harmonykorine

Zella Day

6 minutes ago, Kurt said:

It’s kind of strange because the album was delayed for over an entire year, and then the vinyl still weren’t ready for another 3 months after that. It’s entirely possibly that her pressings were waiting in the queue that long due to being on an indie label and all that but how did they not update the audio files in all that time?

I’m honestly not that bothered by the missing songs since that happens from time to time with last minute changes etc.. I just hate that the back cover doesn’t match what’s actually on the vinyl lol!

Also I hate to rain on your parades but I don’t see how customer service is going to help besides maybe offering a partial refund or something like that :( None of the 4 variants are sold out so they can’t really justify a new pressing and that’s the only thing that would fix the actual mistake. Maybe we’ll get an updated standard black pressing a few years down the road.

I’m just going by what she or her team told me:

”Hello! So sorry you received a flawed vinyl. I’m giving you an email where you can request a new print (email redacted). Keep me updated and thank you for the support!”

I’m totally fine with refund, partial refund, or new pressing, whatever gets decided

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

10 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

”Hello! So sorry you received a flawed vinyl. I’m giving you an email where you can request a new print (email redacted). Keep me updated and thank you for the support!”

I’m totally fine with refund, partial refund, or new pressing, whatever gets decided

Yeah, here’s hoping for the best! I’m just keeping my expectations low that we’ll ever get to hear these two excellent songs on vinyl :toofunny:

10 minutes ago, Kurt said:

Yeah, here’s hoping for the best! I’m just keeping my expectations low that we’ll ever get to hear these two excellent songs on vinyl :toofunny:

I know, those were my two favorite tracks on the album too!! ♥️

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

I don’t want to sound ungrateful because I know Zella and her team worked hard to put everything together, but it’ll really suck if there’s nothing they can do or we only get a partial refund. I mean, the album is literally called Sunday in heaven and the title track is missing:crai:

3 hours ago, maysparkle said:

Could you send me the email? Mine is fucked up as well

56 minutes ago, Kurt said:

Sooooo I just put on side B of the long beach harbour/indie exclusive variant and it starts with Radio Silence!

Very curious to see how the UO/silver variant turns out.

So the Long Beach harbor one has radio silence & Sunday in heaven? 

15 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

So the Long Beach harbor one has radio silence & Sunday in heaven? 

Yup!

Also, it’s quite a pretty color! I wasn’t expecting much from the mock-ups

2 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

And you’re sure it has Sunday in heaven on it as well?

Honestly I was too tired to play the whole thing :deadbanana: I’ll play it tomorrow and let you know for sure. But I can see that there’s 6 songs on each side just looking at the actual vinyl

6 hours ago, Kurt said:

Honestly I was too tired to play the whole thing :deadbanana: I’ll play it tomorrow and let you know for sure. But I can see that there’s 6 songs on each side just looking at the actual vinyl

I literally have the red AND blue. Time to get a third copy of this amazing album I suppose! 

So I just played the long beach harbor variant from top to bottom and it has all 12 tracks in the correct order

Maybe the red & blue variants were the only ones originally planned back in 2021?

2 hours ago, Kurt said:

So I just played the long beach harbor variant from top to bottom and it has all 12 tracks in the correct order

Maybe the red & blue variants were the only ones originally planned back in 2021?

Thank you for your service 

2 minutes ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

So now the question is: Are the songs on the vinyls the demo versions? :illumarina:

I would imagine they would be the same or at least nearly identical because the album was technically finished

BUT I’m curious if Almost Good has that little interlude at the end because I think that might not have been there until after the delay? Not sure though

2 hours ago, Kurt said:

I would imagine they would be the same or at least nearly identical because the album was technically finished

BUT I’m curious if Almost Good has that little interlude at the end because I think that might not have been there until after the delay? Not sure though

It does indeed have the little interlude at the end 

2 hours ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

So now the question is: Are the songs on the vinyls the demo versions? :illumarina:

I don't think so- I noticed no difference in any of them but I didn't listen to bunny all the way through.

2 hours ago, Kurt said:

It has the interlude.

It looks like they’re sending out emails to people who ordered the vinyls from her store to let them know there may be an error. I just received my vinyls the other day, so I need to give them a listen and see if mine are misprints as well. Here’s the email they sent:

“Hello, and thank you for your support of Zella Day.

If you are receiving this email, you ordered one or more copies of Sunday In Heaven on vinyl. Unfortunately, we’ve been made aware that some albums are missing a couple of tracks. Specifically “Radio Silence” and “Sunday In Heaven.” 

If you’ve already received your vinyl, please listen and check that the actual tracks match the track listing on the cover. 

If you haven’t received your vinyl or a shipping notification, we are holding your order until we can inspect and make sure all forthcoming albums are correct. 

Once we know for sure if the misprint affects all vinyl or just certain quantities/colors we will follow up with an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Back soon with a remedy. 

Thank you!”

Also, just want to note that this vinyl mishap has me listening to this record more frequently again, and it’s truly soooo good. Zella is a genius. I really hope she embarks on a tour, as the last and only time I saw her live was at a festival in 2016. I got to meet her afterwards at the signing tent and she was truly one of the nicest artists I ever met. She reached out and gave me a huge hug, and she’s even more gorgeous in person too. Miss her x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS