annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

i really would like lana to release more of her writing process and behind the scenes. i wish more artists did what LINKIN PARK did when they released their albums with the DVDs of the making of said albums.

i really would like lana to release more of her writing process and behind the scenes. i wish more artists did what LINKIN PARK did when they released their albums with the DVDs of the making of said albums.

Imagine having these kind of videos from Lana in the studio.  :defeated:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Imagine having these kind of videos from Lana in the studio.  

she could have released at least a BTS video from the filming of TROPICO - would have been so cool - she could have sold it as a DVD-set. 

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Hmmmmm i agree that HBTB is the only obvious single of the album.

MTWBT and Freak may have been better off with a radio edit, some sort of variation of the album version. I mean maaaaybe Blackest Day would have worked as a final single but if HBTB didn't go far, I doubt TBD would do any better.

Hmmmmm i agree that HBTB is the only obvious single of the album.

MTWBT and Freak may have been better off with a radio edit, some sort of variation of the album version. I mean maaaaybe Blackest Day would have worked as a final single but if HBTB didn't go far, I doubt TBD would do any better.

am i the only one who feels like singles dont necessarily have to be songs that will potentially become hits. i feel like singles are picked because they generally represent the album and one of its strongpoints

I hate it when you hear an album and you know what songs could be singles and these songs will be singles.

I wish someone would release a single that doesn't scream single when you first hear it on the album.

Mfhp.gif

GOD Honeymoon (title track) is so stunning. :defeated:

truly underappreciated. why does everyone think it's boring? :(

i prefer the live version she's been performing. it brings it to life. if i listen to the original - i have to watch the music video since it gives it that afterlife feeling. 

i hate it cause it has the same structure as TLY only that TLY is way better. the chorus is repetitive and doesnt add any depth to the song. the harmony of the verses is nonexistent, shes like talking but dragging her words in it. all in all, even though its the title track its not important nor eventful, the song could be taken off the tracklist and the album would be unaffected

i hate it cause it has the same structure as TLY only that TLY is way better. the chorus is repetitive and doesnt add any depth to the song. the harmony of the verses is nonexistent, shes like talking but dragging her words in it. all in all, even though its the title track its not important nor eventful, the song could be taken off the tracklist and the album would be unaffected

LOL whenever I listen to Honeymoon, I usually start with MTWBT because I don't care about the title track, like, at all. And I actually deleted Burnt Norton from my iTunes library.  :oopna:  :byeh8rs2:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Yeah!! It's so cinematographic, looks like a theme song from an old Hollywood movie imo! :flutter:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Hey yall!!! If you want to listen to HM while watching something then watch this:

It matches amazingly with the album. Make sure you start at 0:00:13. Then you can listen to HM from beginning to finish with lovely visuals. Surfing videos go amazingly well with HM imo. Obviously put the video on mute. Anyway, thought it was cool to share.

Also, if you'd like to see another cool vintage surf video while listening to HM then try this:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

This album has demanded such a long time and deep patience to sink into. But it was truly rewarding. After more than one year I can truly say this is a cinematic masterpiece from the first song to the last and it´s the best Lana album yet. Every song feels like Sofia Coppola´s movie.