Fusel

SONG PREMIERE: "Honeymoon"

Wow, I really didn't think I would like it this much. Sure, the lyrics are a bit underwhelming, but the song is so beautiful and Lana's delivery so great that she could have sung pretty much anything without it bothering me. I'm also astounded by the fact that the "dark blue"-line turned out to be my favorite part of the whole song, really didn't see that coming  :toofunny:

I bet she herself has been listening to the song all day.

---

I think we all know this but it's a good time to say it - her voice is out of this world.

I think it's amazing how the lyrics are so happy and romantic but in the actual song she sounds like she's lamenting not having a honeymoon  :poordat:

its so nuanced and sublime with headphones on. there's like this rustling guitar underneath it all i didn't even hear before? 

bitch! its so good i wanna slap her 

I enjoy it 100% more without headphones. 

are you like deaf or somethin

Born to Die is his favorite album, bible, food, drink, smell, view and thing of all-time, so take it as an absolute compliment :troll:

Born to Die is his favorite album, bible, food, drink, smell, view and thing of all-time, so take it as an absolute compliment :troll:

exactly :uh:

it means I like the song just as I love BTD  :hdu:

image.png

It's a beautiful song that is very dreamy and pretty but it sounds like it would fit better on a movie score rather than an album of hers. I appreciate it for what it is but I need something more than this and it needs to be mid-tempo or if possible upbeat. Something along the lines of Lolita or This Is What Makes Us Girls is what she needs to be releasing as a first or a second single because this gloomy stuff can get played out very quickly especially when she's known for making this type of music, she needs to kick it up a notch and try something different.

It's a beautiful song that is very dreamy and pretty but it sounds like it would fit better on a movie score rather than an album of hers. I appreciate it for what it is but I need something more than this and it needs to be mid-tempo or if possible upbeat. Something along the lines of Lolita or This Is What Makes Us Girls is what she needs to be releasing as a first or a second single because this gloomy stuff can get played out very quickly especially when she's known for making this type of music, she needs to kick it up a notch and try something different.

What about no? This is perfect, and it turned out how I wanted it.

The last lines of the verses, give me this feel, like I really want to hear her repeat the last line in a lower octave at that point.

The same way she sings "dreamin' away your life" at the end. So that would be "we make the rules, & Mr. Born to Lose".

I suppose that pause or space in the song is okay in it's own way but I feel those parts give it the copy/paste feel when the chorus comes in.

I adore the way Lana comes in on the verses "We both know" and how she sings cruise, plus the background vox kicking in all "Lalala" like  :cumming:

or whatever she's saying there.

The way she say "dark blue" is literally the way I imagined her in my head.

When she says "but I'm not scared" her vox warbles a bit and she sounds emotional and vulnerable which I love. It's great on that specific line.

The Bridge is dope.  :brows3:

Scatting and all that jazz is beautiful.

I personally prefer the soundtrack vibe cuz I love ambient tracks and OST, as is. I love slower tempos and a lot of times find faster paced songs give me headaches. I ease my anxiety with Lana's voice on many occasions.  :whatever2:

I LOVE reading what other people are reminded of by this (possible references, and similarities to past work) 

Hella excited for whatever's next EEEEE  :crying5: EEE!!!

It's a beautiful song, calms me down for some reason. Doesn't evokes in me the feelings Ride, Carmen, VG, BTD or even WC did at first listen though, still a great beautiful song. Lanas voice is so good, sexy and ethereal at the same time. I just love the sound of her voice, singing or speaking is just ugh so amazing

Sleepy, but beautiful. (Though that is perhaps her laziest DIY style video.) 

The tone and timbre of her voice have always been the biggest draw for me. I could probably listen to an entire album of Lana Mmmm-ing and scatting.

something is awfully wrong in the world because I couldn't agree with you more. Probably gonna rain tomorrow

glgcDdT.gif

I like it and I don't

Like I am fully aware that it is beautiful and dreamy but I also know I'll probably never listen to it again... Lol

I like that it's a dark lovesong.. I can picture it being played during a trailer for like a slasher flick or something

Overall not too worried considering I didn't like the UV title track but ended up liking the album!

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Also, Lana is staying true to her word. She said this album's material would act as a continuation of where she left off with "The Other Woman." The Nina Simone teas are heavier here, though, especially during the improvised riffing toward fhe end of the song. Yes, Lana, I love how you pay homage to Mother Nina.