annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

So why are you always liking all my posts here? Like, literally ALL of them?

I don't like ALL of them, just the ones I like. Simple as that.

And what's wrong with spreading the love? If I like a post, I hit the "like" button - I want to show people that I agree with what they're saying, I found their post interesting, humorous, or for whatever other reason, I liked it.

I don't like ALL of them, just the ones I like. Simple as that.

And what's wrong with spreading the love? If I like a post, I hit the "like" button - I want to show people that I agree with what they're saying, I found their post interesting, humorous, or for whatever other reason, I liked it.

Nothing is wrong with it. I am just surprised that you worded your response like you did. I have actually come to terms that she doesn't care that much or doesn't have the drive.

Next all I want is a better alboom than Honeysnooze.

Nothing is wrong with it. I am just surprised that you worded your response like you did. I have actually come to terms that she doesn't care that much or doesn't have the drive.

Next all I want is a better alboom than Honeysnooze.

Fair enough. Glad you've moved on.

And yes, I agree, she definitely needs something with a bit more energy next time. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Honeymoon, but it's not an album I can put on all the time and enjoy, the album is kind of just one long note. BTD and UV were stronger in the sense that there were changes in mood, tempo, and so on. I love HM so much but I just don't think most of us are here for another one. We need something a little more lively to break up the slow, mellow mood of HM. Not necessarily another BTD, in fact, no thanks, just something with a bit more passion and fire.

The value of festivals is 3 fold

One, it is a tightly adhered to schedule, with a specific start time/end time

two- all ones fans show up but

three- everyone who has tickets for that day, tend to see one of two of the headliners (if there are multiple evening stages), giving an artist their own audience,

plus probably 50% of all the other people who are there.

If only 10% of those people pick up a new or old release, of an artist they probably never purchased or listened to (being that if they did, they would be in the (two) above already, that is thousands and thousands of other people

plus the publicity in being there

and there are many countries on this tour, which ends up being millions and millions of new listeners (by using the one person sees someone and passes it down to others)

So all those brand new fans

Plus in Europe, anyone can easily go from one country to another by car/rail/bus, so just because she might not be in one place, a person wanting to go will go to another place. (much like in the US one can go to any different state if they have time/money to get there)

(Like this year I am going to Canada as she hasn't added an east coast date, though there is a brand spanking new amphitheatre in Coney Island, that I cannot

understand why she isn't playing there, right off the boardwalk/beach.)

and then there is-

four- a chance for her to see and be with other artists, as she herself is a music fan who likes going to concerts and being in the collective experience with other

singers/players in a band. Very communal.

It's great when one is in it for the music/artistry and doesn't need the money.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Fair enough. Glad you've moved on.

And yes, I agree, she definitely needs something with a bit more energy next time. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Honeymoon, but it's not an album I can put on all the time and enjoy, the album is kind of just one long note. BTD and UV were stronger in the sense that there were changes in mood, tempo, and so on. I love HM so much but I just don't think most of us are here for another one. We need something a little more lively to break up the slow, mellow mood of HM. Not necessarily another BTD, in fact, no thanks, just something with a bit more passion and fire.

Honeymoon being one big note dragging on and on through the record is a really fitting description for the record tbh. It also doesn't help that she has about 3 same sounding songs (religion, god knows i tried and the best one: the blackest day). placing 24, swan song and don't let me be misunderstood at the end of the record makes the record seem to drag out even longer, it's just slow and even though i like swan song and 24 the placing of those, and a lot of other songs on the record, just doesn't do them any favour. 

i76mrxw.png 

Guns and Roses (the song) is better than 6/10 songs on Honeymoon

HM is just so dreadful and boring that I cant believe its something that Lana (an artist who has bever disappointed me) really believed to be something truly amazing. HM is like a mix between BTD and UV but take out all the exciting details and its what you get

it also doesnt help that the album cover is horrid and that the music videos for this era all have the same instagram filter

I honestly think that Honeymoon was just an experimental album. She wanted to switch up the vibe and she did and I don't think it worked out as well as she planned. It's still a great album, and it makes me excited af for her next album because idk where she's going to go next. I would honestly love to hear something with trap beats and her btd vocal energy.

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I honestly think that Honeymoon was just an experimental album. She wanted to switch up the vibe and she did and I don't think it worked out as well as she planned. It's still a great album, and it makes me excited af for her next album because idk where she's going to go next. I would honestly love to hear something with trap beats and her btd vocal energy.

God, I miss her BTD vocal energy so much. I didn't realize it until you just mentioned it. Off to the Races is still insane to me to this day. I love how she sounds so desperate in the choruses, almost manic. I miss the emotion and urgency in her voice when she'd sing "Love you more than those bitches before, say you'll remember. Say you'll remember, baby." in Blue Jeans. I miss hearing her mischievous and taunting tone like in National Anthem or Lolita. Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are very good, but damn if they aren't draining for the listener. Granted, there might be a few select songs where she's not so solemn, but her vocals overall on the last two albums have sounded so worn out, like it takes all the energy out of her to sing them. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

God, I miss her BTD vocal energy so much. I didn't realize it until you just mentioned it. Off to the Races is still insane to me to this day. I love how she sounds so desperate in the choruses, almost manic. I miss the emotion and urgency in her voice when she'd sing "Love you more than those bitches before, say you'll remember. Say you'll remember, baby." in Blue Jeans. I miss hearing her mischievous and taunting tone like in National Anthem or Lolita. Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are very good, but damn if they aren't draining for the listener. Granted, there might be a few select songs where she's not so solemn, but her vocals overall on the last two albums have sounded so worn out, like it takes all the energy out of her to sing them. 

Your signature is gorgeous and makes me miss the BTD videos....

qsVmBMd.png

Your signature is gorgeous and makes me miss the BTD videos....

Thank you. I miss them too. I hope she will start making more like them for the next era. Then again, I was hoping for that for Ultraviolence and Honeymoon too.  :crying5:

Thank you. I miss them too. I hope she will start making more like them for the next era. Then again, I was hoping for that for Ultraviolence and Honeymoon too.  :crying5:

Yeah so sad those era's had no so great videos. Shades of Cool is actually gorgeous too though, so at least there's that one. I can't believe she said she didn't bother releasing Honeymoon's homemade video because it went nowhere but released that tragedy which is Ultraviolence.

qsVmBMd.png

Yeah so sad those era's had no so great videos. Shades of Cool is actually gorgeous too though, so at least there's that one. I can't believe she said she didn't bother releasing Honeymoon's homemade video because it went nowhere but released that tragedy which is Ultraviolence.

I agree, Shades of Cool is one of the better ones. I'm a fan of MTWBT too. Ultraviolence had so much potential.  :icant: Just hope she takes her time with the next era. I'd rather wait longer and have great music, BTD-level videos, and good promotion, rather than another era like UV or HM. Of course, her music has never failed to be great, even though I'm hoping for more energy this next album, but her videos and promo have gone really downhill with UV and HM compared to BTD.

I agree, Shades of Cool is one of the better ones. I'm a fan of MTWBT too. Ultraviolence had so much potential.  :icant: Just hope she takes her time with the next era. I'd rather wait longer and have great music, BTD-level videos, and good promotion, rather than another era like UV or HM. Of course, her music has never failed to be great, even though I'm hoping for more energy this next album, but her videos and promo have gone really downhill with UV and HM compared to BTD.

Yeah I agree her music has never failed which is the most important part so as long as her next album delivers ill be happy regardless, its just that her videos are so iconic she needs to get back to that level. I agree about the promo too, she hardly does anything now which is a shame because it always great to see her perform live. I do hope the videos come back in full force though as I doubt she will ever go back to the promo she used to during the BTD era.

I'd like it if she even just did a live performance in a small studio with no audience, just for her youtube so we could get to hear her sing some of the songs live.

qsVmBMd.png

Although I'm anticipating for an new era so hard I'm still not over honeymoon, the album was just so great to and since its release its atmosphere didn't fade and it never grew old to me. It's really enchanting and I'm so satisfied of it every single track (except swan song :/)

@@wittycatchphrase-

interesting thing is, if one goes back and reads all the posts when Ultraviolence was released,

so many of the hater Honeymoon crowd, hated Ultraviolence

so in a few weeks/months, when the next album is released, expect in about a year or two, all the Honeymoon haters will be saying how great Honeymoon is

and wish the new album were 1/2 as exciting.

Me, I like it from day one.

And of all her videos, High By the Beach is her best yet.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp