Sitar

Lana Performs Unreleased Songs at the Endless Summer Tour

I'm speechless watching these videos. So often when an artist will do obscure or 'fan favourite' songs, they will do a half assed version, as though just remembering them is enough. But Lana looks to be genuinely enjoying singing songs most of us had resigned ourselves to only ever hearing on demos and leaks. I don't even care what this means for the future - this is Lana reclaiming her own past.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

This is my very personal opinion but I don't know why, I'm feeling extremely positive for the future. I may still be in the haze of the excitation but I feel like if this is where the tour is headed it's going to be better than the Paradise one. To this point I don't even care anymore if she's releasing or not unreleased songs on Honeymoon, she seemed happy to perform them and it's all that matters. I am so thrilled to see where this is all going, I don't have any expectations anymore she's so damn unpredictable, I always end up slain anyways so I'll just be sitting there and not so patiently waiting  :cuteface:

ZKcaooE.png

I'm speechless watching these videos. So often when an artist will do obscure or 'fan favourite' songs, they will do a half assed version, as though just remembering them is enough. But Lana looks to be genuinely enjoying singing songs most of us had resigned ourselves to only ever hearing on demos and leaks. I don't even care what this means for the future - this is Lana reclaiming her own past.

omg!! :shock:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I am terrifically pleased LDR showed affection for her past work. I'm terrifically pleased (and grateful) at all the video uploads and links to them posted at Lanaboards.

Like most others, I'm wondering how far the unreleased attention is going to go. The best-case scenario (for me) is that she does the "leaked session" release(s?), independent of HM. If she were self-producing with her band, it wouldn't be surprising to have unreleased songs spill over to her concerts. It's also possible there won't be any more attention. I suppose the choice of songs (e.g., she didn't choose AKA material) might be indicative of how HM is going to go. Then again there's Chelsea Hotel, which kind of reminds me of May Jailer, so who knows.

Other things I wonder:

What was Courtney like? I like that LDR expects her audience to have broad taste. If an artist expects broad taste, it should make them uninhibited to do whatever they like. Grimes is also an interesting pairing.

What will the reviews of this concert be like? Well here's one, sort of ambivalent (and no mention of the *importance* of the unreleased attention):

Anyway, LDR looked/sounded great to me. It will be interesting to see whether the negative-hype wave is still around or if more people accept her as alternative popular artist this time.

Courtney fucking rocked hard, she was sexy, she kept teasing the crowd for being so young with comments like "I wrote this one when y'all were fetuses!" And when her show ended she yelled "fuck off!" And went off stage she was great

I'm extremely grateful to everyone who uploaded videos/snippets!

I can't @ how amazing she sounds and the high notes she reaches. I love the metropolis stage set, it creates a really nice vibe. The reusage of older songs succeds at making the setlist sound fresh, I love her so much tbh. But I still hope she adds a few songs from Honeymoon before the album is out.  :bodyisready:

Also, the moan during Serial Killer gave me life. :cumming:

SK, DR, UATW confirms that she reads LB. People always comment that they dream of her performing unreleased and DR.

This marks the end of the winter of her life, and it's going to be an endless summer.

Bury me to Bel Air.

I'm speechless. That setlist, her vocal performance, how much she seemed to be enjoying herself, ending with OttR... This was more than I could ever hope for :defeated: Sadly I've grown more and more indifferent towards Lana for some time now, but this launched me right back into hysterical fan mode  :crazy:. Just... Thank you Lana, and thank you @ for the amazing videos!

SK, DR, UATW confirms that she reads LB. People always comment that they dream of her performing unreleased and DR.

This marks the end of the winter of her life, and it's going to be an endless summer.

ED07bOK.gif

I will never get over these jokes.

Thanks @ :kiss2:

Bm2AvMo.gif

lol of course she messed up the lyrics during off to the races - it's only tradition

The unreleased songs could be a bit weird for more casual goers but overall the setlist looks great (need to watch a few more videos but she sounds good too)

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

I have been thinking for like 5 minutes about what is DR when I finally realized that it's Do Right... :facepalm:

I couldn't believe it, when I saw this thread title ! It's really amazing that she did such songs ! 

Also, the stage looks cool. Her name should have been written on a single line, à la "Hollywood" hill !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Do Right performance was very short because of the song itself. Remember Blue Velvet that was only 2:30 mins?

I Really hope Do Right will be on Honeymoon. Her cover was sooooooo good.

Also if Serial Killer, You Can be the Boss and Us Against the World is on Honeymoon, I wouldn't mind how pop HM will be anymore - very lovely songs.

(I didn't listen to any of the leaked song until now)

I wished she performed several more songs from UV though, like Sad Girl, The Other Woman or Pretty When You Cry