Fluorine

Charli XCX

Listening to Girl and i just feel bad. Like this song sounds like something that's eaten away at Charli and I can relate about it.

1 minute ago, lonely lonely night said:

who is it about??

Supposedly about Lorde, some people have said it could potentially be about Marina. I have a feeling it's mostly about Lorde but also a bit about Marina & Rina as well

22 minutes ago, Raupeka said:

Supposedly about Lorde, some people have said it could potentially be about Marina. I have a feeling it's mostly about Lorde but also a bit about Marina & Rina as well

i feel like rina would make the most sense given recent events but the lyric about having the same hair seems pretty specific to lorde, i've always kind of suspected they weren't very close and that the comparisons kind of bothered them both so that checks out. marina especially seems like such a random person to write about, i assumed charli didn't really care all that much about their falling out but i was surprised when she addressed it pretty recently and said she was hurt by it so that makes sense too. i wonder if it could be about twigs as well but i guess they've never really had a relationship

12 hours ago, 1000p13nkballoons said:

GIRL IS SUCH A NICE SONG!!!! just adding my thoughts to the “girl” leak. seeing as charli has posted two different lyrics from this song as captions on 360brat i think its safe to assume this is going to be included in her next album and is what i see as one of the first sonic previews we’ve heard from the next era. i think it fits in with the minimalist pop she’s been tweeting about in a really good way!! i was scared about what she’s been referencing and if i’d like it but i’m really surprised. does anyone else think it sounds so fresh and new??? i love the wordy almost sloppy lyrics and the way charli sings them. it almost sounds like early scene music/ kesha. while the production is minimal and controlled everything is sharp and hits hard and mixed with the diaristic talk-rappy verses its so <3333333333333 i think this sounds like an mix between true romance, pop 2, and 2008. it sounds like the words “massive cunt” come to life. ive seen charli talk about wanting to revisit some of her early clubbing days and ideas with this next album and it really hits the mark in my opinion. feelings/ ideas evoked by the song: british, vodka shots, bitchy, skins uk, neon pink, electro pop, shiny, high voltage, real, confessional, free, chav (nonderogatory), present-meets-past. i’m really excited to hear what the whole album will sound like. can everyone else share some thoughts pleeeasssseeeeeeee!!!! 

YUUUUP YOU GET ITTTTT!!! I really love the almost spoken word/storytelling style of lyrics (she said that before i think, metaphors are out, singing like youre talking to your friends in) and i love the honesty of the song and how she expresses very complicated feelings! no sugarcoating. and its very relatable! and such a bop! im very optimistic. 

35 minutes ago, junho1015 said:

Yes yes this!

For the new album! So recent.

Make you mine wasn‘t for XCX6. She said none of the songs from ags set are 

2 minutes ago, reflecting said:

YUUUUP YOU GET ITTTTT!!! I really love the almost spoken word/storytelling style of lyrics (she said that before i think, metaphors are out, singing like youre talking to your friends in) and i love the honesty of the song and how she expresses very complicated feelings! no sugarcoating. and its very relatable! and such a bop! im very optimistic. 

Make you mine wasn‘t for XCX6. She said none of the songs from ags set are 

she just mean they weren’t going to be released. they’re from the post-crash/xcx6 sessions

1 minute ago, problematique said:

she just mean they weren’t going to be released. they’re from the post-crash/xcx6 sessions

Well yes but i doubt itll be on the album thats all