annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

This is the longest she's gone without releasing music (since she first came out with BTD).

I feel like whatever's coming next will be good just because she's taking her time with it.

Plus even though Honeymoon was a flop, it was her most well received album critically.

Even though it may feel like longer, it's only been 13 months since honeymoon was released. If you're referring to the time period between albums, the gap between Paradise and UV is 19 months...sooo maybe she's working on something as great as UV atm

Even though it may feel like longer, it's only been 13 months since honeymoon was released. If you're referring to the time period between albums, the gap between Paradise and UV is 19 months...sooo maybe she's working on something as great as UV atm

But in between we still got Young & Beautiful, Summer Wine, Chelsea Hotel. And tropico, which I know isn't a new track but at least it was something.

But since Honeymoon we've gotten nooothing.

In the brand new Billboard Twitter Trending top 140 chart, both Salvatore and Music to watch are trending...

Have I missed some reason in the last few days both of these songs are?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i feel like Lana has no problem with her sales/her declining 'fame'. In fact, I think she's given up on maintaining her fame because she hated it and doesn't want to live like that. Her lifestyle is much more chill now, and she's always said it was the music that kept her going, not the number of albums sold. do y'all really think she cares?

Ok, if she doesn't care, then give us the albums for free

More than that actually, but at least she got new fans that were not so much into BTD, It didn't entirely help, but at least prevented UV from bombing.

Well, you better tell me: from 6 million to under 700k within 3 years.

If her sales keep decreasing like that, she'll have start crowdfunding her albums at some point.  :toofunny:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

i think the singles shouldve gone like this

1. Music To Watch Boys To (lead with a big budget vid and promo)

2. Terrence Loves You (video couldve been photoshoot inspired. like shes having a photoshoot in bel air but she cant stop thinking about her lover)

3. High By The Beach (same video but with better promo)

4. Freak (could be the same footage, but with more cohesive editing, color correction, and without the random part at the end. or atleast add a dialogue to it)

i think the singles shouldve gone like this

1. Music To Watch Boys To (lead with a big budget vid and promo)

2. Terrence Loves You (video couldve been photoshoot inspired. like shes having a photoshoot in bel air but she cant stop thinking about her lover)

3. High By The Beach (same video but with better promo)

4. Freak (could be the same footage, but with more cohesive editing, color correction, and without the random part at the end. or atleast add a dialogue to it)

No

its the same singles, just in a different order that i think wouldve worked better

They would have not worked as much as they now.

HBTB was a good idea for a lead, but it was not promoted properly. Same for MTWBT

TLY was a promo single and not even a very good one. Freak is not a single aswell, it just got a f*cking music video.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

its the same singles, just in a different order that i think wouldve worked better

No since HBTB was the only obvious single on that album. I don't even know why she thought that the title track and TLY were great promo singles. MTWBT is actually a grower, but it doesn't work as a single