annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

So at this point, considering all the mvs that were teased but never released, how many videos are just casually sitting in the recycle bin on her laptop

Dark Paradise, Cola, Pretty when you cry, Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You, Original Ultraviolence, Brooklyn Baby so around 7 videos

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Dark Paradise, Cola, Pretty when you cry, Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You, Original Ultraviolence, Brooklyn Baby so around 7 videos

All of this (potentially amazing) footage, and she lets it all gather dust. I think that once shes wrapped up mixing ldr5 , she should do a montage of her best work including this unused footage, and then announce the album cover/title of whats next. *Boom* Easy promo. Fans happy. Record label happy

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Don't know ehy everyone's thinking there is a TLY video.

Dark Paradis is not to confirmed to have ever been done (like Black Beauty, she just mentined she'd like to make a video).

Don't really know where your ideas of videos for Cola and BBY come from either way.

So the confirmed non-released vids are HM, PWYC and the original UV

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Dark Paradis is not to confirmed to have ever been done (like Black Beauty, she just mentined she'd like to make a video).

Don't really know where your ideas of videos for Cola and BBY come from either way.

BBY didn't she tease it in the UV trailer with Bradley jumping on a mattress and feathers falling I'm pretty sure that's unseen footage

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

BBY didn't she tease it in the UV trailer with Bradley jumping on a mattress and feathers falling I'm pretty sure that's unseen footage

I think it was just extra footage shot for West Coast. Bradley said the original video was a lot more different

VyIsfwC.jpg

She once said she was going to make a video for Cola with Anthony Mandler.

Yeah I agree her music has never failed which is the most important part so as long as her next album delivers ill be happy regardless, its just that her videos are so iconic she needs to get back to that level. I agree about the promo too, she hardly does anything now which is a shame because it always great to see her perform live. I do hope the videos come back in full force though as I doubt she will ever go back to the promo she used to during the BTD era.

I'd like it if she even just did a live performance in a small studio with no audience, just for her youtube so we could get to hear her sing some of the songs live.

I agree with everything you said. I'd love the live performances in a small studio. I listen to acoustic and live versions of her time so much now. Here's some of my favorites you might like if you haven't heard them already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5lEVrPkr2c

+ 2012 iTunes Festival performances

I don't really care about promo as much for the popularity/$$ aspect (as long as she makes enough $$ to keep making music), it just was nice to get so many live performances and interviews. I want her BTD-level videos back more than anything, though.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I agree with everything you said. I'd love the live performances in a small studio. I listen to acoustic and live versions of her time so much now. Here's some of my favorites you might like if you haven't heard them already:

I don't really care about promo as much for the popularity/$$ aspect (as long as she makes enough $$ to keep making music), it just was nice to get so many live performances and interviews. I want her BTD-level videos back more than anything, though.

Yeah I don't really pay much attention to sales and charts for any artist I like really. Its nice when an album goes to number 1 or a hit single, but It doesn't really affect us fans so I don't really care so much. I do think promo would actually help sales etc though so maybe it is the reason we don't get the glossy videos anymore as there isn't a big budget for them, which is a shame.

Those video's are great, I hadn't heard Ride before so that was nice to listen too! The ones she did at The Premises is the type I was talking about just exclusively for her youtube channel. I imagine those videos would count towards streaming for her album sales too!

Ariana Grande recently released loads of videos where she performed new songs off her album at a small show, but it was filmed professionally and put on her channel which is so smart. I wish Lana would do something like that since she tours anyway and we could get to hear some of the album songs live in good quality. 

qsVmBMd.png

She can't make the same level videos like during BTD if her shit ain't selling like crazy though. And of course you want your fave to be successful. Like who doesn't want their fave to be successful and doing great?  :rip:

Yeah I don't really pay much attention to sales and charts for any artist I like really. Its nice when an album goes to number 1 or a hit single, but It doesn't really affect us fans so I don't really care so much. I do think promo would actually help sales etc though so maybe it is the reason we don't get the glossy videos anymore as there isn't a big budget for them, which is a shame.

Those video's are great, I hadn't heard Ride before so that was nice to listen too! The ones she did at The Premises is the type I was talking about just exclusively for her youtube channel. I imagine those videos would count towards streaming for her album sales too!

Ariana Grande recently released loads of videos where she performed new songs off her album at a small show, but it was filmed professionally and put on her channel which is so smart. I wish Lana would do something like that since she tours anyway and we could get to hear some of the album songs live in good quality. 

Yeah, I hope she sells enough to have the freedom to make what she wants musically and cinematically as well. And I'm glad you liked Ride! That's a really good idea for Lana to do what Ariana did also. You're right, it would help her get more $$ and would be good for fans. I hate how there's basically nothing live from UV that we can listen to in good quality without fans screaming. Luckily, we got HBTB, TLY, and HM from that one radio interview, and we have a lot from BTD.

She can't make the same level videos like during BTD if her shit ain't selling like crazy though. And of course you want your fave to be successful. Like who doesn't want their fave to be successful and doing great?  :rip:

Yeah, I agree 100% 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I do believe the new album will be surprise released streaming exclusive like Drake and Rihanna and Beyoncé did

the music industry is going in that direction and then a few weeks later mass released.

Those streaming places offer good deals and that way it can be dropped in an instance (and if someone else is doing that

the same week, they would know and move it to a different week.

Chance the Rapper did this last week and became the first album to chart high doing so with only streaming points on Billboard

(and yes I know someone said someone said someone said Lana said she wouldn't do that, but that was a while ago,

and, of course, one doesn't let one in on a surprise, because it wouldn't be a surprise then would it?

After all, without the surprise Drake drop, Lana had a mega-lead that week for a sure-shot #1 record.

Once bitten twice shy

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I do believe the new album will be surprise released streaming exclusive like Drake and Rihanna and Beyoncé did

the music industry is going in that direction and then a few weeks later mass released.

Can we stop comparing Lana with these artists? I don't listen to any of them because frankly I don't like pop music. Lana is/was one of the few exceptions for me because she is borderline pop. But even with my little knowledge on Drake and co. I know that these artists are megastars, who are capable to put up a show while Lana isn't. She cannot handle the limelight and she became the definition of anticlimactic since UV came out. Tbh I don't care about the way she'll put out her next record. It won't matter, at least commercially. The only thing that still interests me about her next record is her voice and the music (and maybe the upcoming meltdowns in her career  :creep:)   

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers