annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Well, also, one was a cover, one track was an interlude of her reading a poem, and another song is what was thought to be her track she submitted for Bond (24). That's 3 tracks that were done easily. MTWBT was one of the tracks she worked on earliest, she did that one right after UV released. that's 4 of the tracks that were done quickly. those other 9 were written, recorded, mixed, remixed, everything in the 15 months that she pushed HM out in from the time UV released. I think she's working on the next record and she's going to TRY to keep that 15 month streak like she said she wants to do but we all know Lana, she can't promise anything because nothing's every certain with her... But that Insta pic tagged "Everyday" it makes it seem like she's putting something together already.

~~~~

If we get the next album in Dec. or Jan., we'll get more info around Sep. or Oct. 

nah, its just a hint for her cover/remix of Rocky's Everyday.

remember her lip sync vid of L$D?

we've cracked the code kids.

Mark Ronson, Miguel, Asap Rocky confirmed

LDR5 will be hiphop-inspired.

:troll:

giphy.gif

Ideally I'd like for LDR6 to come this year, but I'm not going to rush her because I know that whenever she releases it, it's going to be as spectacular as her last. That's something I really like about Lana, I can count on a good, solid release from her roughly every year or so. Preferably I'd like for her to go for a more upbeat, High By the Beach kinda vibe, but I'm happy either way.

Also I still don't like 24 or Art Deco.

Apart from DLMBM, I think those two are my least faves too, although I do see the appeal of them and like them better than some of her other songs from other albums. Just compared to all the other amazing tracks on HM they're kind of lacklustre for me anyway.

Honeymoon is a beautiful album. Like someone else said though, hoping for something different next time around with more energy. It's not that I think the album is boring, I just find I have to be in a very mellow mood to listen to it. I'll admit I've listened to it a lot less than BTD and UV. The last 3 songs of the album almost never get played for me.

I am hoping for something that's easier to listen to the next album, like Born to Die. I find with Ultraviolence, I have to be in a darker mood than usual to listen to it. With Honeymoon, again, I have to be in a mellow mood. Born to Die, while still dark a lot of the times, it just doesn't seem so demanding of the listener. For example, National Anthem still fits my mood while I'm down or upbeat. On Honeymoon, High by the Beach, is still pretty solemn imo, even when it's the most upbeat song on the album, and Ultraviolence, though I consider it her best overall album, it's pretty draining to listen to because it's so dark. It's not that I want her to revert to her old Born to Die sound, because I want her to keep evolving and growing as an artist. I just want something that's lighter and has more energy since UV and HM are much more demanding to listen to.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Just bumped here and saw some posts about her next album... Well, she posted pics from studio, and I've seen somewhere that this new album will be upbeat, more radio friendly, NY style (whatever that means), and it won't be dreamy.. So, yeah.. Just wanted to throw this bomb here

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Just bumped here and saw some posts about her next album... Well, she posted pics from studio, and I've seen somewhere that this new album will be upbeat, more radio friendly, NY style (whatever that means), and it won't be dreamy.. So, yeah.. Just wanted to throw this bomb here

except she never said that.

except she never said that.

LMAO, I'll kill myself.. Oh well, I was hoping it was true.. It was nice while it lasted 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I'm curious how this awkward festival "tour" will go for her. She has some high profile shows and I hope she'll do good and she'll get some positive publicity. I hoped for more dates, career wise I think that she needs to go to places like Australia and Brazil, to tour extensively in Europe and in the UK.

Instead, we don't have any information about the set-list or about anything else, at least she could build some anticipation, but nothing... 

I noticed that Buster Keaton instagram post just before the start of her tour, I'm so tired of this... We got it, she's depressed but she needs to do something about it because this attitude is just alienating everybody, sooner or later.

I have a feeling that her next album will be her last.

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

well since we didnt even have a tour for honeymoon this festival tour isn't as "awkward" as some people make it seem. she's just gonna perform her usual set songs + some of hm (probably 3 or 4). i didn't draw any connection between the tour and the instagram post.

i76mrxw.png 

a few hours after the 1st show of the 2016 tour, set list will be on the set-list site on the net. Same with every concert in the past and future.

Never heard of anyone releasing a set list prior to a concert.

Expect 90% of the songs will be the same each night, with possibly 1 to 4 alternating in different places, with perhaps some partials, but the majority will be the same

and keeping in mind, Europe did not hear live any of the Ultraviolence nor Honeymoon songs, and that fans expect and would be extremely disappointed if

some key songs aren't sung.

Not to mention no one with the number of songs Lana has (now over 385) could sing them all, so of course some will get shafted.

And if any new songs leak, expect someone to yell up, and Lana to possibly sing accapella a verse of that song.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

as for the Instagram Buster Keaton, a whole lot of possibilities

​interesting is that it says Smile, as Smile, the song was written by Charlie Chaplin, a friend and contemporary of Buster Keaton

Buster ​Keaton has  had a major rediscovery in America and the world lately

​ 

​Could it be a new movie is in the works?  I recall a one word tweet a few years ago with the word "GATSBY"

or is the word SMILE itself the focus more than Keaton, who is after all one of the greatest and most funny, comedians.

​Does Smile mean a sunnier new album???

​stay tuned.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I'm curious how this awkward festival "tour" will go for her. She has some high profile shows and I hope she'll do good and she'll get some positive publicity. I hoped for more dates, career wise I think that she needs to go to places like Australia and Brazil, to tour extensively in Europe and in the UK.

Instead, we don't have any information about the set-list or about anything else, at least she could build some anticipation, but nothing... 

I noticed that Buster Keaton instagram post just before the start of her tour, I'm so tired of this... We got it, she's depressed but she needs to do something about it because this attitude is just alienating everybody, sooner or later.

LMFAO. You do know that tracklists NEVER EVER get released in advance? 

Why should she tour Australia and Brazil when it is so expensive to even get there and where she can not play six or seven gigs to make it profitable?

This is simply not economic.

Maybe her next album won't be her last, but for sure you should have stopped caring about her a while ago.

Yes, agree on some of this, and its kind of sad really..but true. I dont think they will plan any kind of world tour at this point.

well, i guess we have what we have.. the festival dates to date. Shes toured the world in the past 5 years already so whether she want to do it all again, i kind of doubt,

Time will tell. Will be interesting to see the turn out to these shows and the reviews and performances at them and how they are received by the attendees..

stay tuned y'all.. the times are achanging.. LOL

LMFAO. You do know that tracklists NEVER EVER get released in advance? 

Why should she tour Australia and Brazil when it is so expensive to even get there and where she can not play six or seven gigs to make it profitable?

This is simply not economic.

Maybe her next album won't be her last, but for sure you should have stopped caring about her a while ago.

Says the one who constantly babbles on about how Lana needs to save her career....