Sign in to follow this  
ilovetati

Honeymoon Reviews and Metascore

Because of the melodramatic tones and slowness of the album and the length of the songs some critics have difficulties to even listen to it properly. She's not everybody's cup of tea and I'm fine with that. She had good reviews back to back from Pitchfork tho which is quite a feat. If it remains above 70 it's fine tbh, 75 would be nice and I'm agreeing here with Pitchfork: HM is marginally better than UV and both of them are clearly better than BTD.

A 4/5 review in the Herald Sun - Melbourne's biggest and shittiest newspaper

tumblr_nv5lejmuc11ts8ukho1_1280.jpg

That shit would have got 5/5 if the critic didn't have a problem with the album being slow and 'lazy'.

Well I guess our miss Del Rey is too 'alternative' for absolutely any critic to understand and appreciate

So, MetaCritic needs to add:

85-Absolute Punk

67-Consequence of Sound

Still waiting on reviews from Q Magazine (new edition on Tuesday...this one is weighted heavily), Boston Globe, Pop Matters, Austin Chronicle, The 405, A.V. Club, Under the Radar, Clash Magazine, Paste Magazine, Drowned in Sound, No Ripcord. I would say Fact Magazine, but they seemed to have stop reviewing recently?