Fluorine

Charli XCX

7 hours ago, Lipgloss Twink said:

Make the brat "logo" slightly off center, add some splotches or crinkles to it to make it look like a forgotten flyer in a puddle.

:tiffany:

Jenny's got a new boyfriend

Boyfriend

And he's really hot!

Jenny's got a new boyfriend

New boyfriend

Yeah

Oh yeah!

:diva:

57 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

So we're back to her trashing her previous album? :toofloppy:

That’s really not what she said at all I think? 😭 She just said that she was super dedicated to that sell out persona but that’s really what we knew from the day one

The one “bad” thing she said about Crash lately was that she would never listen to songs like Yuck on her own but I agree that song is trash lmfao

14 hours ago, Lipgloss Twink said:

I find this funny, because I don't feel like she committed enough to that ugly hatecrime of a cover. If she wanted to commit to this dadaist abstraction of art, go all the way, why are you on the inside of the sleeve, why are you on the single cover? Make the brat "logo" slightly off center, add some splotches or crinkles to it to make it look like a forgotten flyer in a puddle.

I also fail to see the distinction between this as art and trolling, because I don't see the meaning it is meant to represent. Or is anything art nowadays if it reaches a big enough audience and illicits a response?

Disagree. The whole point of the cover is that its supposed to convey low effort. Purposefully putting all of these details into it to force a "careless" aesthetic is infact the opposite, its really tryhard.

Although yes I do think its funny she has an entire glamor photoshoot inside the vinyl and even picture discs its like she feels she needs to "make up for" the cover being basic to make the vinyl "worth it" which defeats the purpose. But really, at the end of the day, this is a product: a club record. So maybe the 'story' and 'vibe' of the record is that careless aesthetic but its very clear everything is methodical so just let the cover influence the fantasy and not take it seriously, imo.

really can't wait for 2 versions of von dutch to leak in 3.5 years, one with an actual 2nd verse and one with a brige

55 minutes ago, Raupeka said:

really can't wait for 2 versions of von dutch to leak in 3.5 years, one with an actual 2nd verse and one with a brige

The released version is actually longer than the demos. :lmao:

1 hour ago, Sis said:

The released version is actually longer than the demos. :lmao:

ijbol 1 verse and a bridge

love u sis

She didn’t diss crash here but she has implied mutiple times that she has disowned the material on that record.

It’s quite apparent that she dislikes it- from saying that she isn’t as bored of brat as she was with prior records to saying she doesn’t want to make an album in that way again- it all just seems like a coverup to say she hated it

For what it’s worth I think crash will end up fairing better in the longer term when people see her albums- if von Dutch is any indication.

What makes this all funnier is that she kept going on about crash being so cohesive and her best record upon release- then she got dislike and went with that as her opinion. I think shes very swayed by acclaim which makes sense as pop2 is her favourite.

5 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

What makes this all funnier is that she kept going on about crash being so cohesive and her best record upon release- then she got dislike and went with that as her opinion. I think shes very swayed by acclaim which makes sense as pop2 is her favourite.

i dont think she ever said crash was her best record tbh?

1 hour ago, venicebitch said:

i dont think she ever said crash was her best record tbh?

She said it mutiple times- the only one I can outright find is when she said it was the best album you’ll ever listen to - which in itself would imply it’s better than prior material 

https://www.facebook.com/CharliXCX/videos/673649887384735/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

18 hours ago, rollwithme said:

Mods pls we really do need a simple Charli theme because I’m so tired of the busy Lana ones (no offense) - plus this one u don’t even have to commit to having someone who isn’t Lana being pictured in the theme

THIS 

and also the current Lana one takes ages to load causing the page to freeze sometimes -_-

or maybe think about putting a little box or outline around all text. It doesn't really matter that I can't see the creation date but I think I deserve to see how many pages there are, which is incredibly hard with the grey on the busy background.

10 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

She said it mutiple times- the only one I can outright find is when she said it was the best album you’ll ever listen to - which in itself would imply it’s better than prior material 

https://www.facebook.com/CharliXCX/videos/673649887384735/?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

Idk I wouldn’t take it so literally especially from a fun promotional video of her unboxing her vinyl. Its something like an expression of her saying she’s the best popstar of all the time which she obviously says in an unserious way.

1 hour ago, rollwithme said:

I’m so excited for the second single it feels like the sky is the limit because Von Dutch is so good and the video just really set the mood for the brat visuals in such a dark and cool way.

fr. I even tho I do not think that it's really possible I needs the single to be announced (or even out) before the end of March. yeah I know I'm ungrateful but at the end of a day that's what a brat should be like