annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I know she directly said that Honeymoon was less autobiographical but to me it seems that Honeymoon is the most autobiographical album she's done (minus maybe LDR). The fact that she's recently hinted at Lana Del Rey being a persona to her, I wonder if the other albums were autobiographical of the persona and Honeymoon was 'not autobiographical' because she was speaking as Lana Del Rey, a separate person in her mind than Lizzy Grant (of whom Honeymoon is actually autobiographical). My alternate theory is that she made the statement to protect herself in case Honeymoon was poorly received. It is nerve-wracking putting really personal material out there and to go ahead and distance herself from it would soften the blow if the overall consensus was that the album was bad. Then she could just blow it off ('I don't care, its not like it about me anyways'). Just some rambling thoughts. 

What did she say about Lana Del Rey just being a persona?

I think she talked about topics that are definitely personal to her like her distaste of fame and that she ended the record with DLMBM, but the relationships are probably imaginary or just partly autobiographical. I remember in one podcast it was said that the relationships she sings about seem more like a "carrier" to express deeper feelings. As far as we know she never was on a honeymoon :toofunny:

What did she say about Lana Del Rey just being a persona?

I think she talked about topics that are definitely personal to her like her distaste of fame and that she ended the record with DLMBM, but the relationships are probably imaginary or just partly autobiographical. I remember in one podcast it was said that the relationships she sings about seem more like a "carrier" to express deeper feelings. As far as we know she never was on a honeymoon :toofunny:

She didn't directly say it was a persona but I believe she referred to Lana Del Rey in third person recently which kind of opened a door of speculation that she really does see Lana as a persona. 

Obviously not all of the songs, but comparatively more songs on Honeymoon I think are backed by authentic relationships and emotions than on any of her other albums. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

So, what was Lana trying to say with Honeymoon? What's the history or the message after all?

Honeymoon has no story or message like Ultraviolence or Born to Die, but overall it's about being confident, care-free and independent.

Terrence Loves You and Honeymoon are the only sad songs about being lonely... but still, her life is a "honeymoon", just for herself, she doesn't need anyone. And in TLY she still has that "jazz", the memories.

The rest are like, "You left me? Bye bitch!"

Lana-Del-Rey-Gun.gif

@@PARADIXO

that is 100% wrong andI think you did misunderstand the album

There actually is nothing about any boy relationship in Honeymoon at all.

It is all 100% Elizabeth Grant & Lana Del Rey and the biggest dissertation on fame in the history of the recording industry

From the first moan in Honeymoon to the last breathe in Don't let me be misunderstood and there was a reason no filler, no extra bonus, just 1 to 14 then if one doesn't get it, rewind to 1 and listen entire again

btw- I think it was you that asked me to name one song I don't really like- that is easy and is one I never listen to-

that is the Cedric G. remix of Summertime sadness. Which is redundant. I only listen to the original version (and the version Lana sings in concert)

The song itself is great, but the remix is redundanly unneccesary.

(and one can take Summertime two ways, it either is about the suicide of  a friend, or its similar then in meaning to

Brian Hyland & Bobby Vinton's take on Sealed with a Kiss. (and of course, Lana did Bobby Vinton's Blue Velvet)

Lana and Bobby would make a great duet.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@PARADIXO

It is all 100% Elizabeth Grant & Lana Del Rey and the biggest dissertation on fame in the history of the recording industry

From the first moan in Honeymoon to the last breathe in Don't let me be misunderstood and there was a reason no filler, no extra bonus, just 1 to 14 then if one doesn't get it, rewind to 1 and listen entire again

btw- I think it was you that asked me to name one song I don't really like- that is easy and is one I never listen to-

that is the Cedric G. remix of Summertime sadness. Which is redundant. I only listen to the original version (and the version Lana sings in concert)

(and one can take Summertime two ways, it either is about the suicide of  a friend, or its similar then in meaning to

Brian Hyland & Bobby Vinton's take on Sealed with a Kiss. (and of course, Lana did Bobby Vinton's Blue Velvet)

I know most of them have a deeper meaning, I wasn't serious. It's still about being independent though.

And why would anyone consider that remix?? :deadbanana: is there any actual Lana song you don't like?

I know most of them have a deeper meaning, I wasn't serious. It's still about being independent though.

And why would anyone consider that remix?? :deadbanana: is there any actual Lana song you don't like?

idk why u still bother responding? that is trolling in its purest form from stat2finish :defeated:

idk why u still bother responding? that is trolling in its purest form from stat2finish :defeated:

No troll spends so much time writing Bible-sized posts, I take him seriously :rip:

@@PARADIXO

What drugs do you use when posting on here and listening to Lana?

graham4anything, on 04 Apr 2016 - 1:43 PM, said:

@@PARADIXO

btw- I think it was you that asked me to name one song I don't really like- that is easy and is one I never listen to-that is the Cedric G. remix of Summertime sadness. Which is redundant. I only listen to the original version (and the version Lana sings in concert)

(and one can take Summertime two ways, it either is about the suicide of a friend, or its similar then in meaning to

giphy.gif