annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I think Rick Nowels said when they finished SS the first time, he knew instantly it would be a career song for her. I think as landmarks in her career, the three singles from HM stick out. I think that TBD, Religion, and Swan Song are also way better than some of her past discography and show her strengths in writing (the production isn't bad, it can just get tiresome in large amounts quickly, in my opinion anyway)

sorry, but how do you make "iconic" songs? is there a formula? and how is MTWBT iconic? you have a clue what you are throwing around?

who are you trying to come at lmao. whenever you respond to someone on LB you write with so much anger and sass, you need to calm down and stop being so bitter lol

and back on topic, when you think 'Lana Del Rey' , Video Games, West Coast, Born To Die, Ultraviolence, National Anthem, Ride, Blue Jeans, etc. come to mind because they are iconic. when you think 'Lana Del Rey' you pay no mind to HM because its the most useless thing that could ever happen to her discography, despite a few songs (around 3) theres no songs on HM that are career defining. HM is so bland it just becomes overshadowed by the greatness of BTD, PD, and UV. by iconic i meant songs that are career defining and you can recognize immediately. HM is just a bunch of demos with cheap beats and stolen uv visuals

who are you trying to come at lmao. whenever you respond to someone on LB you write with so much anger and sass, you need to calm down and stop being so bitter lol

and back on topic, when you think 'Lana Del Rey' , Video Games, West Coast, Born To Die, Ultraviolence, National Anthem, Ride, Blue Jeans, etc. come to mind because they are iconic. when you think 'Lana Del Rey' you pay no mind to HM because its the most useless thing that could ever happen to her discography, despite a few songs (around 3) theres no songs on HM that are career defining. HM is so bland it just becomes overshadowed by the greatness of BTD, PD, and UV. by iconic i meant songs that are career defining and you can recognize immediately. HM is just a bunch of demos with cheap beats and stolen uv visuals

I am sorry you can't handle when somebody asks you about a simple definition of what ICONIC is. This reads more like it's your problem. Your problems with me are not my problems. These are your problems.

And when I posted back in the summer that the songs she used as promo singles "Honeymoon", "High By The Beach", "Terrence Loves You" and "Music To Watch Boys To" were no career-highlights unlike "West Coast", "Shades Of Cool", "Brooklyn Baby", "Blue Jeans" or "Summertime Sadness" people on here were fighting with me that Blue Jeans was not a career-highlight.

As a matter of fact, I do agree with you that Honeymoon is full of filler material with a few standouts like "The Blackest Day", "Salvatore" or "Swan Song". The rest borders to boredom and therefor this record bombed rightfully.

It doesn't have legs, the material is just one big slow note. It does nothing to hold your attention.

Homegirl needs to fix this otherwise she can join her pal Gags and sing at retirement homes for a dollar and a dime.

I feel sort of bad because as HM was my first era and I met her on release day and stuff and everything happened so fast and so hard but on the other hand the music is so, damn, slow, I find myself wanting this era to be finish soon. I don't like feeling that way, I feel like it had so much potential. The only HM songs I'm listening to now are Salvatore, HBTB and Kristijan's remix of MTWBT and it makes me kind of sad. I listen to TLY when I'm depressed. I do love the other songs, genuinely really a lot actually, I love this album so much when I think about it, I think it's gorgeous, I'm not forcing myself to like it because of what happened, but I just don't have the energy to listen to it. No matter the pace of the songs, it feels like it doesn't have the same passion? I feel slightly guilty for listening to it in public because it's too slow to be enjoyed this way. This sounds ungrateful but I feel like with everything she described it was so extremely visual that what we got automatically seems watered down? Maybe because of budget or anything I don't know. I mean it's weird because the songs melodies are so good, the ambiance is so special, but maybe it's precisely too special to be really appreciated, the momentum has passed? I wish I knew.

But I feel a real break since 2016 began, a new vibe, a different energy. I mean it's obvious and it's been said many times before but when you see her hair colour and how younger it makes her look, her appearances (I cannot believe February happened), her looks in candids and videos, her obvious confidence, I wish I could see what's behind, what she's into right now what are her inspirations. I really have no idea what I want for the next album and I don't care enough about sales or producers or anything to have an idea but what I do care about is how happier she really seems right now and I'm grateful for that and I take it as an hopeful sign for the next record :) 

ZKcaooE.png

You always know when a Lana stan is working at a store, i was shopping the other day and Summertime Sadness was playing in the store and i was like "yessssss Lana" but didn;t think much of it.

Then Without You came on and i was like...

tumblr_n69fmy7n7s1tns60bo1_250.gif

Then You Can Be The Boss came on and i was like.....

Funny-Rihanna-GIFs.gif

Then Young and Beautiful came on and i said to my friend "omg a Lana stan works here!!!!" x

sorry, but how do you make "iconic" songs? is there a formula? and how is MTWBT iconic? you have a clue what you are throwing around?

Calling anything released in recent years iconic is false anyway.

You always know when a Lana stan is working at a store, i was shopping the other day and Summertime Sadness was playing in the store and i was like "yessssss Lana" but didn;t think much of it.

Then Without You came on and i was like...

tumblr_n69fmy7n7s1tns60bo1_250.gif

Then You Can Be The Boss came on and i was like.....

Funny-Rihanna-GIFs.gif

Then Young and Beautiful came on and i said to my friend "omg a Lana stan works here!!!!" x

ha that happened to me yesterday at a hairdresser's, they played Once Upon a Dream, Young and Beautiful, and West Coast until the manager got mad at him lmao

2dv4k7o.jpg

Terrence Loves You and The Blackest Day are the best songs of Honeymoon (for me, personally). TLY is just an amazing track, i would even call it a "career highlight" in terms of Lana writing one of her most beautiful songs, it's just so simple and beautiful. The Blackest Day is a really good track and the Bridge is one of the best parts of the whole HM Album.

I don't think Lana ~needs~ a longer break, she just needs some new, fresh and different inspiration and mood to write songs about and/or to work with them.

i76mrxw.png