Fluorine

Charli XCX

6 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

Just curious - is that *always* a guarantee though? Couldn't some people and producers be using old versions (I know I myself am using a 5 year old copy of Ableton)? Is there an export date hidden in the metadata that might be more reliable?

Based on the sound of those tracks they seem more like they were made in between Charli & HIFN. Or in between Charli & maybe early Crash, since that was the plan before the pandemic.

2 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

Just curious - is that *always* a guarantee though? Couldn't some people and producers be using old versions (I know I myself am using a 5 year old copy of Ableton)? Is there an export date hidden in the metadata that might be more reliable?

You're right, because that alone is far from a guarantee and should not be used to "prove" the songs were created in 2018. It only confirms that the files were exported during or after that year. 

I know many music producers that still use older versions of Logic Pro, iTunes, etc. I'm not a music producer so IDK if this is a good example but I always slack on updating my own apps and devices lel 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

basically all what Coloringbooks said but to answer the last question if the song is an mp3 then unfortunately encoding data is the best way to figure out a timeframe for a song, m4a and wav (others too) keep their export date but rarely mp3s once they’ve been sent from place to place. 

and then, if we’re being pedantic, export date still isn’t 100%. songs can be created but not actually exported until a later date if Charli reconsiders the song. all we can ever really have is a rough estimate. 

metadata2go is a really good site if you want to try running some mp3s through, but try and find the original files and not ones you’ve edited. 

12 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

basically all what Coloringbooks said but to answer the last question if the song is an mp3 then unfortunately encoding data is the best way to figure out a timeframe for a song, m4a and wav (others too) keep their export data but rarely mp3s once they’ve been sent from place to place. 

and then, if we’re being pedantic, export data still isn’t 100%. songs can be created but not actually exported until a later date if Charli reconsiders the song. all we can ever really have is a rough estimate. 

metadata2go is a really good site if you want to try running some mp3s through, but try and find the original files and not ones you’ve edited. 

1 hour ago, Coloringbooks said:

You're right, because that alone is far from a guarantee and should not be used to "prove" the songs were created in 2018. It only confirms that the files were exported during or after that year. 

I know many music producers that still use older versions of Logic Pro, iTunes, etc. I'm not a music producer so IDK if this is a good example but I always slack on updating my own apps and devices lel 

I was gonna say - I've heard of producers and folks in certain areas of A/V using older versions of software because of plugin compatibility, or they are "stuck" on a particular version of software due to it being a really reliable and "stable" version, and if they'd upgrade there's risk of bugs or known compatibility issues with their hardware or other tools/plugins. Sometimes the stuff they are using is air-gapped and not connected to anything online for security reasons, so things are outdated, or some folks just don't want to shell out the money for new software or new licenses, or they used a friend's home studio that wasn't entirely up to date, etc. etc. Plenty of reasons.

The version definitely sets a line in the sand that says "this totally wasn't exported/created BEFORE this minimum date". I think the version of the software taken with an export date is really the key.

That being said, I also wouldn't put it past people to fuck around. People upload shit all over the internet and re-encode it to lower quality, tag the fucking hell out of it, etc. etc. I wouldn't put it past people to edit metadata to fuck around with people either.

Idk. Someone with more knowledge and insight feel free to correct me.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

Speaking about LA and Only 1 I Love, likely Charli, maybe HIFN. Dylan Brady has not produced a single song on Crash, or any of the leaks we've had regarding the era. While it is pretty tame by Dylan standards, I think it's too out there for Crash, they feel like Unlock It or Warm, poppy songs that would stand out too much on a pop album.

Also if we really want to know we can look at the metadata of other songs and leaks produced by him since 2018. I'm not going to, it sounds very Charli to me.

4 minutes ago, Chorli Xbox said:

i hope she’ll make a track 10 like song with caroline polachek in the next era 

No track 11 on her own and then Caroline features on an amazing remix of the track. This shit is never gonna happen

10 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I hope we get more midtempo songs like Move Me on this album, i prefer her sadder songs

That’s not midtemp it’s pretty fast, just more chill and atmosphereical 

bpm is 140, a lovely song 

have we ever discussed that Charli has never missed when it comes to naming an album?

True Romance

Sucker

Number 1 Angel

Pop 2

Charli

how i’m feeling now

Crash

Brat

they're all so effortlessly cool for the most part. I was honestly not feeling HIFN when it was first announced but once the artwork and songs all came together it clicked for me.

Brat is a welcome addition to the family 🤝

4 hours ago, Nigel Hitch said:

so this is real or nah https://dbree.org/v/5c7f5d :biblio:

This

the EASYFUN Blink one

Come With Me

and Direction

are all fake and made with AI.

im even convinced the Barbie girl leak we have is AI. 

20 minutes ago, Galactic said:

That’s not midtemp it’s pretty fast, just more chill and atmosphereical 

bpm is 140, a lovely song 

Oh boo hoo you know what she meant Galactic!!!  :brigitte: