National Anthem

BØRNS

Oh dont worry, everyone sort of forgets this after a while. Some people also post on the Poppy thread still and actually support her, those kind of ppl are like, the gay XXXtentacion stans :P

That's true, I don't think people have forgotten about Mel or Poppy though, they just choose to ignore it or think that their accusers lied even though Melanie basically confirmed it  :rip:

Honestly, I read one of the girls’ tweet thread and like... it sounded like they were in a relationship. She constantly said she didn’t say no or didn’t express that she didn’t want to do something when she should have, so like how would he know she didn’t want to do it??? It does sound like he’s a dick by not texting he and stuff. But honestly, it just seems a little weird to me.

Don’t @ me

(I know you will though)

Honestly, I read one of the girls’ tweet thread and like... it sounded like they were in a relationship. She constantly said she didn’t say no or didn’t express that she didn’t want to do something when she should have, so like how would he know she didn’t want to do it??? It does sound like he’s a dick by not texting he and stuff. But honestly, it just seems a little weird to me.

Don’t @ me

(I know you will though)

that's exactly what I thought???? she posted screenshots of them like sexting, and she was telling him that she would show him her a**hole and whatever, like, didn't she say that "he begged her to give her nudes, and she felt uncomfortable"?

Don’t @ me

(I know you will though)

that's exactly what I thought???? she posted screenshots of them like sexting, and she was telling him that she would show him her a**hole and whatever, like, didn't she say that "he begged her to give her nudes, and she felt uncomfortable"?

One girl said he took advantage of her while drunk, but for the most part all the girls had just been led on by a dude who clearly just wanted sex and not a relationship but it is still gross how young they were.

Were any of the girls under 18? I just read the one statement so I don’t know all the details.

Yeah, I don't remember exactly but I believe one was 16 and one was 17. The one that claimed he took advantage of her was 19. 

I never got good vibes from Garrett to begin with so I'm not surprised by all of this.

I read two tweets by both girls who were used and manipulated by him but I haven't really formed a solid opinion yet tbh. I feel bad for the victims but I don't want to say anything right now about it until I've re-read the statements.

Edit: Here's his statement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoKHvUJFRAH/?taken-by=bornsmusic

Kinda sad to assume these girls are lying about being manipulated by him. Also he hasn't addressed the underage thing so that's disappointing

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I never got good vibes from Garrett to begin with so I'm not surprised by all of this.

I read two tweets by both girls who were used and manipulated by him but I haven't really formed a solid opinion yet tbh. I feel bad for the victims but I don't want to say anything right now about it until I've re-read the statements.

Edit: Here's his statement.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoKHvUJFRAH/?taken-by=bornsmusic

Kinda sad to assume these girls are lying about being manipulated by him. Also he hasn't addressed the underage thing so that's disappointing

Lmao that's all he had to say about it? Tragic

death grips is online !

I hate it when this kind of thing happens. Because its so difficult to decide how to take it. This time it was multiple people, not just one girl, but i feel like his closer community of fans, especially those who have been fans for a few years, will know best. And i mean the ones who have actually met him and talked to him out of concerts. Not just diehard stalkers who would do anything for their idol.

But yet of course, another useless statement made that tells us nothing and sounds as if they honestly couldnt care less

OMG I'm listening to Bye Bye Darling and crying myself to sleep omg WHERE IS HE

I don’t think he’s coming back, it’s been so long. Allegations must’ve been true if he dropped off the face of the earth. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cuh0XgZPyvs/?igshid=YzcxN2Q2NzY0OA== 
New album coming on the 28th. 

I really don’t know how I should feel about this. I’ve always loved the vintage vibes to his music (he was in fact one of my favourite pop acts in recent years), but there are the numerous accusations from women (which we have no idea what it came down to). It’s always the big debate of “Can we separate art from the artist?” (even though the argument is less and less valid nowadays).

Here is the most comprehensible article on the subject (the article doesn’t solely focus on him but on other indie acts of SoCal): https://theithacan.org/columns/false-allies-among-indie-artists-create-mirage-of-safe-space/