Fluorine

Charli XCX

shake it needs a music video, something like 2ne1's i am the best meets vroom vroom

wow...your mind so powerful like that....I love taste  :defeated:

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Next level Charli 10/10

Gone 10/10

Cross you out 10/10

1999 7/10

Click 8/10

Warm 8/10

Thoughts 10/10

Blame it on your love

White Mercedes 10/10

Silver cross 9/10

I don’t wanna know 8/10

Official 10/10

Shake it 9/10

Feb 2017 10/10

2099 9/10

Quote from her Glamour interview

In 2017, she was readying the release of what was supposed to be her third album, but a hacker broke into her Google drive and leaked several demos. And her phone number. People happily gobbled up the new material and even gave it a fake name, XCX World. Charli felt like she'd lost control.

"People call it XCX World, but I hadn't even titled it," she says. "There was no title. There was no track list yet. From fans' perspective, if people want music, they feel like they're helping you by hacking and releasing it. But it was an extreme invasion of my personal privacy and my life. People had my phone number. I didn't feel safe at all. It made me feel like all this hard work, all this money I'd put into recording, all the producers I'd paid, all the time, and all the flights I'd taken, were just thrown back in my face."

So she scrapped the project and started from square one, which she admits took some time. "It made me scared to literally do anything because I was like, 'Is my whole life just going to get put on the Internet against my will?' I definitely lost my confidence, for sure. I felt scared to make anything because I was worried it was just going to get released."

Time, ultimately, is what helped Charli move past this. "I'm in a better place with it now, and I can deal with it," she says. Everything that's on the horizon for her probably has something to do with that. Charli is already receiving rave reviews from critics. Her tickets are selling like hotcakes. And every new visual she previews—be it a music video or cover art—sparks stan pandemonium. "I feel good," she tells me. "I feel like people really want an album from me now. I still have no [commercial] expectations, but I feel that my fans are so excited for it."

Wow so she really was hacked (I thought it was a joke)... I thought some label insider had access to all her projects 24/7

The leaks came from multiple sources. Google Drive hacks gave us older songs, a separate hack gave us the exchange tracks and stuff like that and mixer apparently gave out the stems to the album

Also I’m my opinion no one asked for but I’m actually really disappointed with Next Level Charli :(

Honestly same...that's why i haven't mentioned it, I really thought it'd go so HARD but it left me kinda like  source.gif 

I thought it'd have that kinda vroom vroom/TKO energy especially with a name like Next Level Charli  :ohno: literally i'd have to say it's my only slight disappointment with the album 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

not sure why she's lying.. it was called xcx world, the photo shoot was called that, there's even proof of her referring to the album as that

it had a tracklist, a photo shoot, an album cover etc

the leaks came from an engineer who was hacked, the songs were retrieved in stem format, the people who bought spread it + combined the stems into mp3 files which is what leaked, not the real masters

the whole "google drive" thing is not true at all and i'm pretty sure she knows that by now

exchange songs came from a group of people who scammed sophie's friends and family :rip:

Quote from her Glamour interview

I’m sorry, but wasn’t XCX World (as we call it) scrapped BEFORE the leak? It kept getting pushed back and back and eventually someone started uploading it when it was pushed back/canceled ANOTHER time. Also, weren’t all those photos we have from it supposed to be for the album? No tracklist, but there was an album cover? She was also heavily playing certain songs that hinted towards them being on “the album.”

Her response here just seems...odd.