annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

i feel like honeymoon was "instant gratification" for me...like the production was more btd-esque and you had instantly catchy songs like hbtb and the blackest day. also terrence loves you i absolutely adore. but other than like my top 3 songs i really stopped listening to the album after a month or so. whereas, with UV, i was originally kind of disappointed but now i keep coming back to it and appreciating it more and more. 

Officially, for the Grammy awards on live Feb. 12, (Lincoln's Birthday) 2017, to be announced in December,

is anything from Honeymoon eligible that wasn't eligible in 2016?
Also, what else from 2016 would be eligible for this years awards? (the year goes from end of Sept-Sept)

Her song from the Daniel Johnston movie?
Her duet with Weeknd somehow being event of year as she went on stage with him?

Or would it just be best artist, best female vocalist, best folk/alternative/country something or other???

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

HM isn't a bad album (it's rather mediocre). I have a feeling that Lana could write 1000 songs like those on HM which underlines her undeniable talent as a songwriter. But she's too relaxed about her career and I'm afraid that she just lost interest in conveying, representing something and keeping the interest around her. I can understand her reasons for winding down her career but is frustrating nonetheless. Not singing live her material from UV and especially HM (some very good songs) is lazy and inexcusable. I really don't see the point for her to come out with another album unless she changes her attitude

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

I have to be in a very certain mood to listen to this album and when I'm in it, listening to it feels orgasmic almost

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Did Lana not write all her own songs on Honeymoon? on LanaWiki is has Rock Nowels listed as a writer on all the tracks (except for the nina simone cover obviously)

Lana writes the words and melodies, Rick the chords and stuff.