Fluorine

Charli XCX

15 hours ago, KIM PETRAS said:

It is not publicly known why Atlantic Records made Charli XCX scrap her original third album that was produced by SOPHIE, Stargate, and Bloodpop in 2017. However, it is possible that the label felt that the album did not align with their vision for Charli XCX's artistic direction, or that it did not have the potential to be a commercial success. The moderate success of the lead single "After the Afterparty" may not have been enough to justify continuing with the album.

wasn't it because it leaked almost completely after Boys? + the two singles flopping etc.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

Just now, Glitter Boy said:

wasn't it because it leaked almost completely after Boys? + the two singles flopping etc.

the album leaked bc it was shelved since the flopping of the singles otherwise we would get Bounce and 2 songs  from Xcx World and no N1A project probably. They could’ve had released the album even with all the leaks but queen is writing songs like a beast since day one so why not recreating XCX3 and thats how we got self titled I think.

4 minutes ago, vaux said:

original xcx3 > self titled

self titled is so bad I can’t

i enjoy most of the new tracks on self-titled (aside from shake it which is just kinda hot garbage) but a lot of the older tracks aren't that great and the album itself is just all over the place and it sounds like a last-minute compilation

edit: new & old meaning the date of writing & recording not necessarily release

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

26 minutes ago, vaux said:

original xcx3 > self titled

self titled is so bad I can’t

yeah xcx world had a clear vision behind it, which i loved 

self titled on the other hand… seemed like just a “greatest hits of the most mediocre songs i’ve written”  “sad attempt at recreating pop2”  collection of random songs that sounded decent together that she could put out just to get over the xcx3 era of her life and move onto something completely new 

it was about as bland as it’s album cover, her and that fuck ass dip dyed bob 😭 😭 

2 hours ago, lovemooch said:

si XD, ahí pregunté quien eras sjkds

Otro stan de Tinashe en Chile! Pensé que preguntabas x LB en general, no por mi en particular jasjasj holiiis :hottie:

8nl2OpX.png

Just now, brandon said:

SO CAMP… however… camp in a good way or a bad way… :candy: the world may never know..:awkney:

i pretty much completely agree with you on the album though

honestly the tracks themselves are solid (minus a couple ones) but the organization of the album was so obviously rushed - you can tell that 1999 was never meant to be there, BIOYL being there was rectified by track 10, shake it was obviously just meant to be i got it part 2

22 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i pretty much completely agree with you on the album though

honestly the tracks themselves are solid (minus a couple ones) but the organization of the album was so obviously rushed - you can tell that 1999 was never meant to be there, BIOYL being there was rectified by track 10, shake it was obviously just meant to be i got it part 2

yeah overall there are actually a lot of songs i really like even though i dislike the album as a whole 😭 

it just felt like such a random, lazy era (which honestly i do not blame her for One Bit after the whole xcx world dilemma, i’d be over it too) 

bioyl ft lizzo was… a choice.. her releasing that at all, let alone as a single, after already releasing track 10 and after 297438 versions of it already leaked (years in advance) was very…??? 

also yeah shake it sucked omg

Just now, brandon said:

yeah overall there are actually a lot of songs i like even though i dislike the album as a whole 😭 

it just felt like such a random, lazy era (which honestly i do not blame her for One Bit after the whole xcx world dilemma, i’d be over it too)

bioyl ft lizzo was… a choice.. her releasing that at all, let alone as a single, after already releasing track 10 and after 297438 versions of it already leaked was very…??? 

also so yeah shake it sucked

even more bitter about there being some really fucking good unreleased tracks from that time period and them not being released

justice for white dress, purpose, lucy liu, i'm done, green money/block, ice cakes, etc

Just now, the ocean said:

even more bitter about there being some really fucking good unreleased tracks from that time period and them not being released

justice for white dress, purpose, lucy liu, i'm done, green money/block, ice cakes, etc

right :trisha: 

Like there were SO many incredible songs she wrote during that time period, leaked or not, that deserved a spot on that album SO much more than tracks like shake it/bioyl/etc.

but at the end of the day i’m glad the entire xcx3 era is over because it’s been such smooth sailing ever since. like i’m so glad her and her label worked things out. the fact she was able to do hifn? incredible. the fact that she was able to then pivot to something as produced and big as crash? also incredible 

29 minutes ago, the ocean said:

the way she didn’t put 1000 times on self titled …