Fluorine

Charli XCX

Why does Charli struggle to chart? I don’t understand... are people deaf? :toofunny:

Pop music is no longer chart material

It's not 2009 anymore, people like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Kesha, etc... are not gonna chart like they did 10 years ago. Now it's for the most part mumble rap, trap, not-so-pop pop songs (Bad Guy), etc...

That's why people like Ava Max have no point existing, there's not space for another pop singer with decent melodies

Charli managed to chart when she could and it's a lot. Like, not everybody can say they have a #1, Nicki Minaj has spent 10 years making features right and left and still hasn't reached the top

So yeah... we shouldn't look at charts 

Pop music is no longer chart material

It's not 2009 anymore, people like Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Kesha, etc... are not gonna chart like they did 10 years ago. Now it's for the most part mumble rap, trap, not-so-pop pop songs (Bad Guy), etc...

That's why people like Ava Max have no point existing, there's not space for another pop singer with decent melodies

Charli managed to chart when she could and it's a lot. Like, not everybody can say they have a #1, Nicki Minaj has spent 10 years making features right and left and still hasn't reached the top

So yeah... we shouldn't look at charts

I think that’s an interesting take for sure... I do think there’s truth in it... yet, you say that, but what about Taylor? Ariana? Katy Perry just had a big comeback single that’s everywhere... Beyoncé could drop a song tomorrow and it would be the biggest thing in the world... same with Rihanna... plenty of “staple” pop girl personalities still out there drawing hype, charting well, and posting big numbers.

Idk... I get that Charli is more “alternative” but it’s still freaking pop music. Catchy beats, instrumentals, and hooks for days. And side note Charli is way cooler and has more personality than all of these other pop girls so I give up I guess. :facepalm:

Maybe it’s the fact that Charli seems to want to take a more genuine approach to her music and fans rather than the established label route and everything that goes along with it...

I think that’s an interesting take for sure... I do think there’s truth in it... yet, you say that, but what about Taylor? Ariana? Katy Perry just had a big comeback single that’s everywhere... Beyoncé could drop a song tomorrow and it would be the biggest thing in the world... same with Rihanna... plenty of “staple” pop girl personalities still out there drawing hype, charting well, and posting big numbers.

Idk... I get that Charli is more “alternative” but it’s still freaking pop music. Catchy beats, instrumentals, and hooks for days. And side note Charli is way cooler and has more personality than all of these other pop girls so I give up I guess. :facepalm:

Maybe it’s the fact that Charli seems to want to take a more genuine approach to her music and fans rather than the established label route and everything that goes along with it...

Obviously people like RIhanna, Beyonce, Taylor and Ariana are gonna sell cause they're the biggest star of the world as of now, and they all rose to fame when pop music was all the rage. If you look at the music-related celebrities right now, there has been a spike when it comes to mumble rap, people like Cardi, etc...

If you just look at the charts you're gonna see that, unless we're talking big names, pop music doesn't chart. bad guy isn't pop, old town road isn't pop, etc...

When we're talking music, us, gays, are not the reference, locals are, and locals right now prefer 21 savage or whomever to, idk, Katy Perry and Kesha, which they did instead 10 years ago

Like I clearly remember in 2008 a straight guy (who used to call me a faggot so it's actually relevant) putting up Poker Face, by Lady Gaga, on the bus

Now what straight, local person on their right mind would put, idk, Taylor Swift? Beyonce? Rihanna? Nobody

edit: also I don't know why we keep hoping for Charli to chart? Like lmaooo????

Obviously people like RIhanna, Beyonce, Taylor and Ariana are gonna sell cause they're the biggest star of the world as of now, and they all rose to fame when pop music was all the rage. If you look at the music-related celebrities right now, there has been a spike when it comes to mumble rap, people like Cardi, etc...

If you just look at the charts you're gonna see that, unless we're talking big names, pop music doesn't chart. bad guy isn't pop, old town road isn't pop, etc...

When we're talking music, us, gays, are not the reference, locals are, and locals right now prefer 21 savage or whomever to, idk, Katy Perry and Kesha, which they did instead 10 years ago

Like I clearly remember in 2008 a straight guy (who used to call me a faggot so it's actually relevant) putting up Poker Face, by Lady Gaga, on the bus

Now what straight, local person on their right mind would put, idk, Taylor Swift? Beyonce? Rihanna? Nobody

serving us mediocre italian trap/indie music scenario realness i see  :diva:

The only pop girls that can still chart is like Ariana, Beyonce, Rihanna (maybe she is selling makeup and thongs now does she even still make music?) 

Taylor Swift too lol thanks to problematic white girls that have max. 1 black friend 

I love her so much. Listening to Charli I'm proud she released her album finally. I remember being so excited by after the afterparty and her change in style since vroom vroom. She's so sick. How can she make songs all so different and good?

White Mercedes is my new favourite song of hers.

Taylor is the record seller of our generation so she's gonna chart always, like her only competition at this point is Adele, not even Beyonce sells as much as they do so...

Also, from being a fan of both (Charli and Taylor) I've learned not to take charts and awards too seriously, obvs it's cool to see them win or top the charts but they literally mean nothing so...

giphy.gif

Okay so I've been hearing Charli non stop but like do ya'll think we'll get that Jam City collab on her next project?

No it'll probably be leaked in very low quality on discord in a few weeks, then snippets will appear on soundcloud and it will finally leak next year

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Yeah, I'm not saying that I disagree... I agree with a lot of what you're saying. It's just nice to see Charli get that deserved recognition is all. No reason for her music to not be way more popular than it already is.

She gets hyped up so much in the press, as long as I remember ever knowing about her, but it seems like it mostly falls on deaf ears. That's all I'm trying to say.

CTMP in hq is such an experience, what a well executed pop song

Is Losing My Cool a TR outtake?

also i Don't know if anyone remembers but back when XCX World started leaking their was a few rumoured songs like a song called "Take Me Out", would be cool to hear

Yeah, I'm not saying that I disagree... I agree with a lot of what you're saying. It's just nice to see Charli get that deserved recognition is all. No reason for her music to not be way more popular than it already is.

She gets hyped up so much in the press, as long as I remember ever knowing about her, but it seems like it mostly falls on deaf ears. That's all I'm trying to say.

We should stop thinking she can chart ALTOGETHER!!

She won’t, EVER, chart again, let’s enjoy her music and harass her for more instead