annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I swear the "Why" in Art Deco is the same "Why" at the start of Born To Die??? Anyone else here this

It doesn't sound the same to me personally, but several ppl mentioned this already so there must be some truth to it.

I found one in 256 m4a, and it sounds like 256. It could possibly be upsized, but either way, it has the full GKIT and sounds good. It was some tumblr link to Zippyshare called "Huntymoon".

On another note, this album coming in a jewel case means that UV is the only one I have that's a digipak.  :toofunny:

My target has jewel cases and digipak, you should check 

I'm coming back from running under London's absolutely pouring rain and I blasted Religion on and I no longer fear nor doubt the existence of God I mean the experience of this song's lyrics and melody and rhythm and all the nature going crazy was more revealing than any mass I ever attended

ZKcaooE.png

the lyrics are so weak on this albummmm. 

born to die will 4ever be her best album(even tho i like AKA more) cuz its a collection of songs she worked on for a while, recording multiple versions with multiple producers, exploring the different sounds and lyrics. it also explores orchestral trip hop or w/e which is pretty fuckin cool.

if honeymoon had better lyrics, it would be her best album. i'd really like to hear an album full of remade/reworked old songs to sound like honeymoon.

I agree with most of this Cuz BTD FOREVERRRR! (didnt really fuxx with AKA tbh).

I mean her lyrics are fine, Salvatore chorus was improvised as fuck. I still FUX with that song heavy tho.

So I just listened to HM for the first time and I feel like every song reached my expectations! (minus MTWBT)

I really like God Knows I Tried, Freak, The Blackest Day & Salvatore!

I feel like Swan Song isn't finished yet and sounds like a demo hmm.. Art Deco is growing on me.

DLMBM is a really nice cover, although I think Simones' version can't be beaten.

I think 24 becomes better after the second chorus, therefore it isn't really special.

I'm really happy I bought the album, can't wait to hold it in my hands on friday!

Take me on a honeymoon to Paris.

There's not a single song I would skip on this album! Even DLMBM, I know not everyone's crazy about it but I personally really enjoy it and think it works well as an album closer! I really love Burnt Norton too, it's lovely to hear her speaking voice so eloquently reading that poem and the backing track is so interesting!

There's not a single track I would skip on this album, everything is just so pleasing to listen to! The album is absolutely consuming me and I love it!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I like HM, it's not great but it's not bad either. It's actually her best music yet for a chill/relaxing afternoon at home. It feels kind of compilation of all she did up to this point, like a transitional record before something more ambitious