Fluorine

Charli XCX

Decent? Boys has a range of like 4 notes for the majority of the song, so it'd be hard to not sound decent, especially when the mic is autotuned (it sounded like it was). I think Camila uses a tuned mic as well (from the couple TV performances I've seen), but Camila actually keeps a consistent tone, which Charli doesn't. It's super obvious when you listen to the background vocals compared to her dull husky tone live. I saw a vocal coach video where the coach said that it's common for people with vocal damage to pull their larynx down because it's hard for them to keep their voice stable otherwise. I feel like that might be what's going on with the dull tone. And then when she goes higher her voice starts to sound really hoarse and dry. Just listen to what her voice does when she screams at the audience in concerts: it has a gravel-y crackled quality to it.

But I feel like the sound engineers also need to make the mic more sensitive in some cases, so she doesn't have to sacrifice tonal quality in order to project. The other day, I think I figured out why Boom Clap sounds bad live (save for a couple performances). In the studio, she's singing breathy and soft in the verses, but everything sounds rather level because that's how studio mics work. But when she performs it on a tv show or in a stadium or whatever, it's hard for the mic to account for the change in volume from the verses to the chorus; the mic isn't on a sensitive enough setting to pick up low levels of sound, so she has to sing in a different part of her voice to not be drowned out by the instrumental.

Just my theories

I think it can also be the environment, I have a range but have a weak sound output so If I were to record something I'd probs do it within a closed space where the sound reverberates which I'm assuming she does as her voice is quite weak.Also agree that there's been a lot of damage although like I said its been damaged since sucker and it's only going to get worse because she's very lazy with her vocals and doesn't see it as an important part of her performance.

I know this is not the right thread but I need some help!!!! "When I Rule the World" by LIZ has a beat sample (played clear at the beginning and before the last chorus, around 2:00) that is almost exact something I already heard but I just can't remember. Anyone knows this song? It might be something from 2010/2011/2012 since it has that eletropop club banger sound  :defeated:  free my mind pls 

is it this?

I know this is not the right thread but I need some help!!!! "When I Rule the World" by LIZ has a beat sample (played clear at the beginning and before the last chorus, around 2:00) that is almost exact something I already heard but I just can't remember. Anyone knows this song? It might be something from 2010/2011/2012 since it has that eletropop club banger sound  :defeated:  free my mind pls

it kinda sounds like the beginning to whip it by nicki

just came in here to state some FACTS:

1. No Angel > GNO=Focus > 5ITM

2. Taxi, Bounce, and R&R are the tracks we currently need the most

3. White Mercedes and 1999 don't sound as amazing as y'all make them out to be

:flutter:

Thank you for making that announcement that no one cared about.

just came in here to state some FACTS:

1. No Angel > GNO=Focus > 5ITM

2. Taxi, Bounce, and R&R are the tracks we currently need the most

3. White Mercedes and 1999 don't sound as amazing as y'all make them out to be

:flutter:

bounce is nasty

xMcVPI7.jpg

@@Madrigal (mentioning instead of quoting because it won't let me post w the quote)

sticky wasn't made in that writing camp, since Yung Gud wasn't there (the producer)

pop the balloons couldn't be from 2014, because charli met sophie in early 2015 and it's produced by her. do we know any info on CTMP that's legit and not speculated?

as for the stargate/sophie sessions, those were summer 2015 when they spent about a month in the studio together where all of the draft album was made (not sure about IWBWU or queen lizzy) but also TKO was at the sweden camp

y'all are out of your brains if you think there's no autotune on set me free and black roses......

there's a difference between pitch correction and vocal manipulation for harmonies than autotune turned up to 100%..  :rip:

is it this?

Not quite :(((( i remember to have this in my music library, the bad news is that i have 100Gb of songs LOL gosh i gotta find this

it kinda sounds like the beginning to whip it by nicki

CLOSER but not there :( SOS