brooklynbaby91

Azealia comments on "Art Deco" diss track rumors

i'd never in a million years take this to be about azealia. when i listened to art deco i didn't even think "this is about one specific person and it is completely literal, who could it be about?"

isn't it a lot more likely she was inspired by certain things, even maybe some films, poetry, etc and created it? rather than "i'm going to write a song about azealia banks, someone i know but am probably not that close to when it comes down to it"

come on

I thought Art Deco was in Azealia's favor though "shining like a medal" "the queen of the downton scene" "you're not mean" etc. like it's a huge compliment wtf

Gunmetal

I agree, it's just a character study.

u6pq4c9.gif

First, nobody knows who Art Deco is about except Lana. It might not be about anybody at all. 

Second, while Azealia Banks has her own problems, her reaction isn't all that weird considering that Lana stans are bugging her into commenting on a song that may not even have anything to do with her. They're creating drama where there isn't any and acting like it's AB's fault.

giphy.gif

First, nobody knows who Art Deco is about except Lana. It might not be about anybody at all. 

Second, while Azealia Banks has her own problems, her reaction isn't all that weird considering that Lana stans are bugging her into commenting on a song that may not even have anything to do with her. They're creating drama where there isn't any and acting like it's AB's fault.

The first ones commenting were the faggots from the fanbase i am, then the lanators started bugging her today. 

It's not a diss track, more a bio on somebody (hopefully not even a real somebody, or at least a white girl). I don't want to acknowledge or think about this anymore because it's a good ass song and I love Lana. My problem would be the "You're so ghetto" line because it is problematic and even more fucked up if it is about Azealia, a black woman.

"You're not mean, you're just one to be seen" "Got things that've yet to be seen like your rapper's delight" "You want in but you just can't win so you stay in the lights" would actually fit Azealia's social image though.  :facepalm:

Idk why stans try to pin everybody against everyone. Like do people just think people in the industry have to be shady towards whoever else is in the same industry? Fuck whoever even mentioned Azealia.

People just think it's about Azealia because of the "you're so ghetto" line.  :runs:

How is she ghetto though when she always wearing expensive shit and living in luxury? that's the only line that makes me think its not about AB

its cuz she's black and people are racist like that LOL 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

its cuz she's black and people are racist like that LOL

LOLL I always saw Ghetto as being poor/living in the poor side. u could be asian black white spanish or an alien for all i care but if you living in the poor I'mma call u ghetto :P maybe that's just me

goodbye at people suddenly saying that Lana is bad for saying ghetto in this song when she sings that word in half of her unreleased songs

and i doubt she means ghetto in a "ratchet/ from the hood" or "poor" way

I honestly don't think its about a real person. She even said the lyrics were more surreal than her usual (auto)biographical writing. I always thought at best its a continuation of the Carmen story.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this song is about Azealia? The reasons I read seemed to be a huge reach.

Every era there seems to be a huge reach for a diss track by lana. Like people lana is an adult, she's a bit above doing that i would like to think (I don't even want to talk about FMWUTT)

CJjib6A.jpg