harmonykorine

Zella Day

1 minute ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

SO EXCITED 

:ma:

Nnnnn honestly you should probably forget I ever said that because I don’t wanna give you false expectations :ma:

Idk there’s just something about the cadence of the song that reminds of me of Hallelujah in the same way Billie’s ‘I Love You’ does

But Sunday In Heaven (the song) is also quite short so it doesn’t really build as much

SO EXCITED TO BE FINALLY LISTENING TO THE ALBUM, I love how my release radar knew I’ve been obsessed with I don’t know how to end for years and chose that one for me :crai: big taste

Ugh I want to listen but my bf wants to watch tv with me :( wish he’d be down to listen to Zella right now

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

2 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Ugh I want to listen but my bf wants to watch tv with me :( wish he’d be down to listen to Zella right now

tell him your priorities! NO TIME FOR TV :twirls:🥲

Finally got to listen and GEEZ Sunday in Heaven, the track, is so short!! Wtf. That version she played live in one of her stories seemed longer? I never heard any of the leaks. But aside from the songs I already heard (which I’ve listened to a million times) I liked the album a lot… now moving on to Tove Lo’s new record

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

wowowowow this album is insanely good. listening with an open window and a lit candle. i swear she is way too underrated.

faves are: 

Last time 

real life 

bunny 

am i still Your baby 

and

sunday in heaven (this one is just so relaxing)

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

Just woke up! It's raining outside and I'm drinking coffee while listening to the album. :smokes4:

The only song I don't really love love is bunny. 

This album is phenomenal. The production, the sound. As an audiophile this album turns me on.

Lana please take notes...:defeated:

6 minutes ago, NoSalvation77 said:

Just woke up! It's raining outside and I'm drinking coffee while listening to the album. :smokes4:

The only song I don't really love love is bunny. 

This album is phenomenal. The production, the sound. As an audiophile this album turns me on.

Lana please take notes...:defeated:

hmmm damn i loved bunny! hopefully it’ll grow on you :defeated:

but wow this album to rain sounds like a vibe

could you imagine a lana x zella collaboration album? a gay can dream :flutter::ma:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

4 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

hmmm damn i loved bunny! hopefully it’ll grow on you :defeated:

but wow this album to rain sounds like a vibe

could you imagine a lana x zella collaboration album? a gay can dream :flutter::ma:

Technically we had for free but I don't count that one :creepna:

The album is great but it felt like 2 different concepts scrambled together with the guitar stuff and the poppy disco (?) stuff.

I really like it overall and since she had to wait like 7 years to put out her sophomore record I don't blame her at all for putting things from throughout the years. I love her :crying4:

And Mushroom Puch is still one of the best songs I've heard in recent years I can't get over that track...

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

I made an alternate cover:

zdf-3.jpg

Original:

Hide contents

ab6761610000e5ebf07625ed8cff82132521c156

Font png in case anybody wants to make their own cover:

Hide contents

zd-sih-font.png

Other versions:

Hide contents

Version 1:

zd-2.jpg

Version 2:

zd-2-2.jpg

The second one is actually better than the official. Well done!

Sunday in heaven is so dreamy and her vibrato is..omg *chefs kiss*
I don’t know how to end…I didn’t hate it but I didn’t love it..I like the free version better, it was more dreamy/lullaby-esque 

I love am I still your baby, last time and real life.

I was super excited to hear almost good and I love that one too! 
I had higher expectations for bunny and wasn’t crazy about it..

overall I really like the album! I wish I could hear some of the demos if they are different from the album version.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, BlueINK said:

I made an alternate cover:

zdf-3.jpg

Original:

Reveal hidden contents

ab6761610000e5ebf07625ed8cff82132521c156

Font png in case anybody wants to make their own cover:

Reveal hidden contents

zd-sih-font.png

Other versions:

Reveal hidden contents

Version 1:

zd-2.jpg

Version 2:

zd-2-2.jpg

Perfect artwork for a deluxe with Moonslot Junkie, Cherry Heart, & Chinatown ;) Zella we know you read this thread girl!

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

Delicious track by track interview! 

“Mushroom Punch”:

Years ago I was on my first headlining international tour that ended in Russia for the last three remaining shows. We drove from Moscow to St. Petersburg all the way to Yekaterinburg in a twelve-passenger van and stopped at pretty much all of the roadside attractions along the way including a rest stop called “Lizard Acres.” It really wasn’t much to see, just a brick building distributing information for tourists with a lime green drinking fountain out front, but the name of the place felt like a song. Later on it was the starting place for the psychedelic language used in “Mushroom Punch” — it became the place where my lover and I reside.

“Am I Still Your Baby?”:

“Am I Still Your Baby?” was written during a time when I was listening to Roy Orbison religiously, primarily the album Crying. It’s the nicest way I could find to say, “I know you want me back.”

“Dance For Love”:

The song was started in the studio with my friends John Velasquez — who produced my cover of “You Sexy Thing” — and Ryan Hahn of Local Natives. I learned how to roller-skate backwards while finishing the lyrics.

“Girls”:

There was a summer where my friends and I would meet at Jumbos in Hollywood every Thursday for a beer. It’s a famous bikini bar that was opened back in 1970 that would put on these elaborate themed parties and send out newsletters called “Clowning Around.” One of my favorite stories [was] the “Pillow Parties,” where they would clear out the bar and put new pillows on the floor next to low Japanese tables and serve everyone pizza. There’s a small stage in the bar where the performances take place. You never know what you’re going to get at the Clown Room.

“Golden”:

It was March of 2020 and we were all helpless. I wanted to write a song about finding joy in the face of despair and not feeling guilted by happiness. Life is a trip, eat some cake and dance around the living room.

“I Don’t Know How to End”:

My mother grew up in Long Beach and it’s the place we moved back to after leaving Pinetop, AZ in 2012. The port of Long Beach is this strange and beautiful place made up of pastel shipping containers as far as the eye can see. It’s eerie and romantic. The Queen Mary in her red lingerie. I used to smoke pot with friends in deserted parking lots around the area. I fell in love there once.

“Radio Silence”:

I had a traumatic experience with an ectopic pregnancy that I didn’t talk about for a long time, up until this song. There was a lot of anger and hurt that needed to be worked through. Writing about it helped me let go of deep emotional stress I was holding in my body. It’s a small piece of a bigger story that so many women go through.

“Bunny”:

The original demo of this song has me singing, “They’ll cut your tail off Bunny,” as an alternate line to “taking the backseat honey.” I decided not to use that line while keeping the original title. I really like it when song titles aren’t explicit. I imagine the listener searching for “Bunny” and never finding her, which is kind of the point. It’s really about catching a stride, losing it, and having to start all over again.

“Real Life”:

Crash landing into reality. This is not what the poster said. What’s the refund policy? I guess you could also call it adulthood. It’s almost like the remaining particles of fairy dust get blown off the hood of your car as you merge onto the freeway.

“Almost Good”:

My friend used to have this small studio in Ojai that she would let me use for writing whenever she wasn’t using the space. She had a big roll of paper that I would roll out over the dining table to scribble on during my stays. “Almost Good” was written next to a plate of eggs and coffee. The song is totally freeform, breaks a lot of structural rules and sounds the best when played live.

“Last Time”:

This song is about recognizing your failures as opportunities to grow towards the future you envision for yourself; when there is a comeback to be made and you are on your way to making it. The production grows into a crescendo to reflect the nature of a full evolution.

“Sunday in Heaven”:

I’ve always been smitten by the phrase “heaven is a concept” and wanted to apply this idea to the album. I treated these songs as my concept of salvation. The song itself plays with the idea of disappointment upon arrival, which generally happens when you are too focused on the destination instead of the journey itself.

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

Really like the album. Still not a big fan of Girls or Golden, but the other tracks are very good. Am I Still Your Baby, Last Time and Radio Silence are my faves. Sunday in Heaven (track) is probably too religious-y for me to enjoy, but overall, it’s a very good album!