Fluorine

Charli XCX

Missed this little gem a YEAR ago, from an interview with Justin Parker with Dazed.

I heard you were working with Charli XCX. 
Justin Parker: Yeah, I really like her. She’s the only person I’ve actually felt comfortable going out of my comfort zone with. The song I’ve written with her is a big one. The melody could have appeared on a Primal Scream record like ‘Loaded’. 

X----into me, into you----X

Missed this little gem a YEAR ago, from an interview with Justin Parker with Dazed.

I heard you were working with Charli XCX. 

Justin Parker: Yeah, I really like her. She’s the only person I’ve actually felt comfortable going out of my comfort zone with. The song I’ve written with her is a big one. The melody could have appeared on a Primal Scream record like ‘Loaded’. 

And yet here we are without it :prettyhurts:

UGH she is being SUCH a tease!!! What is with these tweets!?

"2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album 2nd album"

"it's going to be so. fucking. good."

mess

qqAZ3mU.png

You wanna talk about mess, look at the expected release date on this article she just posted.  :biblio: It went from March to April to June just a few days ago now suddenly autumn/winter is a possibility? isn't the album nearly finished?  :noparty:

1012940_734447056566258_2135496785_n.png

I mean logistically it's not wise to release an album exactly 1 year after your debut unless you've become a mega star.

BzhmW.png

I mean logistically it's not wise to release an album exactly 1 year after your debut unless you've become a mega star.

I know it's not typical, but she still said it. Logistically it's not wise to release the lead single for your second album 3-4 months after your first album comes out. If she wanted to release an album a year and a half or two years after her debut like most artists she should have just said so instead of hyping up how she wanted to get this album out really fast because of how delayed the last album was...

This album has already been delayed possibly 7-8 months or more since the original date she gave. 

I just wish artists wouldn't make promises they can't keep. I'm honestly starting to think this could end up being a 2015 release...

I know it's not typical, but she still said it. Logistically it's not wise to release the lead single for your second album 3-4 months after your first album comes out. If she wanted to release an album a year and a half or two years after her debut like most artists she should have just said so instead of hyping up how she wanted to get this album out really fast because of how delayed the last album was...

This album has already been delayed possibly 7-8 months or more since the original date she gave. 

I just wish artists wouldn't make promises they can't keep. I'm honestly starting to think this could end up being a 2015 release...

I bet she'd release it tomorrow if she could. Thing is, a lot of artists including Charli goes through a lot of stress when releasing a new album (I know you're smart enough to know that.) Not to mention the amount of meetings she has to do with her label and producers. Remember how much anxiety she had about releasing 'True Romance'? She mentioned it in an interview once. Just take Sky for an example. The back of 'As If' says her debut album would be released summer 2011 and look how that turned out. 

I just feel like the last thing the artist would wanna hear at this point is "When do we get...?/Why did you push back...?" etc. Just give 'em a break, it is coming. It's hard to be patient, I get it, even harder not to wonder when sometimes, but if you really care for the artist you'd want them to release it whenever they're ready, not the fans.

EQFO7rX.png

I totally understand it's difficult. If I were an artist I wouldn't give dates when fans asked though, knowing how the industry works. It's frustrating when they say March or April or June and then it comes out months or years later. She's not obligated to give a release date, she could've just said later this year. And if anything I think it's better to say the album is out later than you think it will be to give yourself more of a window, and if you can release it earlier then go ahead.

I just don't get how 2 weeks ago she thought June, now she thinks maybe November. If she's unsure she shouldn't give false hope. I'm not angry at her, just let down.

I suppose especially because I'm in London right now so I was ESPECIALLY excited to get to see her here, her favorite place, and maybe go to a release party or something. Had it not been for that I might not be so disappointed now.

But she really can't do anything else with TR now that SuperLove is out.

An album coming a year after the lead single...

But she really can't do anything else with TR now that SuperLove is out.

An album coming a year after the lead single...

That's kind of my point... She shot herself in the foot releasing superlove so early if she can't deliver an album early this year... It's like when nuclear seasons came out so far ahead of TR all over again...

That's kind of my point... She shot herself in the foot releasing superlove so early if she can't deliver an album early this year... It's like when nuclear seasons came out so far ahead of TR all over again...

Yeah, but that was when True Romance wasn't even an idea! She released Stay Away 2 years before it, and had she liked any of the songs she did in 2010 more enough to release them (like, say, Jungle) they would've been 3 years before! The first real single from True Romance was You (Ha Ha Ha), and that was only 3 months before the album! 

This is just unacceptable.

X----into me, into you----X

Yeah, but that was when True Romance wasn't even an idea! She released Stay Away 2 years before it, and had she liked any of the songs she did in 2010 more enough to release them (like, say, Jungle) they would've been 3 years before! The first real single from True Romance was You (Ha Ha Ha), and that was only 3 months before the album!

This is just unacceptable.

I guess you're right about NS and Stay Away, but I'd argue that Superlove could be the "You're the One" of this era. Originally You're the One seemed to be the official lead single but really was just a promo single. I think she will call superlove a "promo single". Did she ever even officially announce it as the real "first single" of the album?