Fluorine

Charli XCX

Do we actually believe that Taxi was going to be released? Surely if that was the case and she had the authorisation from the label then she would've dropped it in August? Or even as a b-side to Girls Night Out.

i dont get why people think her releasing an album is never going to happen! The only reason she came with that whole albums not being important shit is because atlantic wouldn't let her release XCX 3 and she didnt want to have to keep saying its been delayed again and again and again. :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

I had hope that taxi was going to be released in some form, she would've said it was dead like r&r by now if it was the case, hopefully she has something planned for it because it would be super satisfying to enjoy an official release of it/final version & actually pay for it

I'm still confused about the whole scrapped XCX World concept? Why do people believe the album was scrapped before it was leaked?

After The Afterparty was released in October 2016 with the album to follow in May 2017, correct? The single underperformed and they clearly went on to revise the tracklist, but Charli continued to talk about the record publicly, even performing Bounce (arguably the most experimental track on there) live on TV.

Even around the time of the Exchange show, she confirmed the album was very much a thing, announcing which songs wouldn't be featured and which may be on the track list. Continuing to talk about the album whilst recording and promoting Number 1 Angel - describing them as ying and yang to one another and suggesting that Number 1 Angel was an introduction to the album (at this time I assume songs like Boys and No Angel etc. were being added).

Boys was released as the second (or new lead) single from the record in July, with the release date of September being announced by Charli and her team. And then a full version of the record leaked in August...

When exactly did the label shelve the record pre-leak?

It also doesn't make sense that the label weren't happy with the end product. Vroom Vroom tracks were obviously too experimental for the album, but we've seen now that the artwork and logo design etc. was all finalised late 2016 or early 2017. Surely if the label weren't supportive of the record, they wouldn't have allowed it to go that far ahead?

Also, why would Charli be so upset (even calling out the hackers this year when performing Taxi) that fans got to hear the record if she knew beforehand that it was shelved? Surely she'd be pleased that fans got to hear what she intended to release if the label were trying to stall the release.

i dont get why people think her releasing an album is never going to happen! The only reason she came with that whole albums not being important shit is because atlantic wouldn't let her release XCX 3 and she didnt want to have to keep saying its been delayed again and again and again. :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

plus the fact that she HAS to release albums if she wants to keep up with her contract...

plus the fact that she HAS to release albums if she wants to keep up with her contract...

From what we've seen it seems Atlantic are quite comfortable with her not releasing an "album" as such - that way they get to keep her as an artist and a writer, allowing her to release EPs, mixtapes and singles without fulfilling her contract and ultimately moving on.

I can see why fans are sceptical about an album release, however I think a project of some sort will be released in 2019 to keep momentum going.