Fluorine

Charli XCX

Oh wow..... the tour setlist i saw on twitter......

how does charli have LITERALLY HUNDREDS of bops that i would lose my shit to live and she CONTINUES to play:

Boom Clap
Break the Rules
Fancy
I Love It
plus like two extra songs

i really can’t. The GP will never understand her appeal if she keeps doing this, and i’m sure it’s her label saying this is what will sell her. idiots. If she performed the exchange songs every night at the hfk tour for example- she would shake the entire area. Such a mess. I hate this for her.

ANYWAY I’m so excited to meet her and chat though, i have so much to say and so little time with her i’m sure. Want to ask about so many songs and her thoughts on so many things. She means so much to me ugh :(

Especially Break The Rules! She's already professed her hate for that single. 3AM should've totally been a setlist closer tbh, all the ratsey stans would've been converted to Charli stans.

ASJdhkasjfh I'm so jealous that you're going to meet her, I've daydreamed about spending the whole day with her and having a deep conversation about how she truly feels about her career and her label and giving her a stan's insight on what makes her such a special artist. I don't think she realizes just how great of a pop artist she really is.

hi girls I just got activated, thanks for the tracks but where is the justice for round and round??/???
waiting in line behind the holy trinity Taxi Tko and No Angel

I wish there was a masterpost of all of Charli's interviews in chronological order, that would be so nice

Remember when Dr. Luke told Charli she had to lose weight to be a pop star... and then in October of last year she went on a health kick and got skinny? Something about that doesn't sit well with me. Also, does anyone recall Charli's thoughts on True Romance and Sucker before and after their releases? I know she felt like TR wasn't the real her and that she was trying to seem cool (but she recently tweeted that TR is such a good album) and leading up to the release of Sucker, she sounded like she was pleased with the direction the album went in in terms of it's attitude (she even wanted to make Sucker tampons), but now she dislikes it bc it has a lot of frustration and brattiness behind it. I'm just trying to put all the pieces together

Especially Break The Rules! She's already professed her hate for that single. 3AM should've totally been a setlist closer tbh, all the ratsey stans would've been converted to Charli stans.

ASJdhkasjfh I'm so jealous that you're going to meet her, I've daydreamed about spending the whole day with her and having a deep conversation about how she truly feels about her career and her label and giving her a stan's insight on what makes her such a special artist. I don't think she realizes just how great of a pop artist she really is.

waiting in line behind the holy trinity Taxi Tko and No Angel

I wish there was a masterpost of all of Charli's interviews in chronological order, that would be so nice

Remember when Dr. Luke told Charli she had to lose weight to be a pop star... and then in October of last year she went on a health kick and got skinny? Something about that doesn't sit well with me. Also, does anyone recall Charli's thoughts on True Romance and Sucker before and after their releases? I know she felt like TR wasn't the real her and that she was trying to seem cool (but she recently tweeted that TR is such a good album) and leading up to the release of Sucker, she sounded like she was pleased with the direction the album went in in terms of it's attitude (she even wanted to make Sucker tampons), but now she dislikes it bc it has a lot of frustration and brattiness behind it. I'm just trying to put all the pieces together

Regardless of how others hear it etc, she will talk down on it because she doubts herself quite a bit.

Regardless of how others hear it etc, she will talk down on it because she doubts herself quite a bit.

I believe she's just a very tumultuous person; full of ups and downs. Here are some words from her Complex interview

Charli considers herself an awkward person, or at least has felt like one lately. She’s had panic attacks in the studio, during which she’ll start to crawl on or under the equipment. She’s shut down before, emotionally. She’ll quickly cop to feeling self-conscious at existential moments of recognizing her weird, sometimes isolating existence.

When I ask her to elaborate on all of this, she’s already ahead of me. It all just spills out:

“There are days where I can go into a room full of people, talk to every single person, and feel completely at ease, and feel like making every single person laugh, and feel like everyone’s having a great time. There are other times where I go into a room of people and I literally want to run and hide. I want to lock myself in the bathroom and cry, which I’ve done. It’s not because anyone’s saying anything horrible to me. It’s just...people are asking me questions—not even asking me questions about Charli XCX.”

Before I can ask her whom these people are asking her about: “I’ve felt like a schizophrenic person since the beginning of 2014. Sometimes I just shut down and want to stay in bed and cry. Other times I want to get fucked up in the most fun way possible.”

Sorry for how squished-together it is, I had to remove the pink background formatting from the Complex website bc it was an eyesore 

The Sucker era really, really took a toll on Charli. She worked sooo hard and burned out and her label STILL wants to put her through the stress of trying to make XCX3 a commercial hit? I feel so bad for her, it must be the worst feeling in the world to not be able to release your own art AND not be able to tell the truth about how you feel. The shitty cover ups for her label don't work!!

Going from being frustrated at your label for delaying your album the FIRST time and making a mixtape behind their back and having to FIGHT to get it released

Then it's delayed a SECOND time and your feelings are "I just want to make sure it's as good as possible", "2018 is just the best time for me"??

THAT'S NOT THE TRUTH!!!

I think she's gonna burn out again. Singing that shitty setlist for a whole tour with halsey and then doing the same thing with Sia? Absolutely tragic. I'm sure she's sick of 80% of those songs already. 

fffff  I'm frustrated again Charli's in record label hell. In an alternate universe, she'd prosper under a different record label and finally be able to release all the bops into the world. The music industry is so fucking twisted and corrupt and Charli is a perfect example of that. 

Imagine Atlantic loosened up and Charli released the Exchange songs an EP and she dropped a second mixtape before the album's release. That would totally make up for this royal fuck up on Atlantic's behalf but that would never happen.

Didn't she allude to a possible second mixtape before the album earlier this year?

There was also that instagram post a few months ago about having the best label meeting ever ksdvksdfvhj imagine she deletes it lmaoo I'd go bomb atlantic's headquarters 

may i just say although i'm not a fan of the piano, can you hear me is an underrated slammer.

anyways, what's happening with this alleged second mixtape? that seemed like a very possible thing but then charli was all "what mixtape?" on twitter she said something about switching the songs in the setlist for the ashley tour so i'm wondering if she has a release planned  :toofunny:

may i just say although i'm not a fan of the piano, can you hear me is an underrated slammer.

anyways, what's happening with this alleged second mixtape? that seemed like a very possible thing but then charli was all "what mixtape?" on twitter she said something about switching the songs in the setlist for the ashley tour so i'm wondering if she has a release planned  :toofunny:

should be this month if it's happening, according 2 mr google drive xcx

should be this month if it's happening, according 2 mr google drive xcx

do we have anything to suggest there being a mixtape other than mr google drive saying there is? i know people were saying there would be alma and camila cabello features because charli was confirmed to be in the studio with them but i feel like it's more likely she was just helping both of them with their albums; writing and vocals and whatnot.

if party party and i only threw this party for you are the same song then she's probably sitting on a bunch of bops with that album she and a.g. did in the studio in one day. if she were to do a mixtape i feel like she might throw some of those songs on it, why would she perform i only threw this party for you if she wasn't going to release it?  :crossed:  i also feel like if there is a mixtape happening there's going to be a few songs from xcx3 on there that she had to cut from the album because they leaked. bounce for example she seemed excited to eventually put out, and she said somewhere recently that it would be released "soon" so maybe she's putting it out as a mixtape track.

The Sucker era really, really took a toll on Charli. She worked sooo hard and burned out and her label STILL wants to put her through the stress of trying to make XCX3 a commercial hit? I feel so bad for her, it must be the worst feeling in the world to not be able to release your own art AND not be able to tell the truth about how you feel. The shitty cover ups for her label don't work!!

Going from being frustrated at your label for delaying your album the FIRST time and making a mixtape behind their back and having to FIGHT to get it released

Then it's delayed a SECOND time and your feelings are "I just want to make sure it's as good as possible", "2018 is just the best time for me"??

THAT'S NOT THE TRUTH!!!

I think she's gonna burn out again. Singing that shitty setlist for a whole tour with halsey and then doing the same thing with Sia? Absolutely tragic. I'm sure she's sick of 80% of those songs already. 

fffff  I'm frustrated again Charli's in record label hell. In an alternate universe, she'd prosper under a different record label and finally be able to release all the bops into the world. The music industry is so fucking twisted and corrupt and Charli is a perfect example of that. 

Imagine Atlantic loosened up and Charli released the Exchange songs an EP and she dropped a second mixtape before the album's release. That would totally make up for this royal fuck up on Atlantic's behalf but that would never happen.

Didn't she allude to a possible second mixtape before the album earlier this year?

There was also that instagram post a few months ago about having the best label meeting ever ksdvksdfvhj imagine she deletes it lmaoo I'd go bomb atlantic's headquarters

I love your posts, they're so insightful.

yeah, they deleted all the files!

do you have any plans on reuploading them? thankfully i had the chance to download all of them, but i'm sure others want it as well

I'm confused about "only threw this party for you" because it's really not that great a song, from the couple times i've made it all the way through. a. g. played it at the lightning lipgloss event in his set, though, so i guess he likes it...maybe it'll be on a pc release.

also if anyone needs help with specific charli songs, i'm happy to oblige - i think i got them all, aside from some snippets! might take me a few days, but my inbox is open. <3