annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

TEA.

she should talk more about her life her ideology and belief tbh. in a sarcastic way or poetry.

She's made a lot of references to people being unable to change in the face of God's will ('man makes plans and God laughs - why do I even bother to ask', 'what'd God give me a brain for, he won't let me use it', 'me and God we don't along', 'you know sometimes I think God's playing a little game with me'). She studied metaphysics; I feel like she can probably mine her spiritual and philosophical beliefs to make interesting, introspective lyrics. She has to have something more to talk about than lost love and fame being awful.

Maybe she's afraid that if she's too open, it'll come back to bite her. She said she kind of regretted writing FMWUTTT, even though it was really a departure from her usual topics. Unlike Brooklyn Baby, which I don't think is satirical, FMWUTTT is pure venom and maniacal glee. You think I had to sleep with the industry players to get to where I am? Fine, I'm still the dragon others pathetically try to imitate.

I don't want Lana to give us a philosophical manifesto in album format (although that would be neat  :creep:), but I'd really like to see the more pensive side of her that occasionally shines through her lyrics. From a handful of lyrics, we can see she has or had some kind of resentment that a higher power would toy with people and man's hopelessness to change in the face of fate. I'm curious!

Musically, I wish she'd have more variety with regards to tempo. I don't dislike her slow songs (being a Lana fan and hating slow songs is a special form of masochism), but I feel like Honeymoon drags on a bit. She's pretty flexible musically, if her unreleased stuff is anything to go by. Like other people, I think she's become complacent. But maybe she's not in the right place for a Dan Auerbach to challenge her. Maybe Honeymoon wasn't the right time for that. I do hope the next album is, though(although I'll buy any album she puts out, let's be real).

She's made a lot of references to people being unable to change in the face of God's will ('man makes plans and God laughs - why do I even bother to ask', 'what'd God give me a brain for, he won't let me use it', 'me and God we don't along', 'you know sometimes I think God's playing a little game with me'). She studied metaphysics; I feel like she can probably mine her spiritual and philosophical beliefs to make interesting, introspective lyrics. She has to have something more to talk about than lost love and fame being awful.

Maybe she's afraid that if she's too open, it'll come back to bite her. She said she kind of regretted writing FMWUTTT, even though it was really a departure from her usual topics. Unlike Brooklyn Baby, which I don't think is satirical, FMWUTTT is pure venom and maniacal glee. You think I had to sleep with the industry players to get to where I am? Fine, I'm still the dragon others pathetically try to imitate.

I don't want Lana to give us a philosophical manifesto in album format (although that would be neat  :creep:), but I'd really like to see the more pensive side of her that occasionally shines through her lyrics. From a handful of lyrics, we can see she has or had some kind of resentment that a higher power would toy with people and man's hopelessness to change in the face of fate. I'm curious!

Musically, I wish she'd have more variety with regards to tempo. I don't dislike her slow songs (being a Lana fan and hating slow songs is a special form of masochism), but I feel like Honeymoon drags on a bit. She's pretty flexible musically, if her unreleased stuff is anything to go by. Like other people, I think she's become complacent. But maybe she's not in the right place for a Dan Auerbach to challenge her. Maybe Honeymoon wasn't the right time for that. I do hope the next album is, though(although I'll buy any album she puts out, let's be real).

:legend:  :legend:  :worship:

let me be who i'm meant to be

I really liked your post. But I have to say that I don’t take seriously Lana’s interest in philosophy because besides some religious references and quoting some philosophical poetry she didn’t showed any interesting philosophical ideas in her work. Yes, she studied metaphysics but for me it’s more a misguided and superficial orientation from her, because, as she put it, she abhorred the idea of being involved in a regular boring activity, job. I respect Lana, she’s smart and talented but I don’t see her reading Kant, Hegel, Heidegger tbh. She’s more in the Rider Digest level of pseudo-philosophy, mysticism (she took out the RS journalist who interviewed her to a fortune teller). So a “philosophical manifesto” from Lana would be totally misguided as she would regurgitate all of these nonsenses in a burst of clichés burying her career for good (she’s not known for her lyrical subtlety). I have a slim hope for something close to the VG lyricism from her. Sound wise I just hope that she finds some energy, passion again in her singing. Depression and detachment is hard to listen to especially on several albums.

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

do we have any clue how far she has come with a new alberm?

No, but she's probably at like 10 songs at this point lol. But seriously she needs to take her time, work with new producers even pop producers idc .

do we have any clue how far she has come with a new alberm?

written and recorded 4 upbeat pop-ish songs, 3 rock-ish songs and a cover of Do Right but became unsatisfied with them really quickly and scrapped them and also blew up Rick's PC so noone could ever leak them. now she's writing slow "inner monologue" tracks which she will record with Dan Heath.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

No, but she's probably at like 10 songs at this point lol. But seriously she needs to take her time, work with new producers even pop producers idc .

AGREED! Honeymoon was done to early. Felt like she didn't actually mean to tell everyone about honeymoon, like she spilt it to early and then felt she had to released it asap.

lilkimxchapelle.png

Quite frankly if Lana wants to move on from the Honeymoon era already, I'm find with it. :candy:

Same. Except if she wants to film a mv for "Salvatore", which she'll never do. So we're back to square one. So same. 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

She didn't do a music video for gems like Sad Girl, Money Power and Glory or Pretty When I cry, forget about Salvatore. :facepalm:

Well ... PWIC .. Sorta ... Yeah, I abandoned the idea after Freak. It's cool that she did one more video for the era, at least..

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

the f*** we need to kick start this b****, whazzupp everyone? lets get this site going again..lol..

lets get some good convos going.. been awhile, where has everyone gone? i need excitement, LMFAO..

Ok, ok, i'll try decaf next time.. :burn:

i'll start, ..whom are your 3 fav gals these days? ME- Lizzy, Ashley, Melanie.. :D bye bitches.. :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin: 

the only time ive heard the song Honeymoon was when it premiered, after that nada

i want her to go back to making more iconic songs, the only iconic song in HM is MTWBT

sorry, but how do you make "iconic" songs? is there a formula? and how is MTWBT iconic? you have a clue what you are throwing around?