Fluorine

Charli XCX

I had the most magical experience listening to some of my favorite Charli songs while tripping last night. :flutter: :defeated:

Idk I felt like I was THERE inside of the songs, Click was sooo insane & out of this world. It kind of terrified me at the end. Babygirl took me to the most glamorous, sexy, nostalgic, shimmering beach party I’ve never even been to, but it was truly something else. :poordat: && I was like hearing new background vocals & textures of the songs for the first time... idkkk I just wanted to post about it so that I’ll always remember that feeling. :$

14417469274.gif

The best Pop duo/group Grammy goes to Charli and Troye in my book, but it'll prob go to Senorita or something... which... Charli has a writing credit on that song too.

I don't care if I never hear 1999 anywhere, and that Senorita is on the radio every 10 freaking minutes... give the girl her well-deserved Grammy! 1999 is a far better Pop song anyway... Then you have 2099 again, with Troye, that honestly somehow feels like a big moment in Pop on its own, without the "massive pop single" stamp all over it... Reading the comments, you can see how so many people don't seem to "get it" because it's not basic, 4/4 enough for them... like "get woke kids," Charli is influencing the GAME here!! :toofunny:

Time to give credit where credit is DUE...

The best Pop duo/group Grammy goes to Charli and Troye in my book, but it'll prob go to Senorita or something... which... Charli has a writing credit on that song too.

I don't care if I never hear 1999 anywhere, and that Senorita is on the radio every 10 freaking minutes... give the girl her well-deserved Grammy! 1999 is a far better Pop song anyway... Then you have 2099 again, with Troye, that honestly somehow feels like a big moment in Pop on its own, without the "massive pop single" stamp all over it... Reading the comments, you can see how so many people don't seem to "get it" because it's not basic, 4/4 enough for them... like "get woke kids," Charli is influencing the GAME here!! :toofunny:

Time to give credit where credit is DUE...

sadly i don't think 1999 will be nominated but it deserves every single award tbh

now watch pop/duo going to old town road  :facepalm:

how 2020's grammy should go

album of the year: charli by charli xcx

record of the year: gone by charli xcx & christine and the queens

song of the year: shake it by charli xcx featuring brooke candy, big freedia, cupcakke & pabllo vittar

best pop solo performance: official by charli xcx

best pop duo/group performance: cross you out by charli xcx featuring sky ferreira

best pop vocal album: charli by charli xcx

best dance recording: spicy by hervez page & diplo featuring charli xcx

best rap/sung performance: xxxtc by brooke candy featuring charli xcx and maliibu miitch

So what do we think the next step is?

Now that XCX3 has finally been released and charli actually said she's actually "already working on the next one"

Do we think her release patterns will be more consistent in the near future?

well, considering that she has always put out many single and material that had 0 label support until Charli...i guess so. they let her release such an experimental album, gave her """"budget"""" for videos and the album was a critical and public reception success. I think they've learnd the lesson she was trying to teach them with the mixtapes