annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

yeah me too, feel kinda like i should listen to tracks on HM at least a little more as it seemed to fade fast for me since its release, but i've been listening to a few other great

artists stuff alot more..once in awhile.. i'll play some unreleased songs i love, and some BTD, some UV, but but only a couple

on HM now and then.. have to be in the right mood for it, then its great..otherwise i skip it

She is not releasing a new album this year. She is not listed unter the UMG upcoming releases for 2016.

That's good news

ive tried and tried to like HM more but its just so bland compared to her other albums, its just so average nothing shocking nothing that completely slays my life. hoping the next album is better

For me, HM songs(some), start of really great, and then something happens and it loses that spark.. chorus too long or just the way the song goes..

so i end up loving bits and pieces of songs more on HM than full songs.. weird this one was..lmao.. if that makes any sense

ive tried and tried to like HM more but its just so bland compared to her other albums, its just so average nothing shocking nothing that completely slays my life. hoping the next album is better

it's been 8 months and people still take their time to type this stuff, move on :rip: stop listening to it

For me, HM songs(some), start of really great, and then something happens and it loses that spark.. chorus too long or just the way the song goes..

so i end up loving bits and pieces of songs more on HM than full songs.. weird this one was..lmao.. if that makes any sense

I agree with you. Swan Song, The Blackest Day and Freak all start off so good and sound so promising, but they start meandering and you're waiting for something to happen but before you know it the song is over and nothing exciting happened :sadcore:

I start to listen to Sirens and made my own tracklist and I like it

I'm inferring something comparative here, like: I like HM more than the average stan because I like May Jailer more than the average stan, and this era reminds me of that (although maybe lyrically it shouldn't, idk). This is definitely true of me (which is why I liked your statement), but I'm not sure you're making a comparison or a statement that she should just go back to Sirens style. The 1949 studio leak is a good example of how she might sound, imo.

I listened a lot to Honeymoon when it came out last summer and then dropped it until literally now. It's still just as visceral an experience! I'm glad Lana stuck to her guns and didn't sell out. This is the most quintissential "gangsta Nancy Sinatra hollywood sadcore" record ever created and I love every minute of it. But "Terrence Loves You" is the absolute highlight for me.

it's been 8 months and people still take their time to type this stuff, move on :rip: stop listening to it

Yeah why can't the haters just not say anything and blunt my mellow?

I love Honeymoon and personally it's my favorite Lana album. The fact that most of this thread is different people stating how "slow and boring" Honeymoon is over and over again makes me sad.

I wish everyone loved HM as much as Lana does.

I love Honeymoon and personally it's my favorite Lana album. The fact that most of this thread is different people stating how "slow and boring" Honeymoon is over and over again makes me sad.

I wish everyone loved HM as much as Lana does.

I feel you. It especially makes me sad when others hate on the title track. That intro gives me chills every time, it's so beautiful to me...