Subversive

Music to Watch Boys To: Official Music Video

Maybe someone who's really bored can colorize the video according to the few promo shots we have :creep:

Actually we should twitter bomb the director until she releases it. The Shades of Cool directors cut was uploaded on his website. Why not?

Y'all wtf?! Look how vevo's commercial on YouTube totally spelled her name wrong!

Was wondering if it had been pointed out!

OZvRxxP.jpg

An ad to a video I was already watching, with a misspell. Tragic, lmao.

The video is forgettable. No story, is basically a collages o images and ideas without anything cohesive. I don't get what the girls are doing in the video but she needed to put her mildly talented sister in it somehow. Why didn't she let the BW parts in color? She would expressed magnificently her inner campy, white trash trailer park persona that she so carefully curated so far. I miss her boldness from the National Anthem and Ride videos. The siting with closed eyes in a coma, staring languidly to nowhere and singing like a heavily stoned person ala 60-70's shtick is getting so boring Lana. But she's working so hard guys...to fuck up her career

Can you leave this forum, you are literally so annoying. 

yes because the director doesnt have anything better to do with her time than re-color a whole video for 5 stans.

Not sure if serious? But the video was actually filmed in color judging by promo shots. B/W is just a cheap filter that you can do with your phone/insta whatever. It's not "artistic" its just lame there's no hype and the video is already forgotten. All we have left is sadness at Lana for abandoning her career and fucking up her video once again.

We were all excited "OMG shes back with the big budget videos" when we got a first look at the promo with all the hair makeup glitter flowers neon sign models YAY and then she releases a boring black and white video. BYE LANA!

All we have left is sadness at Lana for abandoning her career and fucking up her video once again.

We were all excited "OMG shes back with the big budget videos" when we got a first look at the promo with all the hair makeup glitter flowers neon sign models YAY and then she releases a boring black and white video. BYE LANA!

you need to get a life.

Let's agree to disagree MonsterGod. Not every video needs to have a strong narrative. The fact that first 2 videos are narrative-free leads me to believe the next one will have one.

HBTB was kinda story based?? sorta

FzytWEW.png

omg for real? dude I have like 8000 photos of her saved and 90% is organized but like most of it comes from the lanadelreyfan gallery :xcry: I guess I could haha but it wouldn't be ready asap

Please do it! :D

Not sure if serious? But the video was actually filmed in color judging by promo shots. B/W is just a cheap filter that you can do with your phone/insta whatever. It's not "artistic" its just lame there's no hype and the video is already forgotten. All we have left is sadness at Lana for abandoning her career and fucking up her video once again.

Or maybe the promo photos were colored by chuck? 

This video reminds me a lot of Last Girl on Earth, as if she's alone in this b&w world with nothing to do but watch the boys and meanwhile she's reminiscing about the colorful times she had with the girls. 

I'm positive that's probably not what it's about but whenever I see the video, I think of that song.

Let's agree to disagree MonsterGod. Not every video needs to have a strong narrative. The fact that first 2 videos are narrative-free leads me to believe the next one will have one.

I didnt say anything about the narrative? That was Vertigo. All I wanted was to see her smile, her beautiful eyes, her hair, the flashy costume, her glimmering breasts in full color. It would have been her most colorful and fun video. She made sure that didn't happened.

you need to get a life.

That's a sad comeback. Is it because I made you feel ignorant with your dumb comment?

Please do it! :D

You're lucky because I just reorganized my entire 2014 candids but the thing is, I only got the pics I like so it's very subjective (aka I mostly have white trash tastes), and so it's nowhere near complete at all and I'm not claiming it is, there's a lot of dates missing and I'm CONSTANTLY adding some anyway. I just compulsively save pictures and I actually look at them for hours and that's why I'll always be single :rip: But ok as soon as I'm satisfied with my classing I'll do another mega. I should do a list of all the megas I have because I'm starting to have a lot, I have an audio interviews that's starting to get pretty complete even though there isn't covers for each because of what I downloaded from soundclound and what I got from audacity, a video interviews that's basically the best I could do, and for fun a magazines covers mega with like 120 photos in it in various qualities and starting to get organized by years because I have sub zero life and classing pics saves me from depression. By the way, I'm sorry this is out of topic but I'm actually looking for help for the magazines covers mega, like to know which year belong to which because I stanned very late so I'm not sure at all of everything, so if anyone's interested PM and we'll discuss it!!

ZKcaooE.png

Can't wait for lana's hyper-literal next video for freak :hooker:

( video is mostly in black and white except for a blue Instagram filter whenever Lana sings the word blue)

Flames so hot that they turn blue

(archive footage of a blue flame)

Palms reflecting in your eyes, like an endless summer

(shot of palm trees reflected in a daddy's eyes)

That's the way I feel for you

(shot of Lana pouting seductively in black and white)

If time stood still, I'd take this moment

Make it last forever

(shot of Lana loops and loops)

Your halo's full of fire

I'm rising up, rising up

( Lana surrounded by fire, pouting)

My hot love's full of fire

Love's full of fire

Ahhh

(close up of her moaning face)

Baby, if you wanna leave

Come to California

(Lana sitting outside Château marmont, beckoning apathetically to the camera)

Be a freak like me, too

Screw your anonymity

Loving me is all you need to feel

Like I do

We could slow dance to rock music

(Lana dancing awkwardly in slow motion)

Kiss while we do it

Talk 'til we both turn blue

Baby, if you wanna leave

Come to California

(further shot of Lana gesturing to get us to come to her)

Be a freak like me, too

Leather black and eyes of blue

(lana sadly flicking her lips in order to lip sync bububublue)

Sun reflecting in your eyes, like an easy rider

( shot of daddy riding a motorbike)

Life makes sense when I'm with you

Looking back, my past

It all seems stranger than a stranger

(Lana pouts seductively and looks confused/thoughtful/bored)

So let's dance in slow motion

(further shots of Lana awkwardly shuffling)

Tear it up, tear it up

(shot of Lana sleepily tearing up pieces of paper)

Let's dance by the ocean

(shot of Lana awkwardly dancing on a beach)

Ahhh

etc etc

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Or maybe the promo photos were colored by chuck? 

It's pretty obvious to see if it was colored..

the pic of her sitting on the chair with the headphones is clearly in color.

Chuck shot the promo pictures with a different camera than of the one who shot the MV. (Same with HBTB).

The camera that shot the MV maybe filmed with B&W, but we can't know.

giphy.gif