annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

OK instead of entire discography magnum opuses, how about album ones. For Instance, On UV...clearly West Coast and Shades are the stand outs. For honeymoon... I'd Say BD and Art Deco. And in Born To Die era... OTTR, Video Games, And Ride

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I personally don't hate it, even though it's possibly Lana's worst song in her released discography. The problem with Lana is that every song slays, so even her worst song is AMAZING.

Actually I think that is one of her best written songs, the story she tells, the way she sings, omg I'll listen to it again 200_zpskado8swt.gif

8nl2OpX.png

Kinda think the blackest day is her magnum opus - is there any other song with so many different sections? (rap genius labels them verse, pre-chorus, chorus, post-chorus, bridge, outro) Kinda like Bohemian Rhapsody??

Sis... most songs have an identical structure to what you described. Literally the first three tracks on Honeymoon have that structure too. Bohemian Rhapsody doesn't have a proper chorus, it's just made of several verses with interludes bridging them together.

i think u mean Cola sis

Oh yes, that too!

The Blackest Day is definitely the best song on Honeymoon. It also is her second best song.

The Blackest Day (10) > Religion (10) > Music to Watch Boys To (10) > Terrence Loves You (10) > Art Deco (10) > God Knows I Tried (10) > High By the Beach (10) > Salvatore (9) > Honeymoon (8.5) > 24 (8) > Freak (7) > Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (7) > Swan Song (2)

Sis... most songs have an identical structure to what you described. Literally the first three tracks on Honeymoon have that structure too. Bohemian Rhapsody doesn't have a proper chorus, it's just made of several verses with interludes bridging them together.

Oh yes, that too!

Don't agree. Most of her songs have a verse a chorus and a bridge. Maybe there are other pieces sometimes but they're usually melodically similar to the rest of the song.

The Blackest Day is definitely the best song on Honeymoon. It also is her second best song.

The Blackest Day (10) > Religion (10) > Music to Watch Boys To (10) > Terrence Loves You (10) > Art Deco (10) > God Knows I Tried (10) > High By the Beach (10) > Salvatore (9) > Honeymoon (8.5) > 24 (8) > Freak (7) > Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (7) > Swan Song (2)

Swang Song is a 10 imo

8nl2OpX.png

the blackest day is so overrated lmao (I mean it is a good song but some of you treat it like the second coming of Jesus Christ)

But it is the second coming of Jesus Christ

Coming of Lana Del God

:burn: (your taste)

:creep:

giphy.gif