annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

The only song I really can't get into right now is 24. I can't put my finger on why, really. Swan Song (especially) and DLMBM grew on me so much once we got hq. The production on Swan Song is fucking insane. 

The only song I really can't get into right now is 24. I can't put my finger on why, really. Swan Song (especially) and DLMBM grew on me so much once we got hq. The production on Swan Song is fucking insane. 

Fully agree, Swan Song truly is a work of art. I started listening more and more to 24 and I'm gradually starting to like it. Heck, I can't find a song I don't like, the whole album is honestly superb. 

obUZKpb.gif

Art Deco, Freak, The Blackest Day, God Knows I Tried, Terrence, Religion and High By The Beach all slay, but the rest is wack. 

24 is just flat out boring. Only listened to it like 3 times, probably won't listen to it again. Swan Song is cute, but it's just whatever. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood is so unnecessary, and Honeymoon is just horrible. 

MTWBT is nice, but it just doesn't go anywhere. I wish the chorus was a little bit more powerful, but her vocals are just so monotone. And Salvatore is alright, again, I wish the production was better. It only picks up at the end, and the lyrics are messy.

I also agree with the person who said the lyrics on this album are a little bit disappointing. Compared to BTD and Paradise, Ultra and Honeymoon's lyrics sound half-assed. There are some songs that have beautiful lyrics like TBD, and Terrence. But songs like HBTB and GKIT (even though I love them) lack in comparison.

I wish Lana would try a little harder with the chorus' and I wish the production was more upbeat. It doesn't have to sound like BTD, but just not so damn slow. Like I swear, I had to sped-up some of the songs cause they were just soooooo slow. I like the album as a whole, and I'll always love Lana, but can she get a little bit more life in her songs?

As a whole, I would rate the album like this:

1. Honeymoon - 2
  2. MTWBT - 6.8
  3. TERRENCE - 9.6
  4. GKIT - 10
  5. HBTB - 8.9
  6. Freak - 8
  7. ART DECO - 9
  8. RELIGION - 9.6
  9. SALVATORE - 4
  10. TBD - 10
  11. 24 - 3
  12. Swan - 5
  13. DLMBM - 1

Score: 7/10

lLUmyu8.gif

Who was the person who asked if Big Eyes/I Can Fly would be a taste of what Honeymoon would sound like?

Because I'm definitely hearing some Big Eyes similarities on 24 (and maybe a few others on the second half) and not sure if that makes me happy or sad or if I just don't care because it's all flawless. 

I also will say that while I love the album, I also kinda wish she had continued in her "golden age of jazz" direction that she mentioned when she first started talking about Honeymoon. I just love her jazz covers so much  :toofunny:

I also will say that while I love the album, I also kinda wish she had continued in her "golden age of jazz" direction that she mentioned when she first started talking about Honeymoon. I just love her jazz covers so much  :toofunny:

I'm honestly missing the orchestras. I want more pomp. :notamused:

There's a few things that I'd like to discuss!! First I can't help but to think as OTTR, Carmen and now Salvatore as some sort of a trilogy in the theme and vibe.

OTTR and Salvatore ... MAYBE. But very vaguely. I don't really get why people feel the need to relate those two though.

But Carmen? It has a lot of strings but .. yeah.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!