Fluorine

Charli XCX

Club classics remix pack this week? next week?

club classics / Rush mashup from the tour teaser sounds like it could be released unironically to promote the tour. I liked the audio from that teaser a lot.

And maybe we get the first release from the Boiler Room set with the George Daniel remix? Cc nrg?

I'm gonna be contrarian today, but this demand for artists to CONSTANTLY output and keep all lines of communications saturated is a bit unrealistic.

• put out a single
  • okay great, now in like 3 days gimme the remix
  • wig now where's the MV?
  • okay why is your twitter and IG silent? post something omg.
  • okay yay a tour but like, more dates??
  • where's the next single teaser??
  • you gonna do any radio show or podcast appearances??
  • album announcement, okay yay but will there be a deluxe?
  • hello your tiktok is floptop rn
  • next single???
  • there's a festival this summer you gonna be in it??
  • IG hasn't had a post in 3 days come on queen you're flopping here
  • hellooo next single???????????????????????????

Like....y'all ever sit and wonder how ever did MJ and Madonna conquer the globe of pop stardom in the 80s and 90s? They weren't shelling out constant media and updates daily, and we still got there.

Edit: I think we as a society and culture have attributed "noise" = "doing the work". I think people sometimes go "oh look, person is posting this, promoting that, serving looks, putting out material. They must be doing good and successful!!!" - I think people sometimes see near-constant activity as something of merit and prescribe value to artists and bodies of work based on that factor, but also like....we're over here lobbying for 6 hours a day/4 day work weeks, no emails after 5PM, and a month of PTO time off as standard labor practice. Celebs and artists should get the same considerations, ya feel?

We will be okay with periods of silence. Our boredom is a sign that we, ourselves, are boring. It is time we touch grass and be patient.

:diva:

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

....okay wig now that the moment of my contrarianism has passed, Charlotte sweetie I'm waiting for something riveting today please break me off a crumb of something good or else :teehee:

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png

I love that we have diverse opinions here. :wub:

Scrolling the Charli reddit and reading the thread on BIOYL vs. Track 10 and like....

I don't think the folks in that thread don't really get who or what they're worshipping sometimes. I've noticed in general there's two camps of Angels. There's people who like Charli XCX, and then there's people who like Trapli XCX, and I've found that Reddit tends to culturally homogenize around the latter. Like anything that isn't Pop2/HIFN or anything that isn't remotely in the camp of hyperpop is just thrown right into the dumpster.

So myopic.

21 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

I love that we have diverse opinions here. :wub:

Scrolling the Charli reddit and reading the thread on BIOYL vs. Track 10 and like....

I don't think the folks in that thread don't really get who or what they're worshipping sometimes. I've noticed in general there's two camps of Angels. There's people who like Charli XCX, and then there's people who like Trapli XCX, and I've found that Reddit tends to culturally homogenize around the latter. Like anything that isn't Pop2/HIFN or anything that isn't remotely in the camp of hyperpop is just thrown right into the dumpster.

So myopic.

Growing up is realizing Track 10 / BIOYL discourse is futile. They both represent the dichotomy of the social experiment that is Charli XCX's music discography. :true:

They're both amazing, important, and iconic! :oprah6:

1 hour ago, AtomicMess said:

I'm gonna be contrarian today, but this demand for artists to CONSTANTLY output and keep all lines of communications saturated is a bit unrealistic.

• put out a single
  • okay great, now in like 3 days gimme the remix
  • wig now where's the MV?
  • okay why is your twitter and IG silent? post something omg.
  • okay yay a tour but like, more dates??
  • where's the next single teaser??
  • you gonna do any radio show or podcast appearances??
  • album announcement, okay yay but will there be a deluxe?
  • hello your tiktok is floptop rn
  • next single???
  • there's a festival this summer you gonna be in it??
  • IG hasn't had a post in 3 days come on queen you're flopping here
  • hellooo next single???????????????????????????

Like....y'all ever sit and wonder how ever did MJ and Madonna conquer the globe of pop stardom in the 80s and 90s? They weren't shelling out constant media and updates daily, and we still got there.

Edit: I think we as a society and culture have attributed "noise" = "doing the work". I think people sometimes go "oh look, person is posting this, promoting that, serving looks, putting out material. They must be doing good and successful!!!" - I think people sometimes see near-constant activity as something of merit and prescribe value to artists and bodies of work based on that factor, but also like....we're over here lobbying for 6 hours a day/4 day work weeks, no emails after 5PM, and a month of PTO time off as standard labor practice. Celebs and artists should get the same considerations, ya feel?

We will be okay with periods of silence. Our boredom is a sign that we, ourselves, are boring. It is time we touch grass and be patient.

:diva:

in response to the MV, it's pretty customary now to drop it alongside the song release. if you wait to long the hype will die

...aaaaand this is all because ( and my response to your second part) because of the internet and immediate access to anything and everything (aka instant gratification). MJ and Madonna weren't shelling out constant media because it wasn't possible.

These younger fans who grew up with the internet dont know what it's like to truly wait for something, media wise. They never experienced a real "true" album roll out that existed pre-social media. Hell, I still remember when most music was released on a Sunday or Tuesday night, before Friday at 12AM was the global release standard.

negAbhB.png

Contrarian hot takes? Ok mine is that  

Spoiler

CRASH (still) slaps like crazy, but good ones is one of, if not the least enjoyable song on the album. Not in the sense that it’s a bad song, I’m just painfully indifferent towards it. It barely sounds like a Charli song except for the fact that she sings it. It sounds like Charli doing a Marina impression. I am aware that it was a song that was pitched to her, which I have no problem with, & there’s intention behind her picking it as the lead single for the era… but the song itself is not exciting/convincing to me. 

New shapes is a FAR more interesting pop song but really gets the shaft from the online fandom I feel and the SNL performance w/Caroline & Chris getting cancelled because covid was the biggest letdown for me of that era.

Tl;dr: leak new shapes solo demo

3 hours ago, blameitonme said:

if i don’t get a selfie soon im gonna be outside atlantic records screaming and crying 

“So I was looking for that quote where she’s like saying Iconic & a bunch of other stuff, But I couldn’t find it - The sentiment still applies”

:sluttybunny:

IMG-3521.jpg

43 minutes ago, Charli SEX said:

Contrarian hot takes? Ok mine is that  

Hide contents

CRASH (still) slaps like crazy, but good ones is one of, if not the least enjoyable song on the album. Not in the sense that it’s a bad song, I’m just painfully indifferent towards it. It barely sounds like a Charli song except for the fact that she sings it. It sounds like Charli doing a Marina impression. I am aware that it was a song that was pitched to her, which I have no problem with, & there’s intention behind her picking it as the lead single for the era… but the song itself is not exciting/convincing to me. 

New shapes is a FAR more interesting pop song but really gets the shaft from the online fandom I feel and the SNL performance w/Caroline & Chris getting cancelled because covid was the biggest letdown for me of that era.

Tl;dr: leak new shapes solo demo

I understand your take but I vastly disagree- this is a vocal style that dates back to super ultra falsetto and it still sounded like her post 17 voice mostly which isn’t my favourite vocal era but hey.