Sign in to follow this  
ilovetati

Honeymoon Reviews and Metascore

I think that her score will be over 70 in the end and that is the best you can hope for a divisive artist like Lana. I was far more pessimist just a few days ago.

I'm more concerned that she lost a lot of her core fanbase. Selling just 110k in the US compared with 180k of UV and not getting past Gilmour in the UK (will be her first #2 there) the desertion it's real.

It's 75/100

Is better than any of her previous albums

It's a 60/100.

110k sold are those the accurate real numbers or just speculation..

i disagree totally. The core fanbase will remain intact. (or mostly intact for now at least..)

I think its the 'new' potential fans, that are not on board, cause they don't know Lana.

plus- if this fanbase dissapears forever tomorrow, cause her fans all dissapear..

i'll be one soldier standing tall loving Lizzy Grant. Till the end of time bitches.. remember that y'all..

the atr guy youtube review vid was absolutely fucking hilarious.. super funny.. i laughed my ass of literally..

when he does the experiment.. falls asleep while driving.. floating in the pool.. the entire vid recieved very good respones

from most people who watched it, even die hard fans laughed their ass off.. :omfg2: :omfg2: :omfg2:

i wouldnt say his honeymoon song review was positive. he said it was OK but didnt really like it all that much

tbh- he did not like it all. its obvious. no wonder Lana shuts out alot of these interviews and picks and chooses.

Review from VG (17.09.15)

Rating: 2/6

Fourteen shades of Rey.

For a personality who has to a huge degree not only understood, but claimed the Hollywood's stereotype, it's kinda appealing to believe that Lana Del Rey is on her way to become a stereotype herself.  

Her third album (or fourth, or fifth, it depends on how you count them), is less of the mystical, immoral darkness that marked last years "Ultraviolence", and is more of the tenacious orchestration and obscure choruses that made "Born To Die" into an album that sold millions of copies. 

Also read: Lana Del Rey - I wish I was dead

No surprise, really. Ultraviolence disappeared fast from the VG's charts compared to the breakthrough album, and Norway wasn't the only market where the album hit a rough patch in the sales department. 

So far the stile wise setback doesn't seem to make a commercial difference. The single "High By The Beach" hasn't had a breakthrough unless you take notice of how Billboard happily announced that it went straight into seventh place, and later corrected it to... ehm... 51'st place. 

After Born To Die, Elizabeth Woolridge Grant (what's still written on her mailbox), denied that she would release more music. She said she wanted to convey instead. 

That self reflective trait should the 30 year old bring back into her life again. 

Her universe of songs, visuals and brutally superficial aesthetics is placed in a glamorized place between the fifties and the sixties, in the movie version of California. Still cool and delicious. But no longer interesting to listen to. 

It's rather single tracked, monotone and boring. The tricks have been re-used again and again. 

The recipe of the songs is somewhat like this: Sing dark in the chorus. Sing in falsetto on the bridge to the chorus. Add some longing to the chorus. Let everything drone on so slowly that you're no longer sure if the song goes forward or backwards. Nancy Sinatra is lightly smeared over the whole thing. At one point there's something that more than just resembles the riff to "You Only Live Twice."

The lyrics accessories itself by referring to David Bowies "Space Oddity" (Terrence Loves You), through the friend Azealia Banks on "Art Deco", a T.S Eliot Poem (!), and just like Ultraviolence, a Nina Simone Cover (Don't let me be misunderstood).

"Salvatore" is about ice cream, intimidating manly creatures, and limousines in Italy. "24" is about all the hours of the day and night you have to work for love. "Religion" is about how some dude is Lana's religion (has nothing to do with the Vålerenga song*)* a footbal team from Norway, they suck btw. 

Conceptual it's not all that bad. But it's produced in a way that you almost can't notice it - and it's dragged over 14 songs and close to 66 minutes. 

The only good argument about the length of the album must be that the listener becomes hypnotized and numb. By the time you have escaped the album you're completely brainwashed by the repetition and is ready to believe anything... Like claiming that this is her best album so far. Which is far from the truth. 

Inane, but the background mood remains clear throughout the whole album in every way. 

If you wanted to mass-produce music the same way as wallpaper, then "Honeymoon" would be presented as someone's boldly self-assured pioneer work. 

:bye2:

Translater - out. 

1olt2g.jpg