annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I don't want to be one of those fans, but I've got nothing to lose...

Lana doesn't love music as much as she says. Or, I don't know, she does but it's different. Waaaay different. She's so lucky to have so many people buying her albums and listening to her songs and watching her videos. She's super lucky and she doesn't know that. If I had her luck, I would do a lot of stuff, but she's not like that. And that's a shame since Lana is really smart and creative, but she's too lazy. She doesn't want to think about her potential (UV is the only exception). What's "exciting" to us is normal to other fanbases. We get fucking excited when she's going to release a video because we only got 5 videos in the last 22 months, and one of them costed 0 dollars. We got extremely excited when she announced she was going to do that live set the other day because we don't get HQ concerts/live sets since 2012 I think. 

And that's a shame, really, because everyone is doing the opposite. Some new artists are working their asses off because they want to show how talented they are. FKA twigs, for example, she an unknown in real life but every indie blog is talking about her. She does expensive videos and is on tour since May 2014, if I'm not mistaken. She doesn't perform on TV but she does live sets on the radio, performs at huge festivals, etc. She's ambitious, musically, she creating her own world just like Lana did with Born to Die and that's why twigs is getting so much attention online, and that's why I love her. I don't love her new hardcore electronic industral stuff, though, but I still love her because LP1 is fucking excellent and she's an incredible artist.

And now let's talk about someone with a huge career - Björk. In 2007, she said she reaaaally hated being a superstar back in the 90s, but she releases extremely awesome records every 3-4 years. 30 years into her career, she put out the work of art that Vulnicura is. She did a great tour and is about to release an acoustic version of the record. She also had an exhibition in a museum and made three high quality videos. Oh, and she worked with one of the most exciting producers at the moment: Arca.

Adele is like Lana, but it's a different story since she's not a visual artist, and she's more like ~adult contemporary~ kind of artist. Come on, even Rihanna, whose singles are written by other people, looks excited and energetic when she's performing. And she sings like 30 songs despite not being the most incredible vocalist or dancer of all time.

Lana lacks of passion and energy. She's tired. She's not sad anymore, but she somehow managed to stay reaaally out of the spotlight, and that's sad not only for the fans, but for the critics, etc. They loved Honeymoon and everything she does becomes a music blog entry. I really hope she someday understands that she's capable of a lot of things, but it's like she's scared of herself. She is brilliantly talented.

It seems like she's too insecure and anxious to promote her work. She's grown into a shell of her former self, rather hiding away eating Doritos in her Hollywood mansion where nobody can see her, than go on camera and be proud of her music. I hate it. No tea no shade.

Zp1Ucx1.gif

yeah

Lana doesn't love music as much as she does. Or, I don't know, she does but it's different. Waaaay different. She's so lucky to have so many people buying her albums and listening to her songs and watching her videos. She's super lucky and she doesn't know that. If I had her luck, I would do a lot of stuff, but she's not like that. And that's a shame since Lana is really smart and creative, but she's too lazy. She doesn't want to think about her potential (UV is the only exception). What's "exciting" to us is normal to other fanbases. We get fucking excited when she's going to release a video because we only got 5 videos in the last 22 months, and one of them costed 0 dollars. We got extremely excited when she announced she was going to do that live set the other day because we don't get HQ concerts/live sets since 2012 I think. 

And that's a shame, really, because everyone is doing the opposite. Some new artists are working their asses off because they want to show how talented they are. FKA twigs, for example, she an unknown in real life but every indie blog is talking about her. She does expensive videos and is on tour since May 2014, if I'm not mistaken. She doesn't perform on TV but she does live sets on the radio, performs at huge festivals, etc. She's ambitious, musically, she creating her own world just like Lana did with Born to Die and that's why twigs is getting so much attention online, and that's why I love her. I don't love her new hardcore electronic industral stuff, though, but I still love her because LP1 is fucking excellent and she's an incredible artist.

And now let's talk about someone with a huge career - Björk. In 2007, she said she reaaaally hated being a superstar back in the 90s, but she releases extremely awesome records every 3-4 years. 30 years into her career, she put out the work of art that Vulnicura is. She did a great tour and is about to release an acoustic version of the record. She also had an exhibition in a museum and made three high quality videos. Oh, and she worked with one of the most exciting producers at the moment: Arca.

Adele is like Lana, but it's a different story since she's not a visual artist, and she's more like ~adult contemporary~ kind of artist. Come on, even Rihanna, whose singles are written by other people, looks excited and energetic when she's performing. And she sings like 30 songs despite not being the most incredible vocalist or dancer of all time.

Lana lacks of passion and energy. She's tired. She's not sad anymore, but she somehow managed to stay reaaally out of the spotlight, and that's sad not only for the fans, but for the critics, etc. They loved Honeymoon and everything she does becomes a music blog entry. I really hope she someday understands that she's capable of a lot of things, but it's like she's scared of herself. She is brilliantly talented.

what do u mean with she doesnt love music as much as she does ?

yeah

what do u mean with she doesnt love music as much as she does ?

omg I meant "She doesn't love music as much as she says" :deadbanana:

Lana doesn't love music as much as she does. Or, I don't know, she does but it's different. Waaaay different. She's so lucky to have so many people buying her albums and listening to her songs and watching her videos. She's super lucky and she doesn't know that. If I had her luck, I would do a lot of stuff, but she's not like that. And that's a shame since Lana is really smart and creative, but she's too lazy. She doesn't want to think about her potential (UV is the only exception). What's "exciting" to us is normal to other fanbases. We get fucking excited when she's going to release a video because we only got 5 videos in the last 22 months, and one of them costed 0 dollars. We got extremely excited when she announced she was going to do that live set the other day because we don't get HQ concerts/live sets since 2012 I think. 

I think she just makes what makes her happy, and doing those things simply doesn't make her happy.

It's as simple as that. It's not so good for us, but she can get away with it.

I think she just makes what makes her happy, and doing those things simply doesn't make her happy.

It's as simple as that. It's not so good for us, but she can get away with it.

But she needs to try again now that's she's not as hated/bullied as she was back in 2012. She said the Endless Summer was a beautiful experience, and that means it was the first tour she actually enjoyed from start to finish.

you still don't understand

Lana is  an artist more like a painter than a pop star.

Artist(painters) almost never historically promoted their work nor were commercially popular in their lifetime, their creative output is the focus

same with songwriters who are behind the scenes

What was the last publicity Rick did for instance?

selfish of those to be upset for something she wishes not to much do

after all, it is selfish- in that very few actually go to concerts, or even watch videos anymore so who is one kidding? it is not like it is

for anyone else but the person whining

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Lana is  an artist more like a painter than a pop star.

Artist(painters) almost never historically promoted their work nor were commercially popular in their lifetime, their creative output is the focus

selfish of those to be upset for something she wishes not to much do

after all, it is selfish- in that very few actually go to concerts, or even watch videos anymore so who is one kidding? it is not like it is

for anyone else but the person whining

I usually love your posts, but you are the one who doesn't understand this time :deadbanana: Lana is not a painter!! or a ghost songwriter!! She SELLS her image. We buy not only her songs, but her image. Photographers pay her because the want her face!! Designers and fashion magazines used to pay her lots of money because they wanted THAT BODY to wear their clothes. She's not a painter. She's a pop star.

Oh my goodness, the stupidy that gets posted on here. Tours are what keeps an artist going. It is the most profitable part of the business. And also the best way for fans to be close to their artist and enjoy the dynamics of a big crowd while watching their fave perform.

I just can't. Time has come to hit the ignore button.

She needs to promote to sell her shit, she wont so she will keep fading, thats what she wants. She doesnt want to appear on tv singing her songs, she doesnt want to do live interviews on tv not even on the radios that do interviews. I mean its ok if she wants to, but the fans will get bored eventually and forget about her. 

Lana is an artist more like a painter than a pop star.

:eartha: i can't survive if this is all that's real

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Lana doesn't love music as much as she says. Or, I don't know, she does but it's different. Waaaay different. She's so lucky to have so many people buying her albums and listening to her songs and watching her videos. She's super lucky and she doesn't know that. If I had her luck, I would do a lot of stuff, but she's not like that. And that's a shame since Lana is really smart and creative, but she's too lazy. She doesn't want to think about her potential (UV is the only exception). What's "exciting" to us is normal to other fanbases. We get fucking excited when she's going to release a video because we only got 5 videos in the last 22 months, and one of them costed 0 dollars. We got extremely excited when she announced she was going to do that live set the other day because we don't get HQ concerts/live sets since 2012 I think. 

Good point and it made me think a little, well put together. It's a discussed matter about her not wanting to put out more of her work and be more assiduous when it comes to putting out music videos or, what have you, tours and such. She could promote herself more and more, and oh do I always see Taylor Swift, Rihanna; and oh my, Halsey work their asses off to promote themselves & their work, and don't start with the 'she's an artist she needs time'. Needs time? Time for change, perhaps. Time for a change in which her being more involved in the spotlight is one of the priorities. She's like an outsider into this music industry, and putting an album as was Honeymoon straight off the bat with little to no promotion at all, just some small meetings and kissing some fans is simply not enough, and let's add being as lazy as you said which by itself is a one huge flaw even for a beloved person like her who is fortunate to have such fans like us. Call me whatever you want, but she could have just done so much more. There's no way sales would impact my views on her music, but with this no-fucks-to-give attitude she's not going anywhere near we want her to. 

obUZKpb.gif

Lana is one of my favorite artists. I'd be very sad if she just faded out of music. I know "nothing gold can stay," but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be sad if she eventually became a non-entity. Marina has completely left my radar, and I used to love her more than Lana. I don't want that to happen, you know?

I like that most people here have been able to express themselves without resorting to KIIII SHADE. It feels more polite than the pre-release thread for sure.

Btw, now listening to Honimoonz :hooker:

I think her career would be so different right now if the initial response to her work ( BTD) was actually positive. Someone like FKA Twigs  isn't selling amount of records but all the blogs are about her. Would you feel discouraged if you were treated like a joke on national television? Sometimes we forget how the backlash affected her, she even said that what people think of her changed her psyche.

Let's compare this:

“I know a lot of different people. When they are drunk, in the dark of the night they all want the same thing. They all want to be famous. It’s innately human to want other people to bear witness to your life. It’s important for people to be watched. They don’t want to be alone. I don’t want to be alone.”

She truly had an romanticized vision of fame that now in no longer part of her, The whole HM era is about anti-voyeurism and her desire to be far from the spotlight. But it did changed her music for better too. 

She just doesn't care that much for performances, why would she go around the country doing something she doesn't like when she could be "sick" riding that italian dick? why would she rather do that? for the fans? why would she care for a bunch of nobodies who claim to love her, when at the end y'all now you guys just go home with the memory of a nice experience, would you rather get bullied for your awkardness or suck a 12 inch dick?. If Lana stopped singing would it be the end of the world? no. Would I be sad? yes. Would I move on? yes. Will you guys? hell yeah. I'm not saying she doesn't care for us, I'm saying she just prefers doing the things she "loves" the most, "loves" because we all don't know what she really likes, by much she tells us Lana Del Rey it's just a persona, do you think she really is like that with close friends.

Me? I just want to meet her so I can drag the fuck out of her, I'm not saying what she's doing is the right thing to do, I feel as abandoned as you all do, but let's get real, we can't push her to do certain things she doesn't want to, at the end we are just fans guys

It's ok to not ride Lana's dick every time

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

this isn't really for anyone in particular except perhaps (lv). and answers about six or seven other posts in different parts.

So not all is for any poster.

you still have it wrong

She doesn't want the paparazzi following her, or people breaking into her house thinking she is their personal friend when she is not in a public place and it is her private time.

That was what High by the beach is about. The video showed it.  She treats everyone nice, and she gets taken advantage of.

and she isn't disappearing-

why start fake memes when there is no such thing

she already stated she was doing a US tour next year and has done shows now every year somewhere.

Festivals suit her along with her own shows.

I would expect, unless she gets married and has a child, it to happen next summer.

Kate Bush didn't tour for 40 years. She came back and sold out something like 50 shows. Had she done songs from her first part of her career I would have spent like 3 grand to go there and pick up a scalper ticket, plane flight, hotel (in the Marriott right outside the Eye). As she ignored those songs it wasn't worth it to me. Because unfortunately, Kate's not like Lana in that only some of her songs are good, but not all.

and Lana has sold more records (in the USA) than Kate Bush ever did. At best, Kate updated her web site every once in a while, and sold limited edition signed stuff for a while

(so she did have some income moving in).

Kate probably would have died to have a #1 and two #2 USA albums

but some are selfish- Lana doesn't do something for like 6 seconds and the world is coming to an end.

and the false meme thing, starts out with a lie, then others think it is true, or half true and add on to the fiction without the others realizing the first wasn't true to start off with.

Must give that poster LV (same initials as the great voice in the Gangster's paradise song), a big thrill.

the more record company people and writers don't get her, the more some others are acting like professional record company people or professional writers.

The #1 axiom in the entertainment industry is "leave the customer wanting more".

as President Johnson said (actually to paraphrase it)

"I could walk across the water tomorrow, and all the media would report is "Why is President Johnson so lazy that he can't swim"

I bet some actually thought Lana would make a surprise appearance with Weeknd on SNL Saturday night. As if

and to LV who referred to Lana as brand new? She has been around and recording for like 10 years now.

Don't you think the wrinkle on one of her posts meant something? I took it to mean she is out of the rat race and doing things on her own terms. I was proven correct.

And she didn't need Dan Auerbach to do it this time. She did it herself. Which is anything but lazy.

I expect over the years for her to produce other artists, but not tour nor do publicity for those artists. That will be their job.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Lana doesn't love music as much as she says. Or, I don't know, she does but it's different. Waaaay different. She's so lucky to have so many people buying her albums and listening to her songs and watching her videos. She's super lucky and she doesn't know that. If I had her luck, I would do a lot of stuff, but she's not like that. And that's a shame since Lana is really smart and creative, but she's too lazy. 

And that's a shame, really, because everyone is doing the opposite. Some new artists are working their asses off because they want to show how talented they are. 

I completely understand this, especially knowing a bit of the perspective you are coming from. Like, I wish I even had a music career to throw away. I feel the same way about Marina. Maybe there's just something we don't know.  :sadcore:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.