Sign in to follow this  
Subversive

Virgin Radio France live acoustic session

Yes tbh I think it's a positive experience, she looked very happy and proud! I do have the 36mins recorded if anyone wants :rip:

Please post it. We should have all interviews she does for the sake of completeness if nothing else.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Drake will release later on and he outsells everybody right now. His last mixtape sold round 500k during the first week. He will easily block her. 

Dave Gilmour has stronger physical sales and was 11k ahead of her after the first day in the UK.

Poor ha :/

EotAQlJ.jpg

Lana is really lucky that she is able to release the music she wants and be successful in the first place. These numbers aren't bad at all but her real problem is longevity

She seems happy about this record so I'm hoping she won't abandon it like UV.

It's been #1 in the US on ITunes for 3 days now, and was #1 for 3 days when the advance purchase became available. (plus all the other sources and physical purchases Billboard counts in the USA.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

It's been #1 in the US on ITunes for 3 days now, and was #1 for 3 days when the advance purchase became available. (plus all the other sources and physical purchases Billboard counts in the USA.)

Drake will outsell her regardless. He is currently outselling everybody besides Taylor and Eminem.

I actually liked this interview. Gave me some insight into her process of turing Honeymoon from a "jazz" record into what it is now. I remember her saying all these things about how Honeymoon was gonna resemble the "golden age of jazz" and all that, which is pretty different from the end result. Interesting to hear her thought process on that.

Well, you didn't even buy UV if I remember correctly so I am not quite sure why you were interested in the first place. But I am sure you bought the crap that artflop was.

x)

I did buy UV ok lol

And I was asking about the US and UK, it's not like me buying an album will have an impact there

EotAQlJ.jpg

Trouble with releasing with weeks/month in advance is it allows some major tacky singles artist to do a surprise drop. All part of the game. But then this mixtape has zero physical release so there is no need for a set-up in advance.

(so basically it is cheating, like how Mariah Carey got almost all her #1 singles).

#2 or #3 is still great (sorry to disappoint you).

It will be considered Lana's 4th Top 10 album in the USA (as the official historian of Billboard counts Paradise in the tally in his books. With a #1 forever hers with Ultraviolence.

Very few album oriented artists ever have had that many. (not talking about the single whores that sell their soul). (She now has more than Grateful Dead, Leonard Cohen, Amy Winehouse, the list is endless).

Lana also forever has a recorded in the books #16  R&B/HipHop single with her duet with Weeknd. Not all that many white artists can lay claim to that. (and if it is released later on as an actual single, it would go even higher.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp