annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

just watching different music clips, and i so love the 2013 terra festival in argentina- intro/cola body electric and blue jeans..

lana all in white, barefeet on stage and her and the band sounding awesome.. the good ole days.. anyone here at that show?

:smokes2:

:rollin:

I was listening to Freak and I started wondering if it's maybe about Barrie. The 'come to California, be a freak like me too' and 'screw your anonymity' reminds me of Barrie moving to LA for Lana. And I'm sure they danced along to rock music and waxed poetic til they turned blue and whatnot :creep: Also 'you're cold as ice but when you're nice, you're so amazing in every way' probably references Barrie's depression

Also I realised the 'I'm rising up' line probably references 'Jim raised me up' from Ultraviolence

just watching different music clips, and i so love the 2013 terra festival in argentina- intro/cola body electric and blue jeans..

lana all in white, barefeet on stage and her and the band sounding awesome.. the good ole days.. anyone here at that show?

:smokes2:

:rollin:

Me!

I'm starting to think that Lana is really going to be making a BTD 2.0 next time around.

She has reclaimed her BTD auburn style in all of its glory.

B8SvQc3.jpg

And going out to events a lot more!

She was photographed with Justin Parker near the end of last year, probably writing new material for the next album:

pbmNL6m.jpg

And now she's with Emile Haynie again...

NLGV9dC.png

Plus, remember this from the interview in NME Magazine from December last year:

Your three Lana Del Rey albums have been very Californian in sound and imagery. But Lizzy Grant is from New York? Will you ever make a New York record?

"I feel like Born to Die had a lot of New York in it because I was in New York leading up to the time that the record came out, except for the time I was in London while working on it. I find it very easy to go back and forth between a New York state of mind and a California way of being, so I could see me making another New York record. It would be harder, faster, more upbeat and less dreamy."

I know this is just speculation, but judging by all of this, I seem to have a feeling she might want to make a record more in the vein of Born to Die again. I mean, it looks as if she could be working with Emile Haynie and Justin Parker again, who both worked on Born to Die, she's starting to act more like her BTD self (going out to more events, posting more often, and so on) and even changed her hair back to that style, plus she even stated in an interview she could see herself making another New York record.

What do y'all think? Time to open up an LDR 5 (Pre-Release and Discussion Thread) already?  :P

Justin Parker

I'm starting to think that Lana is really going to be making a BTD 2.0 next time around.

She has reclaimed her BTD auburn style in all of its glory.

And going out to events a lot more!

She was photographed with Justin Parker near the end of last year, probably writing new material for the next album:

And now she's with Emile Haynie again...

Plus, remember this from the interview in NME Magazine from December last year:

I know this is just speculation, but judging by all of this, I seem to have a feeling she might want to make a record more in the vein of Born to Die again. I mean, it looks as if she could be working with Emile Haynie and Justin Parker again, who both worked on Born to Die, she's starting to act more like her BTD self (going out to more events, posting more often, and so on) and even changed her hair back to that style, plus she even stated in an interview she could see herself making another New York record.

What do y'all think? Time to open up an LDR 5 (Pre-Release and Discussion Thread) already?  :P

I think that the Justin Parker photo is older (but VG>>>). Haynie it's pretty talented and I bet that they will do something different from BTD next time around. She's has grown out so much of BTD's sound and lyrics, it would be silly from her to come out with a BJ type of song

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

y'all just want her to sell even less than flops like Marina, don't you?

The weird thing about Marina "flopping" is she didn't do anything "wrong" musically (i.e., the singing and songwriting were strong relative to the usual suspects). Froot is a better pop album than HM, though HM is a better alt-indie (or traditional vocal?) album than Froot, so I'm not really competing them. And while Froot didn't outsell HM, it probably sold better than Art Angels, which was arguably better than Froot (and most everybody else) at pop. And while we're at it, lets stan a little for Enya, who released an album the same day as Adele's 25 ... and managed to outsell HM.  I'd certainly be there for an Enya/LDR co-tour just to see if their fanbases were additive or annihilative.

#takeMoreRisksInPop
#supportDiversityInPop