Fluorine

Charli XCX

1 hour ago, Galactic said:

Can’t wait till Charli stops caring about what critics say

for someone who allegedly Does Not Give A Fuck, she seems to give a fuck about what literally Everyone thinks 😭😭😭

i love her but she very clearly gets caught up on what critics/deaf gay men on forums say about her like... if any music magazine made an article about how break the rules is amazing shed start claiming it all of a sudden. she was right tho when she said that entire thing about being a brat means that youre also lowkey insecure...

5 hours ago, slayyyngel said:

I certainly think there is a better way to approach "being right" then... whatever the hell shes doing on twitter.

If you are going to make a purposefully low effort album cover to display how much you dont give a fuck I think the first step would be.... to not give a fuck.

This is the girl that told journalists to piss off about fans wanting her to sign enemas and their grandma's ashes and suddenly she's the preacher of "womens agency" or whatever because some twinks didn't like her ms paint album cover that she spent way too much money paying a creative agency to make. 

I just wish she practiced what she preached. If she wants to serve "low effort I dont give a fuck what people think and say" then dear fucking god PLEASE do that and stop being insufferable trying to gather virtue signaling think-piece likes on twitter and just drop your music and let it speak for itself.

:oprah6:

1 hour ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Dumb question but is it really true people aren’t buying the album/vinyl bc of the cover?? Lol

atlantic must be fuming rn

Oh I'm def waiting to see if there will be alt covers cause this one aint it :toofloppy:

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Everyone is taking these tweets really seriously, and I'm like 95% percent sure it's a stunt. From the era kicking off with a list of ridiculous PR tactics she should try, to the tiktok of someone bashing her head against a sink because she's "tweeting" again that's posted days before she tweets this.

If the album rollout is going to be long, she needs ways to keep her name in the conversation, and sharing a series of "hot takes" that centers around her album cover, where every post is getting 1.5 million views within a few hours is a pretty smart way to do that. I think Charli can be a lot, but I also think she's a bit more self aware than most people assume.

People put too much stock into "will this controversy hurt her?" when controversy is currency in today's music landscape, especially when most of today's audience has the attention span of a goldfish. By the time the album comes out it'll end up being "She's a bit cringe/annoying but the album slaps", etc. 

1 minute ago, jurijiderkleeee22 said:

Everyone is taking these tweets really seriously, and I'm like 95% percent sure it's a stunt. From the era kicking off with a list of ridiculous PR tactics she should try, to the tiktok of someone bashing her head against a sink because she's "tweeting" again that's posted days before she tweets this.

If the album rollout is going to be long, she needs ways to keep her name in the conversation, and sharing a series of "hot takes" that centers around her album cover, where every post is getting 1.5 million views within a few hours is a pretty smart way to do that. I think Charli can be a lot, but I also think she's a bit more self aware than most people assume.

People put too much stock into "will this controversy hurt her?" when controversy is currency in today's music landscape, especially when most of today's audience has the attention span of a goldfish. By the time the album comes out it'll end up being "She's a bit cringe/annoying but the album slaps", etc. 

oh it's a stunt, just not a very good nor entertaining one :brigitte: 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 hours ago, brandon said:

for someone who allegedly Does Not Give A Fuck, she seems to give a fuck about what literally Everyone thinks 😭😭😭

she's such a leo ijbol

I know this is gonna upset some ppl but…. Crash (standard) might be her most cringe album cover. The angle makes her head look 10x too big compared to her body and her pose is way too serious for how polished and clean she looks with the setting

the Crash (Deluxe) cover fixes all of those issues and is compositionally much more visual pleasing imo (and I remember one of the biggest complaints here was that the deluxe wasn’t “pretty” because of all the blood lol)

20 minutes ago, rollwithme said:

I know this is gonna upset some ppl but…. Crash (standard) might be her most cringe album cover. The angle makes her head look 10x too big compared to her body and her pose is way too serious for how polished and clean she looks with the setting

the Crash (Deluxe) cover fixes all of those issues and is compositionally much more visual pleasing imo (and I remember one of the biggest complaints here was that the deluxe wasn’t “pretty” because of all the blood lol)

tbh i think the only gripe i have with the deluxe cover is her hair fjdhdjdh

also i do prefer the blue in the standard

but other than that i like both pretty equally  

8 minutes ago, brandon said:

her story on 360brat LMAOOO i fear it is not a stunt she’s being dead serious 

It clearly wasn’t a stunt from the beginning lol she always takes criticism incredibly hard

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

It clearly wasn’t a stunt from the beginning lol she always takes criticism incredibly hard

i mean iiii knew that, but it seems like others here were definitely on the “its a stunt!” train 

2 hours ago, rollwithme said:

My issue with the deluxe cover is the missing crack on the windshield

negAbhB.png