Fluorine

Charli XCX

I actually Love it! I love to read long and explained opinions of people here, it is refreshing to see all of the variety of opinions in here

thank you so much! sometimes I worry that it comes across as a lot of rambling so no one reads it lol

but I do like when we have discussions in here

anyone know the years of these songs? Where they ever intended for an album/project?

High On Helium

In The Darkness

Pirates

Teenage Kicks

It's My Party

Most are unknown I think, someone might have put the info for HoH on Genius. Pirates is 2008, i think, maybe earlier—it’s REALLLLY old.

Most are unknown I think, someone might have put the info for HoH on Genius. Pirates is 2008, i think, maybe earlier—it’s REALLLLY old.

pirates pre-dates 14, not sure by how much though.....really still can't believe it was SOMEhow on her google drive, considering google drive didnt exist until 2012 and she didnt have that email address until 2010 but hey

X----into me, into you----X

how does no one care that snippets of the new XCX3 are leaking (especially 1999) when Charli made it explicitly clear she only wanted the people at the Spotify meeting to listen to it and literally no one else on earth until release? now she's pretty much robbed of the choice to pitch it to other singers bc there'll be fans that bug her about it forever. how are these leaks even happening?? 

You realize that song has nothing to do with the songs that were played at the LA exchange show?

girl c'mon they clearly didn't know... no need to get saucy just say it's not an exchange track

pirates pre-dates 14, not sure by how much though.....really still can't believe it was SOMEhow on her google drive, considering google drive didnt exist until 2012 and she didnt have that email address until 2010 but hey

bitch wanted it to leak

how does no one care that snippets of the new XCX3 are leaking (especially 1999) when Charli made it explicitly clear she only wanted the people at the Spotify meeting to listen to it and literally no one else on earth until release? now she's pretty much robbed of the choice to pitch it to other singers bc there'll be fans that bug her about it forever. how is these leaks even happening?? 

The "leakers" have 24/7 full access to her personal files: photoshoot, songs etc.

I have this "theory": I think they work at her label thats why they know about everything and shit or they had access to her personal files ONCE and downloaded everything they could (Charli obviously had to change her password after the leak wave) but u see... how come do they have access to 2018 songs?

I could be 100% wrong but I can't come up with any ideas about this situation

This was a cool read!!!

it really was! it gave me an entirely new perspective on atlantic. Especially this part of the podcast https://youtu.be/JGeInNyszQk?t=56m33s , it makes me reconsider the meaning of her "album isn't delayed, just releasing it at the right time for me. label fucking love me." tweet. maybe there was some truth? maybe it was deleted bc the GP isn't supposed to know that there's a strategy at hand? like yes she was frustrated at the delay but maybe she also somewhat understood the holdup.

The "leakers" have 24/7 full access to her personal files: photoshoot, songs etc.

I have this "theory": I think they work at her label thats why they know about everything and shit or they had access to her personal files ONCE and downloaded everything they could (Charli obviously had to change her password after the leak wave) but u see... how come do they have access to 2018 songs?

how do you know this to be a fact? (btw can you reply to my mention about charli reading lanaboards? I'm not trying to interrogate you I promise lol I just want to hear other people's takes on things)

but yeah that's the whole confusion. Right now there are two theories. The first one is that her google drive was hacked. But in recent history, some leakers on this thread have said there was a digital backdoor left unattended and that's where they stole everything. I don't believe they consider it stealing because it was unprotected but it's still her art & livelihood and they knew damn well it wasn't rightfully theirs. You'd have to do some crazy mental gymnastics to justify that shit. but ANYWAYS, they should've only had access to the songs made before the day ransacked the site or whatever. I just don't get the constant stream of snippets. I think Charli said she doesn't believe in backups because she believes if the file is lost it was meant to be (don't remember what interview I heard that in), so it could be possible that google Drive is the only place she stores music.

how do you know this to be a fact? (btw can you reply to my mention about charli reading lanaboards? I'm not trying to interrogate you I promise lol I just want to hear other people's takes on things)

but yeah that's the whole confusion. Right now there are two theories. The first one is that her google drive was hacked. But in recent history, some leakers on this thread have said there was a digital backdoor left unattended and that's where they stole everything. I don't believe they consider it stealing because it was unprotected but it's still her art & livelihood and they knew damn well it wasn't rightfully theirs. You'd have to do some crazy mental gymnastics to justify that shit. but ANYWAYS, they should've only had access to the songs made before the day ransacked the site or whatever. I just don't get the constant stream of snippets. I think Charli said she doesn't believe in backups because she believes if the file is lost it was meant to be (don't remember what interview I heard that in), so it could be possible that google Drive is the only place she stores music.

oh sure lol, well Charli said that she released No Angel bc we made her do it (instagram + twitter comments) so I think that she could read this thread once in a while like why not? lanaboards isn't famous but we are for sure like the n1 Charli xcx thread all over the internet. I would read about what my stans have to say about me

Diplo said that r&r remains untouched since 2016(?) as demo version and that Taxi got something in 2017 (like an update idk) that means he have full access 24/7 to those files

it's been known to happen. I mean there was the whole Rick Nowels situation that even got several Charli songs leaked back in the day, where his website just allowed open access to files with no security :facepalm: poor charli needs to just record in a closed environment, save it to a thumbdrive, never let it touch the internet, keep the drive with her at all times. but since she collabs with so many people and records all over the world it must just be hard to keep things safe.

i hope the turkish website doesnt spoil the next single i felt bad for charles after trying to surprise us :toofunny:

hopefully the label just doesn't send it to them until release day