Fluorine

Charli XCX

Primavera is in June and when they dropped the Primavera lineup and there was a bit that said "Charli XCX presenting her new era" 

I fear June is the absolute EARLIERST this album will drop

:bebe:

On 2/12/2024 at 9:49 AM, twitter said:

she did a listening party with fans in 2018 where she played "1999" four months before release. But that was also 16 months before self-titled.... 

So XCX6 is either coming this June or May 2025 :awkney:

Spoiler

Atlantic can rot

4 minutes ago, twitter said:

Primavera is in June and when they dropped the Primavera lineup and there was a bit that said "Charli XCX presenting her new era" 

I fear June is the absolute EARLIERST this album will drop

:bebe:

Hide contents

Atlantic can rot

that wasn’t even for Charli it was for the other droplets no?

i believe this fuckass rollout has something to do with delayed vinyl pressings, there's really no logic reason behind all the teasing and waiting besides that

45 minutes ago, Mary Jane Holland V said:

Having Snippets shared on TikTok by her is a completely different thing from having a bunch (god knows how many) of FULL songs played at a live show

I just refuse to listen to it. 

is that not what she did with XCX world tho?

whoever is assuming charli been a marketing genius is so incorrect. Self-titled was the only slightly successful rollout 

12 minutes ago, jumpropesparklequeen said:

that wasn’t even for Charli it was for the other droplets no?

Maybe you're right. I know No Angel + GNO had leaked before she decided to release them, so maybe the listening party in 2018 was just the other droplet singles. 

7 minutes ago, details said:

i believe this fuckass rollout has something to do with delayed vinyl pressings, there's really no logic reason behind all the teasing and waiting besides that

Maybe... the physicals is what helped Crash to chart. I read vinyl production right now is about a 3-5 month wait period. So that timeline checks out 

not trying to be a bitch or dramatic but i’m genuinely not excited anymore.

the hype has died down and bc of the snippets im pretty done with it. it simply takes too long especially knowing the vibe of this era + this song AND album is done already 

1 hour ago, details said:

i hate the fact that people decided to revive such a boring human artifact like vinyls like??? Its fucking expensive to produce/buy it takes aaaages to have a decent amount for first week sales and make artists delay and rethink all the promo rollout… it doesnt make sense to me + the fact ppl buy only to store them in wardrobes/shelves and listen once or worse (resell for lunatic prices).

stick to cd-rom its (sound quality wise) better and u can still use them in the majority of your computers/cars/stereos.

death to all of them

27 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

good ones had a full month from announcement to release but idk, something about it felt better compared to this………

We had a release date announced before that month-long wait. This time we had a presave link with no release date confirmed until today. It’s worse for sure.

I dont know why anyone actually thought she was going to surprise drop an album... none of the labels are letting artists do this right now.

Every artist is being forced to post the snippet in tiktoks over and over again for weeks to "build hype". I feel like I've heard lil nas x's new song a zillion times and its not even out, I dont even know the name of it. Its ridiculous but yeah they are going to draw out this release for months.

I do think this is going to be a great album from Charli although personally I find the visuals a bit lacking so far. 

It seems like she really made exactly what her fans have been asking for. More polished than HIFN but less commercial safe than Crash its exactly in that lane that I want from Charli songs.

That being said I'm tired of hearing the von dutch snippet and just want it to be released and done with so we can get more snippets of the other tracks.

15 minutes ago, slayyyngel said:

I dont know why anyone actually thought she was going to surprise drop an album... none of the labels are letting artists do this right now.

Every artist is being forced to post the snippet in tiktoks over and over again for weeks to "build hype". I feel like I've heard lil nas x's new song a zillion times and its not even out, I dont even know the name of it. Its ridiculous but yeah they are going to draw out this release for months.

I do think this is going to be a great album from Charli although personally I find the visuals a bit lacking so far. 

It seems like she really made exactly what her fans have been asking for. More polished than HIFN but less commercial safe than Crash its exactly in that lane that I want from Charli songs.

That being said I'm tired of hearing the von dutch snippet and just want it to be released and done with so we can get more snippets of the other tracks.

I agree, posting the chorus was a mistake, we basically know what the whole song sounds like and it lost major hype a month in. Kinda just looking forward to a SPRING BREAKERS LEAK at this point 

18 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

We had a release date announced before that month-long wait. This time we had a presave link with no release date confirmed until today. It’s worse for sure.

also it leaked in full like 2 weeks before its release lmfao

I'm just going to pretend that the era didn't start until this week. The prior teasing has been erased from my memory. :trisha3:

XCX6 era started with The Face photoshoot and interview and then she announced the lead single the next day! :xgiggle:

54 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

i hate the fact that people decided to revive such a boring human artifact like vinyls like??? Its fucking expensive to produce/buy it takes aaaages to have a decent amount for first week sales and make artists delay and rethink all the promo rollout… it doesnt make sense to me + the fact ppl buy only to store them in wardrobes/shelves and listen once or worse (resell for lunatic prices).

stick to cd-rom its (sound quality wise) better and u can still use them in the majority of your computers/cars/stereos.

death to all of them

but there's one thing we can't deny… it looks bomb on a wall tho :ma:

Between her last tweet and her insta caption 2 weeks ago "so over posting this shit", I just know Charli hates this long rollout too... that's why she would lie to Atlantic about releasing some albums as mixtapes just to avoid all this. But that's kind of the compromise she has to make... Get music to the fans QUICK, but have minimal-to-no financial support from her label. Or play their analytics game and have a full fleshed out era. 

ooo the new snippet blaring in my earbuds... fuck this song is some good shit :beyonce: the wait is annoying yeah but it'll hopefully pick up once the singles out and she can move on to visuals and the album announcements :bop: and once the albums out the wait will become a distant memory we look back on to laugh and say "wE wERe iN tHe TrEnCheS" 

at least it hasn't leaked 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif