annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I’ll never understand the hate either. To me the album feels very special even though it’s not her best in my opinion. If you don’t like it just move on and listen to something else. And comparing the album to a fake orgasm? WTF  :biblio:

Just to add something: For me, certain songs on Honeymoon do not really stand out like on her other albums. Instead, it feels like a really cohesive piece of work and that's why I like it the most of her albums. I love to just play Honeymoon start to end, something I rarely do with her other albums.

image.png

Songs I can keep coming back to are High By The Beach, Salvatore, THe Blackest Day, Art Deco and Swan Song. Terrence Loves You is sometimes cute, too

Will never forgive her for never making Salvatore a single with a great video. It was screaming "hit in Europe" all over.

Songs I can keep coming back to are High By The Beach, Salvatore, THe Blackest Day, Art Deco and Swan Song. Terrence Loves You is sometimes cute, too

Will never forgive her for never making Salvatore a single with a great video. It was screaming "hit in Europe" all over.

Salvatore is the highlight of HM for me and I don't understand why it's not even a single. Is it Lana who picks the singles or is that the label?

I believe that Honeymoon is her most cohesive album. Born to Die is great, but it feels a little all over the place. Ultraviolence is my favorite album of hers, but it loses its focus towards the end with the bonus tracks. Honeymoon's lyrical style is consistent, but not repetitive like BTD's. It's also refreshing to get this new perspective from Lana. I love every track on Honeymoon besides Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

I believe that Honeymoon is her most cohesive album. Born to Die is great, but it feels a little all over the place. Ultraviolence is my favorite album of hers, but it loses its focus towards the end with the bonus tracks. Honeymoon's lyrical style is consistent, but not repetitive like BTD's. It's also refreshing to get this new perspective from Lana. I love every track on Honeymoon besides Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

I definitly respect your opinion, but you can't say UV loses focus at the end when you refer to the BONUS tracks.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

But even then, The Other Woman is jarring right after Old Money. Just my opinion

If you think about it, it's very fitting. The album starts summery and gets darker and darker, the mood changes from damsel in distress to sad to bitter ... then, at the peek of bitterness, everything stands still snd we hear OM, Lana thinks about the better tines with another lover. And then we get TOW. It has a warm and comfortable sound, yet the lyrics fit the dark story of UV. Kind of a moment of kalopsia, everything gets this retro-filter. Yet, this does not change anything about the sad truth: the other woman will die alone

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

idk for me personally it's difficult to compare the different Lana albums since they all have a different feel and mood to it and for me all of them are great. That being said UV is still her best album to date