love Charli and Rita’s voices on Doing It. 

honestly, it's a great record, very fun and i loved the whole 90's high school aesthetic she had at the time...

i replaced Die Tonight with SuperLove however... although added it and the other bonus tracks to make a deluxe version.

Spoiler

01. Sucker

02. Break The Rules

03. London Queen

04. Breaking Up

05. Gold Coins

06. Boom Clap

07. Doing It

08. Body Of My Own

09. Famous

10. Hanging Around

11. SuperLove

12. Caught In The Middle

13. Need Ur Luv

Deluxe:

14. Money (That's What I Want)

15. So Over You

16. Die Tonight

10 hours ago, venicebitch said:

I've been craving a Dylan produced project of that kind since Nasty Cherry's I Am King