Fluorine

Charli XCX

I don’t know enough about sam smith to know if they’ll ‘ruin’ the song or anything (and let’s be real snippets aren’t always the best way to tell if a song is good or not, we’ve been through this before) but y’all are acting like someone won’t make an absolutely iconic edit within an hour of the song being released that you can all use instead.

yes she won’t get your $0.003 per stream from Spotify but if the locals love it then she’ll make more money off them. she put sam smith in the speed drive music video to tease a collab so she’s probably trying to make a ‘hit’:oprah3:

I like that one song Sam did with Normani but other than that I think their whole artistry is kinda shit. Other than them being friends with people who cuss out women in the streets and call little girls kinky, which I’m not a big fan of, I also think their music AND whole visual package is just bad. It has nothing to do with them being fat and nonbinary. I respect them for being so openly queer but they’re really allergic to serving. Trying to emulate ballroom music dressed up as the devil in an ill-fitted corset… Terrible. Not everything that’s queer is good! Kinda sad to see cause they do have a lot of potential and not many that look like them get to the position they’re in. Also this whole reaction to this collab is pretty standard for any time Charli collabs with an artist that isn’t a general fav around here lmao. It has nothing to do with being fatphobic and internally homophobic or whatever. Y’all really love the buzzwords :toofunny:. Harry Styles is a skinny straight man and I also think his outfits are ugly! Is me not liking em churning the butter dresses he puts on just a result of my internal homophobia?

Anyways I really don’t care about this song, already wasn’t a fan of the snippet before it was announced Sam would be on it. But y’all are doing a bit tew much! I hope Charli can ride the Unholy wave and at least get a cute hit out if this.

qfrWuBl.png

charli saw that no one gave af about in the city and decided to give us something to talk about 😭 it certainly worked but maybe not as positively as expected. i guess bad press good press is all the same right? anyway here's my 2 cents:

first of all, i need everyone to understand that being a minority does not exempt anyone from being a bad artist, period. someone can be queer and make bad music, these two things are not correlated. lowering your standards and supporting bad music just because the creator is a minority just opens space for mediocrity in art and when you least expect it, everything will be filled with mediocre art from both non-minorities and minorities. i guess this is already happening because the amount of utter SHIT that is filling the charts nowadays is otherworldly, but anyways… that being said, i do think some of the criticism directed towards sam is way too harsh and indeed rooted in prejudice. i, personally, do not fuck with sam smith's music but let's just look at in the city real quick, this song clearly fits more sam's style than it does for charli. if there's anything ruining the song i can assure it's not sam. this song been ruined from the start because it's generic trash. so, sam or no sam feature, it's bad regardless. in the city is already a flop artistically but maybe sam's presence can push it to not be a commercial failure as well. and that's my 2 cents, thanks for coming to my tedtalk :typewriter:

Just because Sam Smith is they/them and fat doesn't mean we're not allowed to dislike their artistic output

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

46 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I like that one song Sam did with Normani but other than that I think their whole artistry is kinda shit. Other than them being friends with people who cuss out women in the streets and call little girls kinky, which I’m not a big fan of, I also think their music AND whole visual package is just bad. It has nothing to do with them being fat and nonbinary. I respect them for being so openly queer but they’re really allergic to serving. Trying to emulate ballroom music dressed up as the devil in an ill-fitted corset… Terrible. Not everything that’s queer is good! Kinda sad to see cause they do have a lot of potential and not many that look like them get to the position they’re in. Also this whole reaction to this collab is pretty standard for any time Charli collabs with an artist that isn’t a general fav around here lmao. It has nothing to do with being fatphobic and internally homophobic or whatever. Y’all really love the buzzwords :toofunny:. Harry Styles is a skinny straight man and I also think his outfits are ugly! Is me not liking em churning the butter dresses he puts on just a result of my internal homophobia?

Anyways I really don’t care about this song, already wasn’t a fan of the snippet before it was announced Sam would be on it. But y’all are doing a bit tew much! I hope Charli can ride the Unholy wave and at least get a cute hit out if this.

7 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Just because Sam Smith is they/them and fat doesn't mean we're not allowed to dislike their artistic output

i thank y’all for putting it into words i couldn’t find :kiss3:

36 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

the daily dreamer (compound version) streamings have begun i had to smile

Why does it even say “Compound Version”? Wasn’t it not there before?

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

While I had my slight (but not that serious) beef with the song having a feature, I just wanna emphasize…

“I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD FIND IT, BUT I FOUND WHAT I WAS LOOKING FORRR…..” 

:squidward:

“IN THA CITY.. IN THE DARK.. IN THA CITY.. IN THE DARK..”

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952r2v9qtwszsp270fps5

We are in for more XCX-cellence!

some of y’all missed the point. obviously, if the shoe doesn’t fit, then then it doesn’t fit, but the point is not to brush off the very real homophobic, transphobic, and fatphobic backlash that sam has been receiving over just existing as a public person, (which goes hand in hand with the ongoing conservative gay and trans panic) and to recognize that some of that vitriol also comes from a lot of other queers, which is unfortunate.

no one on this thread has said that you can’t criticize their artistry because of they’re part of a “minority” or whatever, so I don’t understand where all of that came from.

38 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

:bye:

girl go back to ranking charli’s albums since clearly those are the only kinds of discussions you’re interested in having :awkney2:

anyways… speed drive!!! in my city!!! YAWS!!!