Sitar

"Honeymoon" Song/Video Preview (UPDATE: 2nd Snippet)

I feel like Lana is trying to trick us into thinking that HM is some slow, brooding song, but I see right through that for the Kill Kill-esque song I know it's going to be.

glad im not the only one thinking this x

I don't like putting my hopes up and then nothing happens so...

Am I the only one who really wants that Honeymoon will be the lead single..?

giphy.gif

When she teased us with snippets in the past usually something happened within 2 weeks. But remebering how the UV release went, I don't get the point of releasing singles if they don't have hit potential and you will not promote it. The released singles are getting old when the album is getting out and somehow this strategy diminishes the record in my view. If she doesn't want to promote she better pull a Beyonce with some good videos. btw I got a tweet that something will happen on NoiseyMusic. If she is comming on Noisey first then HM will be a great artsy, niche album like UV with a small budget (Interscope certainly isn't making any visible moves)

When she teased us with snippets in the past usually something happened within 2 weeks. But remebering how the UV release went, I don't get the point of releasing singles if they don't have hit potential and you will not promote it. The released singles are getting old when the album is getting out and somehow this strategy diminishes the record in my view. If she doesn't want to promote she better pull a Beyonce with some good videos. btw I got a tweet that something will happen on NoiseyMusic. If she is comming on Noisey first then HM will be a great artsy, niche album like UV with a small budget (Interscope certainly isn't making any visible moves)

Don't forget Vevo tweeting about HM 'can't wait for you to take us on a honeymoon' or something like that... Correct me if I'm wrong but that makes me think her label is actually gonna promote this new record and give her more freedom budget-wise (hopefully)

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I don't like putting my hopes up and then nothing happens so...

Am I the only one who really wants that Honeymoon will be the lead single..?

Probably. Honeymoon would be a great opening track like Kill Kill, but I don't think it is commercially or critically viable to become a good lead single. Of course, we need to hear the full song first.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

honestly her being on apple music makes sense... i mean apple music has a 3 month trial... 3 months is right about when lana is supposed to be coming out with cuntymood... so?? it makes sense. i feel like most major artists music will be on apple music.. 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

Lana shouldn't have any exclusives with Apple music imo. It will only limit her audience considering she is huge on spotify.

We will see about that, if she's huge on spotify then she will on this new thingy, a lot of people will have apple music 

I don't even think that Apple has something in mind with her new material. Based on the very little that we have, it is not really palateable towards a big audience, so why would they consider doing it?. If they plan to lauch their service with an exclusive, it for sure won't be Lana. They used her face because she was looking pretty and BTD was a big hit.

I think that the exclusive they have is being the first streaming service that offers 1989. 

Oh, and Demi Lovato is coming for all ya wigs, so be prepared. 

I don't even think that Apple has something in mind with her new material. Based on the very little that we have, it is not really palateable towards a big audience, so why would they consider doing it?. If they plan to lauch their service with an exclusive, it for sure won't be Lana. They used her face because she was looking pretty and BTD was a big hit.

I think that the exclusive they have is being the first streaming service that offers 1989. 

Oh, and Demi Lovato is coming for all ya wigs, so be prepared. 

Lana is the #1 streamed female artist in the US on spotify, apple's biggest competitor. A reach but tbh Im hoping that it will drop via apple music so 1. we can get it soon. and 2. promo for lana

Demos_copy.png

She'll probably premiere it on Apple Music when it launches and then put it up for sale at midnight that same day. It'd be great promo and she's also one of the most streamed artists of all time so it'd benefit both Lana and Apple.

I am so happy that I'm not the only fan in love with this song.

Also, to the people saying Lana wouldn't be herself if she did fun, uptempo music... the demos to BTD were almost all happier and more upbeat than the final product, which underwent severe Haynie-fication. She's done more than her fair share of upbeat stuff. It would totally be "her" to do something quicker-paced than a dirge. Just because she became known for Video Games (and subsequently the whole of BTD became "Hollywood Softcore") doesn't mean she can't make music that's fun but still idiosyncratic.

totally. that's why i think casual fans who haven't heard lana's unreleased stuff only know half the story. a lot of those songs are upbeat & poppy in their lana-ish way. she does pop in a very unique way & i'd love to hear that again from her.

& on the subject of unreleased songs: i wouldn't want any on the new album UNLESS she released it as a single and made a killer music video for it. that would be the only reason to re-release one.

let me be who i'm meant to be