Fluorine

Charli XCX

It's quite narrow minded to assume GNO won't get mainstream success. Sure, you'd assume it wouldn't given the current charts and how "poppy/gay" it is. but music and chart music specifically can change. Compare the top 10 4 years ago to today, it's completely different. It only takes one hit for the whole scale to change and yeah it's a bit hopeful to assume GNO could be that song but realistically it only takes one huge radio (e.g. radio 1) to add it to it's playlist for example and once a bigger reception begins to hear it, it'll grow. All it needs is good promotion on streaming (high on New music friday etc), a stellar music video which goes viral (similar to boys but better) and she's sorted. Don't be negative, her hit has to come someday

I'm so here for a female recreation of her Boys video with all her friends that she said she wanted to work with.

giphy.gif

Its like really so cute that some of think GNO will have any kind of mainstream impact whatsoever. Its a cute song and its really fun at her live shows but at the end of the day its not even one of the best songs shes done with SOPHIE.

As philanthropist and pop princess Ariana Grande said: what about it? It is a cute song and it's totally a bop, it just needs good promo to be a hit and that's what we're going to do, we can't let this fucking bop flop.

giphy.gif

I think it's cute you guys really promoting the song and it might help.

About radio, I'd say they hardly will play music if the label doesn't send them a "deal" or actually, you know, pitch them "This is the new Charli song, play it". There must be some type of "approval" from the label to get a song on the radio, so it would be nice to SPAM ask Atlantic about it and show the interest over the song, otherwise it will be almost impossible to get it on Airplay. But it's worth the try!

Streaming and Buying is the best\confirmed thing to do to try to catch attention. Create playlists with the song, spread it around... Spotify is always watching and when a song have some "buzz" (added on many playlists, good plays on the first week, etc.) they end up promoting it a little further.

oh wait, the new vocals and the polished production SLAPS :defeated: oh WOW

i wish it had the "going to bournemouth" part in the bridge because i'm literally here on holiday right now

lABVyGE.png

I think it's cute you guys really promoting the song and it might help.

About radio, I'd say they hardly will play music if the label doesn't send them a "deal" or actually, you know, pitch them "This is the new Charli song, play it". There must be some type of "approval" from the label to get a song on the radio, so it would be nice to SPAM ask Atlantic about it and show the interest over the song, otherwise it will be almost impossible to get it on Airplay. But it's worth the try!

Streaming and Buying is the best\confirmed thing to do to try to catch attention. Create playlists with the song, spread it around... Spotify is always watching and when a song have some "buzz" (added on many playlists, good plays on the first week, etc.) they end up promoting it a little further.

Too much politics in the music industry! :facepalm:

Let the best bops rise to the top!