Fluorine

Charli XCX

i'm kinda intrigued by this cover being different than the others. i remember A. G. and Charli saying that they love to put little easter eggs about the next project on the current work, like Track 10 being the last track of Pop 2 and Blame It On Your Love being the first single of Charli

2099 is the last track of the album and the cover is not focused of the 3D aesthetic like the previous... i'm really intrigued

i don't think Track 10 was an easter egg, like, to be able to put a easter egg it means you have to have the whole release schedule laid out and with everything Charli has been through I doubt they know exactly what they're doing all of the time 

edit: I mean that with atlantic killing her last project I doubt they're taking the time to put "easter eggs" if they're not 100% the shit they're easter-egging is gonna get green lit 

i'm kinda intrigued by this cover being different than the others. i remember A. G. and Charli saying that they love to put little easter eggs about the next project on the current work, like Track 10 being the last track of Pop 2 and Blame It On Your Love being the first single of Charli

2099 is the last track of the album and the cover is not focused of the 3D aesthetic like the previous... i'm really intrigued

I just assumed it was a nod to Troye’s Bloom single cover and music video with the plastic aesthetic :legend:

She is most likely getting dropped/leaving after this album anyway. I swear her contract will be up? + I can't see her wanting to stay with Atlantic and I can't imagine she's exactly profitable for them apart from the odd hit. I hope she leaves

shes on a 365 deal she cant ever leave

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Also noah fence but LIZ is currently releasing the music Charli is trying to make...........

hmmm no?? LIZ is establishing herself into the y2k aesthetic and bubblegum sound while Charli is taking steps into her ''XCX World'' and stuff like that

two different things, two great works, but i don't see any resemblance on each other lol

She is most likely getting dropped/leaving after this album anyway. I swear her contract will be up? + I can't see her wanting to stay with Atlantic and I can't imagine she's exactly profitable for them apart from the odd hit. I hope she leaves

We really don’t have any reason to believe that her contract is up after this album. I also doubt Atlantic is willing to drop her considering she just penned a #1 single (doesn’t mean they’ll support her though).

I really don’t even blame her label much anymore. Could they be promoting her more? Yes, but she also like refuses to do press so its partly her fault. I can also see her staying with Atlantic because Vroom Vroom is still a subsidy of Warner and staying major label lets her worry less about the business aspects of being an artist, which is the part she hates. While she’d have more freedom being independent, she’d have a lot less resources.

shes on a 365 deal she cant ever leave

We also don’t have any evidence that this is true either

hmmm no?? LIZ is establishing herself into the y2k aesthetic and bubblegum sound while Charli is taking steps into her ''XCX World'' and stuff like that

two different things, two great works, but i don't see any resemblance on each other lol

Imo they're both trying to make the y2k futuristic pop that PC Music has been referencing for years but only one of them is doing it successfully. Their music doesn’t sound identical, but it very clearly occupies the same sounds.Again, just my opinion though.

i don't think Track 10 was an easter egg, like, to be able to put a easter egg it means you have to have the whole release schedule laid out and with everything Charli has been through I doubt they know exactly what they're doing all of the time 

edit: I mean that with atlantic killing her last project I doubt they're taking the time to put "easter eggs" if they're not 100% the shit they're easter-egging is gonna get green lit 

Charli always wanted to release Blame It On Your Love and to think that Track 10 was a hint about that is a cute concept

but yeah, Atlantic is a trainwreck on her career so we're never 100% sure about anything

i love the concept, 1999 being about the nostalgia of past pop songs and 2099 about the future...... and how she took the "charli future of pop music" seriously

I get this but I still feel like its kind of corny because both Troye songs are dates. I agree with the user who said a few pages back who said it should've been called Track 15.

I get this but I still feel like its kind of corny because both Troye songs are dates. I agree with the user who said a few pages back who said it should've been called Track 15.

the only thing i wish she could've done differently is exclude troye sivan from both, twink really gets on my nerves Iv3y9iz.gif

We also don’t have any evidence that this is true either

i was speaking to Dennis privately in august last year where he confirmed a few things, such as the fact that she's on a 365 deal, she was going to quit singing, the reason behind recording Boys etc. it's up to you whether you believe him or not but i see no reason for him to have lied to me.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Imo they're both trying to make the y2k futuristic pop that PC Music has been referencing for years but only one of them is doing it successfully. Their music doesn’t sound identical, but it very clearly occupies the same sounds.Again, just my opinion though.

i get that, it's a good point btw

it's curious to think that Charli and LIZ were aproaching the same aesthetic and sound at the same time and both ended up developing her own images and sound based on that (Charli being more autotune bitch PC-futuristic and LIZ making y2k and bubblegum interesting in 2019)

kinda sad that LIZ was annoyed by the 3D concept of Charli because a collab would be great :crai:

LIZ has some great songs, but I don’t hear that fire in her voice like I do with charli’s.... maybe I’m biased, maybe it’s because Liz is a Pisces & Charli a Leo, or maybe it’s simply because Charli is more passionate about music. :flutter: :toofunny: :rip:

anyway I agree with Vulnicura, Liz’s songs don’t have as much longevity/replay value for me - as much as I loved Diamond in the Dark upon release, it kind of got old fast.

14417469274.gif