Fluorine

Charli XCX

2 minutes ago, juiced froot said:

girl go back to ranking charli’s albums since clearly those are the only kinds of discussions you’re interested in having :awkney2:

anyways… speed drive!!! in my city!!! YAWS!!!

yes, let’s stay on topic in a charli xcx thread babes!!

5 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

yes, let’s stay on topic in a charli xcx thread babes!!

yesssss, let’s stop talking about the person who cameoed on her last video, and is currently featured on her upcoming song!!!! :toofloppy:

10 minutes ago, juiced froot said:

yesssss, let’s stop talking about the person who cameoed on her last video, and is currently featured on her upcoming song!!!! :toofloppy:

Yesssss, let’s continue the endless debate about the homophobia, transphobia and fatphobia an artist charli collaborates with happens to experience, just because people expressed their dislike about that artist!! :flutter:

11 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

Yesssss, let’s continue the endless debate about the homophobia, transphobia and fatphobia an artist charli collaborates with happens to experience, just because people expressed their dislike about that artist!! :flutter:

if you don’t care about those issues, that’s on you babes! I’m over that conversation, but since you wanna keep bringing it up then we can go back and forth forever about it. you can go back inside your little echo chamber and kiki all day now if you’d like.

3 minutes ago, juiced froot said:

if you don’t care about those issues, that’s on you babes! I’m over that conversation, but since you wanna keep bringing it up then we can go back and forth forever about it. you can go back inside your little echo chamber and kiki all day now if you’d like.

girl the conversation ended and then you came in with the “some of y’all missed the point.”

but let’s stop the useless fighting anyways what’s your favorite xcx song?

7 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

girl the conversation ended and then you came in with the “some of y’all missed the point.”

but let’s stop the useless fighting anyways what’s your favorite xcx song?

I only posted that cause I felt like my point was being misunderstood… but I swear it’s nothing personal girl, sorry for coming for you like that. anyways visions :diva:

17 minutes ago, juiced froot said:

I only posted that cause I felt like my point was being misunderstood… but I swear it’s nothing personal girl, sorry for coming for you like that. anyways visions :diva:

sorry too and visions is literal art  :true:

3 hours ago, juiced froot said:

no one on this thread has said that you can’t criticize their artistry because of they’re part of a “minority” or whatever, so I don’t understand where all of that came from.

I'll draw the map: nobody came in here and went "Ew, this fat queer person is gonna be on here. Can they not?"

It was, to paraphrase, "I don't vibe with their content. I don't care for their music. Their general aesthetic rn just ain't it."

Then several people jumped the shark with "Well, all your dislike of them is just *phobia", dismissing criticism AND slapping a very hefty label on people and their opinions, some of which, sure, might be coming from a nasty place, but for others, could be coming from a much more nuanced place. Throwing that out there is going to get people prickly.

Then, we have comments then take another leap and introduce the angles of how Sam has (and I DO agree with this part) unfairly been targeted by the media and harassed, and how there's very much some "trans panic" amongst right wing groups in western politics right now. When you take that into context with other statements made that more or less boil down to "shut up and enjoy the music", it starts to beat around the bush and indirectly imply this notion that we should lay off any Sam Smith criticism/dislike/expressing anything negative, solely because of their status/visibility in society and what they've already gone through thus far. I agree that dog piling, especially if it's coming from a place of pure hate, is shitty, but that's also one of the things that comes with the territory of being in the public eye. There's going to be points where the media and GP have an opinion, but just because different kinds of criticism are being lobbed over the fence, does NOT mean that they're all actually just coming from the same mean-spirited or hateful place. To dismiss them all as such, also starts to roundabout say that the *only* possible thing an artist could be critiqued for, is the most visible (and marginalized) parts of themselves, and that kicks off a whole n'other cycle of discourse.

Also, clearly I'm a liar, because this didn't last.

15 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

I'mma be silent on this note now.

AND, to bring this back around to keeping it Charli related to a degree, I liked the snippet. *To me*, and looking solely at Sam's singing and vocals - I feel like it's an odd collab. I could see Sam x Adele, or maybe even Ariana or Jessie Ware - Sam seems to lean up against songs that are a lot more ballady,  slower, and a little more emotional. Sure Sam's been on some dance tracks and club bops, but that doesn't mean much to me because that doesn't really appear to be their "home base" of sonics. I feel like a pairing with the woman who's got songs admitting her cheating, talking about partying and drugs and going hard - it clashes a bit when Sam's singing songs that downplay or chastise some of those topics or the 'aura' around them. At least, to me.

That being said, artists are also allowed to do about-faces. They're allowed to collab and change their minds and shake up their sound. You don't discover new shit without smacking existing shit together and seeing how well it sticks (or doesn't).

Charli clearly wanted to work with Sam, they're both teasing the song, so like, happy and excited for them both. I'm not personally a huge Sam Smith Enjoyer™, however there's a few songs I do like them on, a few song's they've written that I do enjoy as well. I just think it's an odd collab in terms of energy and style.

And, when the song is out, and I've given it some good listens, my opinion changes, then I'll eat my words and be left going "Damn, I was unnecessarily critical for no reason. I was an ass."

EDIT: I didn't even notice the extra page of discourse after the original comment my bad for keeping the topic rolling. Um.

Someone fucking leak Spring Breakers thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

I'll contribute to the topic reset umm.

Let's all enjoy what stan Twitter and gossip does for us.

We've got the whoops.

Spoiler

https://pagesix.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2021/11/charlie-xcx-53.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

There's the big boobs:

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/mmy632E.jpg

And then there's the even bigger milkers.

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/E6TlkUn.jpg

There. A titpost shitpost for the consideration.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

Tbh for me I just hate Sam Smith's horrible voice, and the fact that they were 100% sure they were the first gay person to ever win an Oscar like....I'll pass thanks. 

17 hours ago, XCX Archivist said:

bitches act like only the str8s can have homophobic attitudes

but fr also i think a lot of yall just hate sam cuz they started their career with songs like stay with me which is just ultimate white mom music lets be real

Charli's been a fan

and she's this close to being a white biracial mom

anyways i was thinking the other day how shook i was when Blondie released gravity

7 hours ago, juiced froot said:

some of y’all missed the point. obviously, if the shoe doesn’t fit, then then it doesn’t fit, but the point is not to brush off the very real homophobic, transphobic, and fatphobic backlash that sam has been receiving over just existing as a public person, (which goes hand in hand with the ongoing conservative gay and trans panic) and to recognize that some of that vitriol also comes from a lot of other queers, which is unfortunate.

no one on this thread has said that you can’t criticize their artistry because of they’re part of a “minority” or whatever, so I don’t understand where all of that came from.

But Sam is actually responsible for that backlash so I'm not gonna feel bad... he chose to become a provocateur to draw more attention to himself, to get people talking, to be walking clickbait. His team chose this route for him knowing exactly what would happen, hate is attention and attention is a currency. And this is why Charli is working with him, cuz look at how we're all talking about it. She wants a piece