Fluorine

Charli XCX

The instrumental of I Got It is so good, I know it was produced by A.G. but it reminds me of SOPHIE's production.

If only it didn`t have Pabllo Vittar on it :toofunny:

it reminds u of sophie because UMRU also produced on the track, he uses a lot of similar textures as sophie does in his production

so is ponyboy r u gonna shove that on her album too?

um no because she actually performed GMYL Live??? 

yes she's obviously lipsyncing, but she also lipsync to Daddy Knows and you're not complaining bout that sooooo

I have a feeling that her "up n down" isn't a mood disorder but is probably a combination of being jaded with the music industry and partying (drinking and doing other drugs) so much. She even talked about how she did so much partying as "research" for her album and towards the end the songs started getting darker and darker. I go to a college in the middle of nowhere where our main-street has more bars than any other businesses, all there is to do is drink, and I know, personally after days on days of going out and drinking, (alcohol being a depressant) eventually it catches up to you and you can feel pretty low. I've also done my fair share party drugs in that environment and they feel great but the comedown makes you feel even lower. I think this combined with the fact that like all of us who have good days at our jobs (in her case: finishing a song, playing a show for fans, etc.) and bad days (label nonsense, repetitive/uninterested interviews, etc.) might make it seem like she has a mood disorder, but I think she's just having good and bad days and isn't great at hiding it (not a bad thing and she's said in the past she's not good with media training).

I totally agree, especially with partying and substance use affecting your brain/ mood negatively. Literally by day 4 of my trip to Mykonos this summer I was close to death after going off the rails :facepalm:

But she also has said interesting things about her anxiety.

Charli XCX has just decided to demonstrate how she suffers from anxiety by climbing on to the extra-long table and crawling along it on all fours, like a disobedient toddler. "I do this weird thing in studios where I climb stuff when I get nervous," she explains. "So if we were in the studio right now, I'd be on the floor doing all of this weird shit. Stuff like that happens. That's my panic attack. Once I ran out of a studio through a window because I was so worried about passing the person that I was having this awkward moment with, so I picked my bags up and went." She adds the disclaimer that it was on the ground floor, but it was a window, "And I took the blinds out with me."

Still, she says, she's currently "back and forth with emotions". She says she wants to be a pop star, and then that she wants to make a punk album. She revels in her meandering route to success, but goes on to say she hates the way her career has moved so slowly.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/24/charli-xcx-interview-boom-clap-panic-attacks

She tired SO hard to be cool with the image and sound of True Romance

I'm not sure I buy that. I feel like she threw TR under the bus to explain the drastic change to Sucker. She recently came back around on True Romance and said it's "such a good album".

Just to clarify what I meant with TR... You can tell lyrically that Charli put in a lot of effort into this album and I think it really impacted her that while she was praised critically, it didn't take off. I definitely think that album is the most personal of all her records. But she really has transitioned into how she writes now, which is focusing on hooks and topline.  

The only thing I see on yt comments is people talking about how she looked so beautiful during the sucker era and now she's aging quick apparently

she literally looked the most disheveled during the sucker era

she wouldn't brush her hair, she always looked tired, and would only wear a slip dress and a choker

side note since were talking about Charli's looks, she really cleared up her skin this year

I felt so bad for her when she had to do ATAP press with breakouts all over her cheeks (I know from experience how bad having acne can be) 

I'm happy for her  :flutter:

she literally looked the most disheveled during the sucker era

she wouldn't brush her hair, she always looked tired, and would only wear a slip dress and a choker

side note since were talking about Charli's looks, she really cleared up her skin this year

I felt so bad for her when she had to do ATAP press with breakouts all over her cheeks (I know from experience how bad having acne can be) 

I'm happy for her  :flutter:

if you're talking about her hair it looked nice it's called curls if you brush them they frizz unless you wet your hair and lookswise she put the most effort in however I disagree with these comments as her skin has drastically improved and she's always been beautiful

Let’s talk. Track 10 is severely underrated. It’s such an anthem and a perfect closer. I love how experimental A.G. got with the production here. It feels like such a journey. She really should close concerts with this song. It’s flawless.

Track 10 is G-d and it's an experience

okay it’s been a week since Pop 2 l**ked, what are everyone’s thoughts on the tracks?

I love the majority of them, the only songs I skip are Backseat and Tears.

Backseat just doesn’t do it for me, especially as an album opener, but i still love the vocal production on carly during the bridge, but other than that it’s pretty dull for me.

Tears I can’t listen to, the screaming in the background is so distracting it’s all i hear and it runs for the majority of the song.

Track 10 is my favorite, it’s sooo amazing. Also a theory- i think AG sampled every stem in the beginning of the song? like he plays each stem once to give you a heads up of what you’re about to experience in the song and omg that just makes me love it even more. He does it again before the 2nd outro (THE FACT THAT THERE’S 2 OUTROS BITCHHH!)